It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The honest question/discussion thread. Are we truly ready for ET discolsure?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asmus
When I observe, I see a people who are not even yet ready for themselves, and for the ones around them. I see a much bigger step that needs to be taken first : Knowing and being at peace with ourselves and the ones we inhabit this place with.

How this would translate into a much bigger picture I do not have an answer for, and is not for me or others to decide. We can only decide for ourselves, that is the only responsibility we can share. Set the example you wish to see, intend for others to seek and know.

Be In Peace.

Erm, without sounding like a troll, that was gonna be the gist of my thread, that we spirituality (not religion) are not ready for it.

Until we lose the ability to harm, kill, maim and lie, we would not have reached a level of conciousness ready for D.

But I got waylaid.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I think that we ARE ready. Just for the reason that we've come to a time where its like were at our peak. We all dream of a future like some sort of Sci-fi movie where we have flying cars and the like... But i dont see that happening. At least not for a long time.. But on point, i think that the shock and no doubt, it would be a shock to the whole world, even the belivers of Alien life, because they'd have their bragging rights and what'a not. Also then the religious side wont have an effect in my oppinion. For instance, look at all the religions we have here all ready... I dont think one more would do much damage, although the Aliens may have more than one religion anyway. And then we always give Aliens to much credit.. Yeah, they may have masterd inter-stella travel, and approached Goverment with a secret treaty but dont you think that their daft not to realise that there being used too? We're 'apparently' having some of their Tech, yet they still havnt been introduced to us...... I could go on and on, but i really do think were ready. We need it. So we can move on... In a number of ways.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire

I love your post, you know what is desired and what s probable!

i don't discount any theory in this topic, since noBODY knows what ET will be!

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Start by saying not sure if we are ready for D

In my opinion the rest of the world or at least many small underdeveloped communities and villages around the world seemed to have already worked their ufo experiences into their everyday life narrative and culture. Many are farmers and outdoor workers who see things unexplainable multiple times. I would guess especially if they were near or in the flight path of an underground or "inside a mountain" type base; if such a thing exists.

I would venture a wager that the local Native elders in and around Dulce know somethings up? Mexico, Spain, Brazil, and other South American countries seem not too surprised when something happens in their village.

It seems the less dialed in you are or the less influential or perhaps unassuming you are, the more likely you could find something out. Those young school children in Africa was it? and a town somewhere in the former czech republic or Poland a number of years back that had contact with visitors in their town park, they were pretty unassuming and they were contacted. I think the visitors are more like the self conscious person who quietly enters the pool from the stairs and slips in. Instead of the muscle bound meat head who cannon balls into the pool making a huge disturbance.

Everyone notices the meat head, but only the ones by the steps see the visitor quietly get in and out.

When it comes to D I think the US gov. is like that stubborn older brother or that tough guy on the play ground who no matter how beaten he is or how badly he is proved wrong or whatever situation he is in, he will never cry "uncle"

I think the whole rest of the world will embrace it when it happens but the states who will now be facing more and more questions about the "Core Story" will shift their stance from, "We haven't tracked ufos since blue book and they are all misidentified conventional"... explanation bs, to "No comment"

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Regarding disclosure:
there's question i'd like to put to you my friends.

IF

There was nothing to hide, then why France ( CNES : GEIPAN - )

and britain's MoD decided to release some useless stuff right now? If there was nothing to hide, then why we had to wait? Time to study the stuff or time to cover the results up?

Heck, i'm skeptik enough, but can't find an answer to this question.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot
I think it would be Earth shattering simply because man operates (for the most part)on the assumption that we are the Alpha Male of the Cosmos. It would be very hard to take a step down on the evolutionary ladder so to speak!
From what I have seen, people would behave just like in any situation in which someone appears to challenge the present authority, some would feel threatned by this new presence, maybe stronger, but obviously unknown, while others would see it as a perfect opportunity to follow the new leader and point to the other people and say "See, didn't I told you that they would come?" or "Those are against you, be warned that they will do everything to catch you, but I will keep an eye on them"

( Assuming that ET is more advanced than us! But if they had space travel that would be a good assumption!)
More assumptions that were not present in the OP.

Your theoretical disclosure was not related to any specific situation, like the implied situation of the ETs visiting us. If you would like to talk about any possible disclosure then you should start by removing those limitations imposed but not named on the OP.

Now I know that the pope has tackled the issue of ET, but that still leaves a vast number of Earth's religious folk unaccounted for.
Do you real know that? Could you point me to it? As I said, it was someone on an official position in the Vatican but it was not the Vatican that said it (or the Pope), it was said as a personal opinion.

