It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Need A Vaccination for American Aggression

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

Apologies. You didn't specify Iraq, you said "any of the people it is at war with". That would tend to include the Taliban and al-Qaeda in my mind.

So I answered for "any of the people" we are at war with.

With that said, there evidently ARE some American troops "anywhere near their damn place" in Saudi Arabia. That's one of the reasons Bin Laden keeps giving for having his knickers in a wad.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Again, it's not our responsibility how the Afghani's treat Afghani Taliban.

The wounded guy who got shot again? That's called a KIA, and if you're doing your job, you'll do that with great frequency.

Having been in combat and seeing every trick of the trade, I assume that others know what I do.

Here's the deal. If you have a wounded enemy a short distance away, finish it. And after you finish it, you leave him alone. It's very likely he may have had the presence of mind to pull the pin on a grenade, and while holding the spoon in place, wedge it under him.

So that whoever comes up, and flips him over to either treat him or drag his carcass out of the way, will also become a casualty.

After a firefight, I'd repeat the very same thing my predecessors in the Pacific did. Our Marines would perform a "possum patrol." Shoot and reshoot every Japanese body they could find to ensure no one was "playing possum."

Frequently, a man would either pretend to be dead, or even temporarily knocked out, and after the Marines had "cleared" the battlefield and relaxed, come alive again, and kill someone.

It's a prudent move to make sure they're dead.

Dead is good.

Deader is better.

Those things that on the surface may seem cold - are things learned the hard way. They work.

Keep it simple, don't do too much deep thinking, trust your instincts and your brothers, and know that not one dead enemy to date has come back on two feet to kill anyone.

We had the NVA also wedge live grenades underneath their bodies. I made damn sure that those dead - were dead.

Those that were already dead didn't mind the verification - and those who may have a breath or two, soon didn't mind the verification either.

I can't begin to tell you how many "humanitarian" soldiers get killed because they want to "do the right thing."

The right thing is to kill them in the greatest number, in the greatest concentration, as quickly as you can, as efficiently as you can.

You do that, and you just may get out alive.

But no guarantees.

Just helps your odds.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
reply to post by KSPigpen

Now this post I can agree with for the most part. Star for you.

We all get affected by our emotions when we post, anyone who says otherwise is either a liar or incapable of feeling anything. And you're right, it is hard to have a meaningful discussion with someone who's calling the US the world's biggest killer. That automatically puts everyone on the defensive and you can't really discuss anything that way.

you would be able to discuss it if you accepted YOUR responsibily as a u.s. voter for allowing the atrocities YOUR administrations commit on your behalf.
even if you did get an unsanitised version of events you would still take the stance you take .. thats why people have little patience with you yanks.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by manxman2
even if you did get an unsanitised version of events you would still take the stance you take .. thats why people have little patience with you yanks.

Really? So you know exactly what stance I take huh? That's funny because I haven't actually said what my stance is on the war since that isn't the topic of this thread. You sure do seem to assume an awful lot about me when you're not plagiarizing from articles posted online.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join