It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Area 51 program on History Channel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I just kept pushing the facts and hoping some of the material would make it in. It would have worked if they had stayed with the original plan of just doing an Area 51 show.

One incident during the shoot was particularly ironic. We stayed in Rachel for a few days, supposedly investigating to find the truth about Area 51. At the Little Ale'Inn, we met a man named Jim who worked at Area 51 for 14 years (I have verified his background). The MysteryQuest crew didn't even bother interviewing him. They were more than happy, however, to interview Pat (owner of the Inn) about her supposed UFO sighting.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I gave up on that show a long time ago....everytime they do a new topic they just try to drag out ohh's and ahh's and aren't really focused on bringing anything new to the table. While it is entertaining to watch I doubt that it'll ever be anything more than that...

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowhawk

There was a guy named Jim that worked as a mechanic at Groom Lake that lived in Rachel, but he died about two years ago. I gather this film footage is not canned material but recent, so it is a different Jim.

The funny thing about Rachel is when you die, generally your car keeps on living in town. Seriously, how else would you sell a vehicle in Rachel unless it is to another occupant of town or maybe Alamo.

As you know, the Inn has no credibility whatsoever. Even non Groom stuff they claim to know is wrong, such as the Jeremiah Weed crash.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowhawk
Even the original concept had serious problems. I had been promised that this show would tell the real story of Area 51 and that my expertise was needed. Unfortunately, the script outline was already fixed and the field producer stymied me at nearly every turn. If I tried to give some facts about Area 51 that had been uncovered through hard research efforts after the mid 1990s, I was told I couldn't say that because it would spoil the mystery. I was repeatedly told to remember that "Area 51 is a mystery." Well, I thought the point was to solve the mystery. Apparently not. They just wanted to tease the audience.

Quick question. If you knew that revealing information about Area 51 would put our security at risk, with other nations, why would you want everyone in tv-land to know the real story?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
What a foolish question, Pathos, and so poorly worded. Surely you don't think I would give away national security information.

There is more than enough unclassified and declassified material availible to assemble an outstanding Area 51 documentary if anyone was sufficiently motivated to do so. There are way too many shows that just rehash the same old stuff, over and over, and muddy the water with UFOs and aliens which have nothing to do with the real story of Groom Lake.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowhawk

My assumption is whatever a causal investigator can find out by poking around the area, our enemies already know. Further, if security is so lax that Joe Blow with a scanner and camera can learn something secret, then shame on those trying to maintain the secrecy. If you comsec/infosec depends on people not probing around the edges, you have a bad plan.

I can say that with over a decade of poking around the range, I've never seen anyone remotely resembling a foreign agent. I have to assume they get their information by bribery.

The closest I've come to revealing secrets have been the players/visitors at Base Camp. It's not exactly my problem that these agencies bring their assets to a base where any visitor can drive right through the middle.

Now Groom has done a damn good job of keeping their programs secret. Look at the Bird of Prey. Nary a photograph of the plane was taken by the public.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I wonder if alien bacteria have been detected in the area 51 region.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowhawk
I just kept pushing the facts and hoping some of the material would make it in. It would have worked if they had stayed with the original plan of just doing an Area 51 show.

One incident during the shoot was particularly ironic. We stayed in Rachel for a few days, supposedly investigating to find the truth about Area 51. At the Little Ale'Inn, we met a man named Jim who worked at Area 51 for 14 years (I have verified his background). The MysteryQuest crew didn't even bother interviewing him. They were more than happy, however, to interview Pat (owner of the Inn) about her supposed UFO sighting.

Thanks, Peter Merlin, for chiming in on this. Was just rereading this thread and wondered if the readers ever realized it was you that posted.

It really is too bad that the producers were more interested in the "alien" angle than the facts. I have to believe that someday, someone with some wisdom will produce a documentary based on facts, not the nonsense. WITHOUT John Lear and his BS....

EDITED TO ADD:
This program is now available on Youtube, for those that haven't seen it
www.youtube.com...
Click on "Alien Coverup"

[edit on 22-11-2009 by FosterVS]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
It was great show on History Channel when I watched It

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join