About the economy, yeah you're right it depends on the kind of Et disclosed, but accepting the usual flying saucer kind of ET, with propulsion beyond our capability, it isn't a huge stretch to think they'd have alternative means of energy, do you think?
If it's beyond our capability then it can also be beyond our resources, so it wouldn't change a thing. Also, even if it was, you are assuming that the ETs would share it with us.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
My SCI-FI side of me says that we won't be ready until we have been subjected to all of their diseases. The when we are innoculated enough the truth will be exposed. Then we will be ready for disclosure. The ones that survive the innoculation process will be the ones that have taken all of the vaccines. The ones that show they trust the NWO.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Exactly. Everyone automatically assumes that being Space travlers and possesing advanced tech makes people 'think' that Aliens are clever, so maybe their enlightend, and belive in science / evolution and that then inturn rules out the possibility of any 'God' creation theory. E.t.c. But then again, maybe Aliens dont come to us because their affraid because they may think we are Gods, and that we're so stubbon that we have no intrest in life upon other planets.... I just say we should break the ice A.S.A.P. So we can get on with other things knowing that we're not alone. It would ceartinly be a weight of many peoples backs on ATS..

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot
Until we lose the ability to harm, kill, maim and lie, we would not have reached a level of conciousness ready for D.
I sincerely hope we don't loose the ability to harm, kill, maim and lie, I hope we keep those capabilities but just decide not to use them.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Maybe the aliens don't have physical bodies to be seen but are entities that can communicate with us in a telepathic way, can travel (thought is instantaneous) and create matter with the power of the mind , etc... they might not be on our 'phyisical realm' but rather on another sort of 'dimension'.

Maybe we're all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, the Universe is an hologram and there's no such thing as humans, aliens or matter.

How would you disclose such thing to the general public? I can't even fully understand it myself...

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

i think we are ready, save for a few, and it would improve our society tremendously to get some of their technology and start exploring the cosmos...imagine, what better economic relief could there be than creating millions of space industry jobs?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrisd250

i think we are ready, save for a few, and it would improve our society tremendously to get some of their technology and start exploring the cosmos...imagine, what better economic relief could there be than creating millions of space industry jobs?

Oh yes, I'd love to work in space
like going on some sort of exploration, searching for new planets etc
oh boy, the view would be awesome.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TamtammyMacx

This is true! And its crossed my mind too. There'd most definately be so many diffrent problems, and yet again, this could be another reason why there taking so long to say 'HELLO' since their busy making vacines for their selfs, since from what ive read here, Greys are having problems and hence my thought that they may have a weak immune systeme and 'hence' the abduction of the Local Farmer, due to their life style, they may have a stronger resistance to life in the country side.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann
If I believed the ETH, which I don't, I'd say no.

It follows the same line of thought for me as the Exopolitics garbage:

Everyone wants "disclosure" without even really knowing what that means-because they don't know what the phenomena is to begin with.

You don't even know, what you want to know.

It's really absurd when you think about it. It never ceases to amaze me how pedestrian the "alien" is assumed to be. It's all the same culture-bound crap, with the exo-crowd leading the way, for future diplomacy and infrastructure for an issue they have no solidified idea about. It's at best nothing but castles in the thin air.

The true "alien" in my contention, is SO alien it'll make your jaw hit the floor and stay there. Not this human sci-fi peddled crap.

People talk about the effects on religion, culture, power structures...how about the notion of your very reality and perception being ripped out?

Ready for that? I don't think so.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by jritzmann]

I don't get what you're saying. Let's say they are there right now, it doesnt affect us because i we don't know about it. If all of a sudden we found out about their existence, it would make absolutely no difference. Absolutely nothing would change other than the fact that we now know theres life, that is still, in no way effecting us.

if you don't want to know about something(that's having no negative effect) because you're afraid knowing of it's existence will scare you, I'm sorry but that's quite sad.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Would the religious in the world embrace the newest of God's creatures or revolt?

This revelation maybe the biblical breaking of the seventh seal, meaning the conscious recognition of aliens, this being the final revelation changes the "game'. To me from the biblical perspective we are under gods watchful eye and dominion, et acceptance is our galactic birth the arrival of our inheritance. It means we as a species have arrived to the place of our collective responsibility.
We would in time be able to reckognise human traits in comparison to alien our self knowledge would leap ahead and it would need to! To lose favoured child status in the eye of god and make our way in the cosmos we would grow up quickly - so all good. To sort out our path oursleves before this would give us a bit more pride, and frankly my feeling as this has already happened (the seventh seal has been broken) and this is all our responsibility here and now.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moraz

Originally posted by chrisd250

Oh yes, I'd love to work in space
like going on some sort of exploration, searching for new planets etc
oh boy, the view would be awesome.

i wouldnt even mind being a janitor on an exploratory ship if i got to see the endless things that are out in the universe....would be exciting for sure...

