It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lack of sleep

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Changing weather and changing seasons sometimes will cause these things. Melatonin before bedtime and a consistent sleep schedule will help work through things.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged
Ok, I am finding something very weird. I have noticed in the last couple of weeks an alarming amount of people talking about not sleeping. Everyone has the same stories, my g/f has this problem but now I am seeing MANY ppl around me with the same symptoms. It could be a coincidence but I really am seeing a pattern. Anyone else having problems or noticing the same thing?

I haven't been able to sleep for over 2 years now. It started around mid-2007. At first it was that.. hmmm... it's a crazy story.

The only way I get to sleep is to get a certain amount of liquor and I can get to sleep. I started out with beer, but as the "tolerance" went up I realized that it was making me fat. So I switched to the 40% vodka, tecquila, and rum, and that works. The only problem is that once I go to sleep, when I wake up my apartment always looks like an alien abduction scene. There's weird liquids and feces all over the place. I most likely was not abducted, but what's more likely is that whatever that is in my head (hmm.. it's like some kind of psychic or alien or something, long story..) causing me to "sleep walk" or something like that.

Oh, well. Nothing I can do about it.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I've noticed an increase in insomnia ever since daylight savings time was extended.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I'm in the group that hasn't been sleeping well for years. I don't know that I would call it insomnia, I don't have trouble falling asleep, I just can't stay asleep. It's a pattern now I think I'm doomed to live... Don't have a clue how to change it...

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I've noticed several people mentioning this on facebook as well. I've not personally noticed the problem, though.

It could be so many things, that it's nearly impossible to pinpoint it to any one. I mean, this could be something like solar activity, cosmic rays flux, chemtrails (not that I really believe this), magnetosphere fluctuations, extra fluoride dumped into water supply, collective intuitions of future traumatic events, etc..

Or it could just be someone making a link that's not really out of the norm. Many people out there, and we are the generation of "information overload", so...

For those experiencing partial insomnia, I would suggest looking into nutrient supplements that will up serotonin (which is converted in the pineal to melatonin) , or gaba.

Glutamine will up gaba. B6, b3, & tryptophan will up serotonin synthesis. If you take tryptophan, take on empty stomach and with juice.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by unityemissions]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Someone also recommened i think they callled it "sleepy time" tea, its spose to relax you, I am not having any trouble sleeping, but I don't sleep sound and wake pretty much every hour on the hour and fall right back to sleep

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by stereovoyaged

Could be sleep apnea.

Has anyone ever told you that you snore while sleeping?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I only snore when i'm REALLY tired or drunk, lol, or so says my g/f

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Since i got parasites in me sleeping has been good and so not good thanks to those critters

I am going to go on a protocol and if must i will take Iodine.

Believe me having parasites in you is one thing and getting them out is another and not mention the sleep issue with them that comes along

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I attribute this lack of sleep to lack of physical activity.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Unregistered

i've been there so i know.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
It could also be a symptom of our modern life. I have found that people that twitter and facebook and forum can sometimes almost become addicted to them. They are always waiting for the next update. Cell phones, laptops, being unable to unplug is a thing that is effecting us and will continue to get worse.

Unplug sometimes, turn it off.

Also I second the above poster that mentioned melatonin. Get a nice natural melatonin in tablet form, put it under your tongue and let it dissolve. Do this at night before going to bed and help to redevelop a sleeping pattern. Also if you don't go outside because of lifestyle, I implore you to get some sun on your skin.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join