It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

has anyone ever really seen a ufo?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
on this site what i usually see are numerous links to youtube or even perhaps a literary reference and those are okay for passing the buck for the sake of vanity but who has ever seen a ufo? does anyone have an interesting story to that effect? please no links just stories

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I have, it was an Orange flicker light that traveled across the sky and disappeared, and it wasn't a plane.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I saw one up close hovering in the sky approx 20-30 ft off the ground. I was helping my dad on the house he had built. We left around 9 PM it was out in the country here in sheridan, Indiana. I believe it was around July of 1998 or 1999. It was a disc shape with different color lights all the way around it. We were driving down the road and it just suddenly appeared. We stopped the car and got out and just stared at it for a good 10 minutes. It was completely silent. Then the lights turned off and it was gone. That is what made me a believer. My dad would testify to this story as well.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

Yes my friend, it was flickering red and orange moving quite fast, it was very bright, it wasnt a plane, it wasnt a helicopter, it wasnt a satilite, it definatly wasnt swamp gas, so yeah, i seen a flying object that i could not identify.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Sure. I have. It was a "flying egg". Very large. It was mentioned briefly on Feb. 15, 2006, 2005(?) on C2C with George Noory in the first hour.

His researcher thought it was "Moby Air" and posted a link to a Popular Mechanics article and picture of it.

What was it? At the time I felt it was some kind of bouy and the ET characters or whatever messed up the cloaking.

But a giant blimp is an OK explanation.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
in November 2007, three of us were meteorite gazing, leonid shower, i think we saw 2 or 3 meteors but we also saw 21 ufo's in the space of an hour, they were not meteor's, had this argument already! they looked like stars moving across the sky, some were in pairs almost a swimming motion, as if they outpassing each other

they were going in all directions! we still talk about it when we meet up. my last words were " well i won't be telling anyone in work about this tomorrow, they will think i am mad"

space debris? i don't think so!

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Yes, I remember it vividly. I was about 13 or 14, can't remember. We were driving some where, don't remember the place and I was just leaning against the window looking out at the sky, not searching for anything, just day dreaming.

I saw a big silver disk in the sky, I stared at it for quite a while trying to figure out what it was. I looked away to ask my brother if he saw it. We turned back and it was gone.

That's how most of these stories go I suppose.

Could it have been my imagination? Possibly, but as a child I had little to no imagination. Am I just flat out making this up? No, I'm pretty sure it was there.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
just once, and not the standard silver disc or a light in the sky.

For more info read the thread in my signature.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Once again people are using the wrong word. The word is FLYING SAUCER. Everyone has seen a UFO. a thrown pencil is a UFO before you identify it.
In the 60s I saw a satelite in orbit. This satelite was a secret one and nobody believed me. Just a light moving in the stars. Its existance was only revealed a few years ago.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by earthdude]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I have seen several, the latest being last saturday night I even captured it on my phone, this and they were the orange lights in the sky moving around, which is all I could see. But the one that turned me into a believer and made me do all the research I have done in the past was one night this time in 2007. This was in the East midlands UK, as I was going to bed one night I was just looking out my window, as the sky was so clear, just looking at the stars, I don't know how far away it was but it was like seeing a plane in full length from 30 meters away. It just seemed so bright and I remember seeing green and red all over it, it just kind of appeared moving slowly then just dissapeared after about 7 seconds. At the time I honestly just thought What the #### was that, far too low to be a plane. And the sense of shock I got from seeing it was something I have never experienced before.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
If you take a look around the ufo forum you'll see that lots of people, myself included have seen UFO's. Now are they little green men, or gray, from Out There? Hmmm...seems unlikely. But they were certainly flying, and I haven't a clue as to what they were...hense the unidentified.

My UFO was greenish and moved east to west so fast I barely got a glimpse of it. In all likelihood, it was a meteor...but who knows.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I saw a UFO. Back in 1995, I was fishing with my friend overnight in Southampton UK on the Solent. We were laying on our backs on the waterfront and noticed a moving star. Only this thing was moving from star to star, its like it knew we were watching it seemed to be showing off. Now I know it couldn't physically move from one star to another in a matter of a few seconds, so I am not sure what was going on. All in all this thing moved to and from stars for about 20 minutes. Anybody else seen anything like this ?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Yup....me too...even fairly recently. When I see something that seems to be flying, but I can't identify it, it qualifies. Within the span of about three days, I watched two objects, fairly bright, fly a few degrees through the sky and the just disappear.