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I feel the same way OP, i would love for disclosure, but it is good to consider the effects in order to keep our minds balanced.

Well i actually think before the Egyptians (maybe other ancient cultures too) we were visited by an extra terrestrial race. there are a few documentaries to support this and ancient artifacts. the fact is that when looking back at their records, their culture seemed to have already been laid out for them before they existed, with little development time.

while this may be the case, introducing the idea to a people of not that great intelligence of the world around them probably didn't cause that much of an uproar in the public. they probably were amazed, but blindly accepted what their eyes were telling them and thought they were gods. (over time the Egyptians definitely gained a great deal of knowledge for example astronomy, but im talking about in the beginning).

in today world, i think there would be vast impacts though, which may have more profound impacts then we may see on the surface. I can think of some possible initial side effects on politics, the economy, and work ethics/questioning the government, as well as foreign relations and competition to win over the extra terrestrials and their knowledge and technology.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jritzmann

Right on. An alien would be just that. ALIEN. Beyond our comprehension. Even if there was this "disclosure" chances are i'd still have to get up and go to work the next day.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I really like this thread - nice idea, it provoked a bit of thought! I think there would be huge effects on our civilization on some key areas :-

1) Religion. Many of us would re-examine the importance of religion and the origin of humans. Some would conclude, as I do, that alien life doesn't necessarily preclude a god : if god existed, he could easily create life on multiple planets. However, some people would turn from God and traditional religions and I think we would see a massive rise in these space/alien cults.

2) Science. For any civilization to be able to reach us, it means that they are in possession of technology far in advance of our own. This would have vast implications for us, depending on how much of this knowledge they were prepared to share. Could disease be eliminated? Could lifespan be expanded? Would the often mentioned 'free energy' become available? Would we be given technology to go off exploring the universe also?

3) Climate. Presumably the new technology mentioned above, as well as scientific expertise, would enable us to halt any further damage to our planet and in fact start repairing some of the damage.

4) Military. Sadly, certain groups within our society have been conditioned to approach such matters (access to new technology and knowledge) from a military perspective, and with a view to turning it to their advantage.

5) Economic. I think this one is impossible to predict. Will we all go crazy spending money on new technology, or will we have a personal army of automated machines able to do EVERYTHING for us, enabling us to live a life of complete relaxation and leisure? And that is without even getting into the free energy factor.

6) Politics. The world of politics will be dramatically changed. New alliances will be created ; old power hierarchies will be made instantly redundant. If every government has equal access to this science, former superpowers will no longer have any military advantage.

7) Psychology/philosophy. What advanced knowledge and understanding does this species have on subjects such as religion, art, music, psychology, ethics, etc? Will we have instant access to a vast library of extraterrestrial alien masterpieces by the alien equivalent of Shakespeare? The possibilities are incredible!

However, to avoid all of this sudden turmoil, the smart politician would just announce that we had received a message from another civilization. Something basic like a simple greeting. This would minimise the impact on at least some of the areas mentioned above.

Millions

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I doubt it would make much difference to the vast majority of the people. "Hon, they say on the news that some Arcturian aliens have come here. Are they going to take our jobs, too?"

We've already seen it all. We've seen the movies, ET, Close Encounters, Star Wars, Star Trek, Men In Black, all the space opera and science fiction with aliens from guys that look just like us, to octopodes to slime and whatever.

What do you think people will do, if they see aliens on TV? Freak out and die? No. They'll marvel at it, talk about it for a week or two, maybe watch some talk shows hosting aliens (or "experts" who will discuss the aliens), and go on with their lives. Some religious fanatics will try to convert them. Others will try to drive them away as being demons. But for most people, they'll still have the job and the kids and the mortgage, and it won't make all that much difference.

That's assuming these guys are benign, of course. If they're here to harvest and eat us, then we've probably got a problem, though we really could use a bit of population reduction.

What I *don't* see is panic in the streets, rioting, and all that. Not if they just announce the disclosure, with an official standing with one of the aliens. No weapons, no display of awesome power, just your basic alien standing there squinting in the bright lights of the TV cameras.

Anyway, I'm thinking that at least some of us here would cry "fake" if it ever happened, denying the aliens were real, just like the fake moon landing.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join