It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The origins of Halloween and how we celebrate it

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Ahh here we are again. Another Halloween!!

I have about 7 small pumpkins sitting out front. I used sharpie this year, no carving due to my hand problems. Both my front and back porch are decorated. I went a little crazy this year, first year where I lived somewhere that wasn't a nazi condo association. I am able to decorate all I want here!

I have the "After Dark Horrorfest 8 Films to Die For" collection, Buffy The Vampire Slayer and All "Nightmare On Elm Street" movies playing today. I have 3 bags of candy, hopefully we get some kids!

I have my dog and little one ready with their costumes. I wanted them to go as Chewbacca and Han Solo but I couldn't find the right attire for Han Solo for a 5mth old lol SO NEXT year I will make it myself, by then I should be a pro at the sewing machine. lol So the dog has his vampire cape, he is a doggie vamp and my little one has a Superman outfit, Darth Vader onesie and his Halloween onesies. All of which will have been worn at some point today. lol We will answer the door with the Vader outfit. I will watch horror movies all night and eat the left over candy.

Tomorrow I will make the traditional Samhain Meal tomorrow. A day late I know but it's close enough

Happy Halloween!!

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Happy Halloween/Samhain!

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

I think Halloween was originally the official beginning of winter. Its scary because the cold can kill by starvation or by hypothermia.

The ancient holidays line up with the seasons better when the holidays are shifted into the future about a month or two. Each year has a quarter day that added up in the past before leap year put it in the calendar. All of those leap year days added together is enough to move the ancient holidays about two months earlier in the yearly calendar than they originally were.

That puts Halloween at the first ice storm of the winter, Christmas gift giving towards the end of winter when food (gifts) is most scarce, Valentines Day in the spring when the weather is warmer and food is at hand again and Easter when the world is warmest and most comfortable.

ETA -- Lucky Charms is the newest breakfast cereal, started in 1964, and it is made of OATs, not wheat or corn. Lucky Charms is the best breakfast cereal for gluten free diets.

It might have a lot of Flouride in it. If the local water supply of the Lucky Charms plant is fluoridated city water, then LC could have maybe 100 times the amount of fluoride due to evaporation in the cooking process. The fluoride stays behind in the cereal when the water evaporates.
edit on 31-10-2015 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2015 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver
Happy Halloween/Samhain!

Back atcha!!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join