Haven't seen anything land, or little people get out or anything.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Saw two in 3 days two summers ago.

The first was cigar shaped, was heading north at a high rate of speed, then doubled back on a single point turn without slowing a bit, and sped off south.

The second was again a cigar, just hovering above Sylvan Hill (Oregon) for a good 10 minutes. Then it simply faded out.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Hi there, to your question, yes i have. I have been looking up at the sky for some time now and have never seen nothing. However, I have over the last 5 to 6 weeks seen seriously strange s,h,i,t. Now i´m from denmark and i have seen stars suddenly move, i have seen orbs trying to disguise themselfs, flying over the sky with absolutly no sound. what i have seen the last couple of days, i can not even start to explain.

You wanted my answer, there it is. Hope it helps you.

Love and light.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Oh yes many times. I was lucky enough to see some that are only visible in the IR spectrum. When using night vision with uncle sam. They were only visible with the goggles on just like that video from the Mexican Air Force thats been around a few years.

One light came across the desert and it wasnt bouncing like a vehicle would on rough land. Slow and steady and then spread out into maybe 8 across a half mile distance. Official explenation from superiors, "those were cows with flashlights taped to their sides".

Next event was 4 years later when the wife and I came off the highway to our exit at 2AM to see a white orb hovering over the highway where there are no lights and 4 other cars pulled over watching it. Funning I do not remember anyone standing outside their cars. My wife was 8 months along with our son and said, "just get out of here!"

What these lights are I have no idea. Maybe they are a life form that can actually travel great distances in space because they are made of light or some sort of energy.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
YES! I DID see a flying apparatus. It was summer 1979, I was at the Alaska "Statewide" drag racing event in Palmer, AK. I was photographing my buddy's races with the 35mm camera strapped to my neck. From the moment I saw it, I was physically frozen, but I remember thinking (at first) that it must be a satellite. It started out very small, evedentally far away, because it got MUCH bigger as it came rite up and stopped. Next thing I knew, the sounds of dragsters brought me to attention and "it" was gone. I have no idea how much time passed, it was just like a silent trance. The "item" looked like a pyramid facing up with another one facing down, like a black diamond, spinning on it's axis, at a quick, regular pace. The surface was like a microphone, black with perforations. If anyone ever goes to Palmer Dragway, stand on left side of track and face away from it, track behind you. Look off in the distance, you will see that you are standing at one end of a canyon, and it extends about as far as you can see. The "item" came from the far end of the canyon, following it, I thought it may be a USAF jet when it was just a dot. I didn't say a word to anybody there, or anybody at all for years! It was just TOO real, in a scarey way. I can still see it in my mind's eye, like it was yesterday!

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Yup. I saw three times. And they're definitely wasn't human made crafts. One of them might be was a shooting star, but I never saw a green shooting star before. So I consider it as a U.F.O. This was around 10-12 years ago. And the second was in the last year... I don't know what was it, numerous small blue lights, but they looked great and beautiful as they danced on the sky (I saw this one twice under two different nights.).

[edit on 14-10-2009 by Sharrow]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I've seen 2.
The most impressive one I saw was one night in 1996. It appeared as an ENORMOUS globe of incandescent light, suspended motionless very low in the sky. No sound, no lights , just totally still. I wateched it for a very brief time then it very slowly moved upwards a couple of hundred feet and disappeared , just "blinked out" like nothing had ever been there. It was very close, rather than far away in the distance. It appeared above the treeline and was many times bigger than the full moon.

The other one I saw in Crete. A star like object was moving upwards in a straight vertical path, rather than at an angle like a plane would move. I watched it for several minutes go at a steady pace and then BAM it just shot off like the way the Starship Enterprise would shoot off when going super speed.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

"has anyone ever really seen a ufo?"

Yes, several times. The best in 1970. In broad daylight, at low altitude I watched a huge torpedo shaped object slowly fly over. I watched it all the way until it went over the horizon, when another one appeared along the same path. They made no sound at all, were made of a light grey shiny metal, at least 400 meteres long, huge actually. I watched this with a freind at the time, but have no clue what they were.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join