It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mercury teeth fillings a plot to harm neurological health?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Hello

I've had several mercury based fillings put in during childhood and considering a lot of what I've read the mercury in teeth fillings actually has a moderate risk of harming our neurological health, also making people's thinking 'dumb down' and become less clear and cognizant.

I'm wondering if anyone at this forum has had their fillings removed for this reason? The main question I have is whether I will feel more stable emotionally and gain more cognizant thinking if I were to remove them - or whether the damage is permanent from small amounts of mercury in the fillings. Any opinions on this topic?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
For an authoritative answer, you need to talk to a physician or toxicologist or something, but I'll offer what I've read.

The amount of mercury in fillings is minuscule, and supposedly not enough to cause harm. However, we've all heard it before about how something is completely safe, only to find later on it's not.

There is some thinking that removing the fillings releases more mercury than just leaving them alone. I don't know if that's true or not, but it's something to ask about. Certainly they have fillings no that don't use mercury. Whether the material they use is any safer is not known. You'll have to wait for decades to find out.

Mercury poisoning can cause permanent damage, but if you've got an excess of mercury in you, then getting it out can help. There is a technique called chelation therapy, in which a chemical is given to you that binds the mercury and causes it to be passed out of the body. It can remove the metal and prevent future damage. You'd probably need to be tested or mercury poisoning beore getting the chelation therapy. Chances are, you don't have it.

In the meantime, if you're experiencing problems with emotions or thinking, you might consider seeking other causes for it. Medical conditions, diet, state of health, smoking, drinking, use of drugs, etc., can all affect our minds. Many common medications can, too - something as simpe as an antihistamine can make you groggy and cranky. It would probably be best to talk to some sort of qualified health care professional to help you with this. Do-it-yourself medical treatment is often ineffective because we're too close to the problem to see clearly.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Actually most of the mercury in the filling evaporates from the fillings within the first 6 months. Also amalgam is 50% mercury.

Try reading JADA articles, there is one on the different compositions of the amalgam. I think also it also has a lot to do with your body's ability to eliminate the toxins.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Mercury fillings are much better than those whitey fillings since they last longer. Since the fillings are already there, don't bother with it anymore. Btw. we were thinking of this chelation therapy years back when my mother was poisoned by something. The doctor's just prescribed something to cure the dizziness. Well, I checked chelation out and it was quite discomforting since it's a lot like undergoing a dialysis.

Now that I think about it, I just experienced the same thing that my mother did. It was horrible, I felt like there was an earthquake but it was my eyes going left to right involuntarily at an insane rate. My solution: close my eyes, lie down and to try not to puke my guts out. It was one of the few times that I actually prayed since I thought I was going to die that very minute. I also can actually feel my eyes going nuts on my eyelids. Oh well. I probably I just ingested something.

Btw. My fillings are starting to fall off. Maybe that's the reason.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by HighEye

I read in book a while ago (I forget which book, but it was by Dr Mary-Ann Shearer) that mercury filling can in fact give you mercury poisoning.

Apparently the way to check if you have mercury poisoning is to look at your fingernails. All, except your pinkie fingernails should have that pale half moon near the base of your nail. I only have on my thumbs.

Edit to add:
Here we go, she has something on her site about it:
www.mary-anns.com...

[edit on 2009.10/14 by the siren]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Apparently the way to check if you have mercury poisoning is to look at your fingernails. All, except your pinkie fingernails should have that pale half moon near the base of your nail. I only have on my thumbs.

Thanks Siren, could you clarify. Do you mean the pale half moon on all fingernails indicates mercury poisoning, or rather indicates no mercury poisoning? I wasn't sure if I read your post correctly.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
The "silver" fillings in your teeth - Dental Amalgams - are still widely used by the dental profession in most parts of the world. The "Amalgam" consists of a mix of metals - Generally 50% Mercury, 35% Silver, 15% Tin and other metals. But is it safe to put so much Mercury, the most toxic non-radioactive metal known to man, into the mouth of a person? There is now a growing mountain of evidence that it is NOT safe to do so. Some countries, like Sweden, Canada and Germany, have either banned or imposed serious limitations on Amalgam usage. There is now compelling evidence from reputable scientific bodies such as the World Health Organisation that, despite claims from pro-amalgam bodies such as the American and British Dental Associations (ADA/BDA), mercury is NOT "locked" safely in the metal bonds in the teeth, but can leak slowly into the body, often causing severe illnesses. These are reckoned to possibly include ME/CFS, Multiple Sclerosis, Alzheimers, and a whole range of "auto-immune" illnesses. In fact, just by damaging the immune system, Amalgam could be contributing to an even broader range of illnesses. IS DENTAL AMALGAM SAFE?
Mercury's extreme cytotoxicity and neurotoxicity
Fluoride Wide Range of Serious Health Problems
Detoxification is a normal body process of eliminating or neutralizing toxins through the colon, liver, kidneys, lungs, lymph and skin
Mercury Detoxifying Medicinal Clay Treatment: Simple Clay Bath
Good Teeth, Birth to Death by Dr. Gerard F. Judd, Ph.D.
Heavy Metal Detoxification Resource

