It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible New Da Vinci Painting Found

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Oct. 14, 2009 -- A new painting by Leonardo da Vinci may have been discovered thanks to a centuries-old fingerprint.

Peter Paul Biro, a Montreal-based forensic art expert, said Tuesday that a fingerprint on what was presumed to be a 19th-century German painting of a young woman has convinced art experts that it's actually a Leonardo.

Canadian-born art collector Peter Silverman bought "Profile of the Bella Principessa" at the Ganz gallery in New York on behalf of an anonymous Swiss collector in 2007 for about $19,000. New York art dealer Kate Ganz had owned it for about 11 years after buying it at auction for a similar price.

One London art dealer now says it could be worth more than $150 million.

If experts are correct, it will be the first major work by Leonardo to be identified in 100 years.

For all of my fellow art enthusiasts, I found this and thought I would share.

Source: dsc.discovery.com...

Enjoy!

Mod Note: Breaking General News Posting Guidelines- Please Review This Link

the submission must be made via the Submit News Button located on the toolbar at the top of the page.

[edit on Wed Oct 14 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
What an interesting find this is, especially since it looks like they've been able to prove it is a DaVinci by the artist's fingerprint on the painting.

Here's a little more information:

entertainment.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
wow that is really luck and a good eye too.

love da vinci's work and if i had that kind of cash to shell out i would buy it off him

[edit on 14-10-2009 by The Cloak]

new topics

join