It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a piece of the October 25th "prediction" phenomena?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I do have respect for informed prognosticators like Gerald Celente etc, but do not buy into "predictions" based on such things as WEBBOT. This however does make said predictions a little more intriguing!

I do not want to state its source, other than it is from a "Patriot website".

I am not condoning nor condemning this, just thought the time-line was curious when over-layed on the October 25th "dire" predictions from the WEBBOT crowd.

"The government is still not listening to us so it is time to step up the response.

Starting the week of October 26th. withdraw all your cash from your bank and start using money orders to pay your bills. Yes, it will be inconvenient having to avoid ATM's, personal checks, and debit cards; but this is the strongest statement we can make if enough people do it. If you have excessive funds and worry about having that much cash in your mattress, buy a safe or put it in a safety deposit box. Sure, you'll lose some bank interest, but if we don't do this we're going to lose a whole lot more. If you don't like carrying cash around, buy a pre-paid Mastercard or Visa.

To them, money talks!! We can do this and they will hear us!!

Spread the word...withdraw all money from the bank starting the week of October 26th. .

And if that doesn't wake them up fully we'll plan another for Thanksgiving, perhaps refusing to shop on that "black Friday". "

[edit on 14-10-2009 by I_am_Spartacus]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by I_am_Spartacus

Actually yes, this can be part of it. If people are starting to withdraw their money at once, the bank will collapse as they'll don't have enough cash in reserve to pay out everyone. In my country this happened once, when someone want to send our national bank to bankrupt. The people heard a hoax the bank will go to bankrupt. The effect was they immediately started to withdraw all their savings from the bank. The result, the bank really gone to bankrupt, because they didn't have had enough cash for everyone.

So, if someone is intending to bankrupt the national banks, this is the way to do that as the bank never has enough cash to pay all the customers at once.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by Sharrow]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sharrow

Actually yes, this can be part of it. If people are starting to withdraw their money at once, the bank will collapse as they'll don't have enough cash in reserve to pay out everyone. In my country this happened once, when someone want to send our national bank to bankrupt. The people heard a hoax the bank will go to bankrupt. The effect was they immediately started to withdraw all their savings from the bank. The result, the bank really gone to bankrupt, because they didn't have had enough cash for everyone.

So, if someone is intending to bankrupt the national banks, this is the way to do that as the bank never has enough cash to pay all the customers at once.

Yes, I understand the the mechanics and consequences, what I meant was, if there is ANY merit to the WEBBOT Prediction, could this be part of what "it" "saw"?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Actually yes, there is a window of opportunity (Oct 11-26) which is mentioning a similar scenario, right on Oct 25-26. See also: Bank weekend on Oct 27 (There is a thread about it somewhere here at ATS).

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Well, it could work. In The Netherlands people killed a bank by taking out all their money, the DSB bank was killed last sunday and is now declared insolvent by a grass roots action from some guy called Lakeman. It was pretty astonishing to see really, Friday it was all good and well and Sunday our central bank and the ministry of finance had a press conference stating the bank had died.

It was our version of a loanshark bank and they were in the spotlights for a couple of months because of selling dubious insurances to people that applied for a mortgage or loan.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Some time ago, a disk jockey pulled a prank on his audience. He informed them that there was an impending shortage of toilet paper. So many people ran out to stock up on toilet paper, that the shortage actually happened. It was a self-fulfilling prophecy.

If there is a run on the banks, the banks will collapse, and so will our economy. If you think things are tough now, they'll be much worse if that happens. Fortunately the US has some ways of avoiding this, including a bank holiday. Deposits are also insured, which is comforting (as long as the FDIC pays up). Still... What would be the point of all this?

You'll "send them a message"? The message will be, "Goodbye", because they'll wind up closing. They're already shaky. Why push them over the edge? Who benefits? Not us. Who do we hurt? Not them - not as much as we wind up hurting ourselves.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
IMHO, these are all just 'Rats in a Maze' experiments.

"If we do this and that... will the rats run this way, will they react in such & such a manner?"

In short, they are mass manipulation experiments to ascertain levels of control and/or gullibility. It's become a science.

Apex predators often use such tactics to 'spook the flock' in order to reap reward.

I guess all the wrong peoples interests were piqued in the fallout of Orson Welles radio performance of War of The Worlds. It showed how malleable and fragile the human psyche was.

Web bots are just a new spin on the same old shell game.

IRM

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Anyone mention that Dr. Steven Greer will be attempting to contact Et's on Oct. 25th? I do not know how to post the link here with ats mobile, but check it out on the CSETI website..... Another connection to the 25th!

-Kdial

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Every 6 months or so some kind of petition makes its way around the internet...don't buy gas days, withdrawal your money days, etc. They don't work because the level needed does not participate in the Operation.

In order for those like that to work, the percentage has to be very high of people participating. And getting everyone to withdraw their money at once is playing with fire and I don't recommend it.

Yeah let's withdraw all of our money, crash the dollar and what we hold in our hands is worthless. Great idea!

There are other ways to make a statement...a statement you can bank on.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
Some time ago, a disk jockey pulled a prank on his audience. He informed them that there was an impending shortage of toilet paper. So many people ran out to stock up on toilet paper, that the shortage actually happened. It was a self-fulfilling prophecy.

If there is a run on the banks, the banks will collapse, and so will our economy. If you think things are tough now, they'll be much worse if that happens. Fortunately the US has some ways of avoiding this, including a bank holiday. Deposits are also insured, which is comforting (as long as the FDIC pays up). Still... What would be the point of all this?

You'll "send them a message"? The message will be, "Goodbye", because they'll wind up closing. They're already shaky. Why push them over the edge? Who benefits? Not us. Who do we hurt? Not them - not as much as we wind up hurting ourselves.

After thinking for awhile about the fallout if this were to actually happen here is my opinion.

I think the original poster of the idea from the other unnamed website, is right but did not intend, understand nor explain like I am thinking.

The collapse is going to happen eventually, sooner rather than latter. The longer they hide the fact our institutions are failing and corrupt, the worse the mess gets.

We need to make the inevitable happen now before it gets worse. Its not the message that is sent by taking the money out that saves us, it is the actual action itself. Bite the 9mm bullet now or the 50 cal later.

At least if it happens this way, it would be on the peoples terms not the banks or TPB

So I guess I am now condoning it, even though I am pretty sure it won't happen because enough people will not do this.

God help us all (and I am not a religious person).

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OneNationUnder

Yes it would take many to make it "work", I am sure this goes nowhere just found it curious on the dates. BUT if the dollar is going to crash, and I believe it will, wouldn't it be great that we the people chose the time and means instead of TPTB? Like I said, making it happen now is probably much better than latter after more damage is done.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
"Safety" deposit boxes in a bank setting are NOT safe...they can be confiscated and/or held with warrant or other "reasonable" intent that the holdings may be ill-gotten gains. I strongly urge anyone who is interested in such a statement (and I think it might be a good one!) to consider alternative means to secure one's funds/belongings.
My concern is that so many of us use electronic means to go about our financial business and in order to "remove" physical funds of any amount,it may be challenging.
I'm interested to see if others have some suggestions as to how this might be viable?
The bank I use "flags" withdrawals over a certain amount as I'm sure others do as well.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
What a most fitting gift.

Financial Apocalypse for my birthday.

I find it completely fascinating there are numerous threads on ATS where the day of my birth is the herald of the apocalypse.

top topics

join