It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US sending up to 45,000 more troops to afghanistan

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by KSPigpen
We've seen it too many times. How many died in Viet Nam for lies? Did Communism turn out to be the big threat we were sold early on?

We faced the communist Chinese in Korea. The Koreans are still divided. The South is one of the wealthiest and most advanced societies in Asia, [Not to mention Japan and now China's rise] while North Korea is a Nuclear armed outcast. We won the cold war. China is now capitalist and the Soviet union is gone. You live somewhere free and can speak your mind freely online.

Think about how the world would have been under Communism. We have a very real history of how they handled Eastern Europe or China under Mao.

Well, I can't really argue with THAT now, can I?

Yeah, I enjoy my freedom and have fathers, grandfathers....lots of people to thank for that, lots of people even HERE to thank for that...and I could never repay my debt to them.

I can try though, by having respect for life and by questioning what my government wants to do and by voicing my opinion through my vote and my words.

I used to be pretty fired up about killing. I was unwaivering in my devotion to the will of our leaders. You folks have taught me to question that. You've taught me about poppies and lies and posse comitatus. You've taught me that when I blindly accept the will of a tyrannical government, I have forfeited those rights that others have died to preserve for me.

You've taught me that communism was flawed and that capitalism is flawed too and that empires, no matter how strong they appear will eventually die, but all is not lost, because when one dies, another comes along and sometimes gets things just a little more right.

Here's to wishing we get it right someday.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join