Mercury's extreme cytotoxicity and neurotoxicity is a major factor in the neurological conditions, along with its inhibition of basic enzymatic cellular processes and effects on essential minerals and nutrients in cells. Mercury is also documented to cause imbalances in neurotransmitters related to mood disorders. A direct mechanism involving mercury's inhibition of cellular enzymatic processes by binding with the hydroxyl radical (SH) in amino acids appears to be a major part of the connection to allergic/immune reactive conditions such as autism, schizophrenia, lupus, eczema and psoriasis, scleroderma, and allergies. Immune reactivity to mercury has been documented by immune reactivity tests to be a major factor in many of the autoimmune conditions.
Dr. Whitaker on mercury: In the May issue of Health and Healing, I told you about the two most common sources of toxic mercury: seafood and dental amalgams. But there's a third source of mercury that you should know about, particularly if you are the parent or grandparent of a young child or are expecting to have a child: vaccines.

Until recently, a form of mercury called thimerosal was used as a preservative in many of the vaccines given to infants and young children, including vaccines for hepatitis B, influenza, diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, and Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib). Congressman Dan Burton (R-Indiana), who spoke before the House Committee on Government Reform's hearing on mercury and medicine last year, knows just what this poison can do to the delicate brain and nervous system of a young child: his once-healthy grandson, who was given vaccines for nine different diseases in one day, now suffers from autism. In Burton's estimation, his grandson may have received, in the space of a few hours, 41 times the amount of mercury at which harm can be caused. Unfortunately, his grandson's experience is not unique. U.S. Government Concedes That Mercury Causes Autism

Human destiny is on a collision course with mercury. Tomorrow we will all wake up to a world with about twenty tons more mercury in the environment, another ton will be put into people's mouths by dentists, and tens of thousands of little children will receive vaccinations laced with toxic mercury molecules, in the form of ethyl-mercury, super-charged with aluminum. In a world rapidly approaching some saturation point with mercury these twenty tons are significant. The longer medical and governmental authorities deny the full mercury story the higher the tide will rise as concentrations increase on land, sea and air. Mercury is a reality that has to be taken into account by doctors and everyone else. Though mercury is accompanied by tens of thousands of other chemicals in the environment none are as toxic nor as prevalent. We are destroying our children and our future with an invisible enemy as surely as if we have fought and lost a nuclear war.

Mercury Destroys Brain Cells
As I mentioned in the newsletter, mercury is a neurotoxin that is especially damaging to the developing brain and nervous system. A growing number of researchers believe that the soaring rates of neurological and developmental disorders in our children can be linked to a corresponding increase in the number of government-mandated vaccines.

The number of compulsory vaccines has increased from 10 to 36 in the past quarter-century, and over that time period, there has been a simultaneous increase in the number of children suffering from disabilities that prevent them from reaching their full potential. The incidence of learning disabilities and attention deficit disorder has doubled in the past 25 years, while autism has increased by an incredible 200 to 500 percent in every state in the U.S. in just the last decade. more on the danger of vaccines

Mercury - What is its role in Autism and Alzheimer's Disease? Dr. Boyd Haley, Ph.D., a biochemist at the University of Kentucky, is probably one of the world's top experts on mercury toxicity. Hear this fascinating review of the irrefutable evidence that links mercury toxicity to Autism and Alzheimer's disease. The video is from a presentation in March of 2003. The slides are courtesy of Dr. Haley. (1 hour 27 seconds video (only palys on IE )

How mercury causes brain neuron degeneration - Video from the University of Calgary dept of physiology and biophysics faculty medicine.

Autism Mercury Vaccines Poisoning Connection

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dental Health Library Article
Amalgam Filling Dangers: History - Anatomy

Video: Amalgam Removal and Replacement
Video: Composite Bonding Shrinkage Problems

The Chemistry of Amalgam Fillings

Click picture to watch removal
The World Heath Organization has concluded that dental fillings contribute more mercury to a person’s body than all other sources of mercury combined. Many people do not realize that their dark, “silver” amalgam fillings are 50% mercury.

A large filling may contain as much mercury as a thermometer. Mercury vaporizes easily at room temperature and in this state, is odorless, colorless and tasteless. Inhaled mercury vapor is readily absorbed into the bloodstream. No amount of mercury vapor can be considered harmless, especially considering its cumulative effect.

Known Mercury Toxicity Issues
Published research demonstrates that mercury is more toxic than lead, cadmium or arsenic. Due to its poisonous nature, mercury can adversely affect the immune, urinary, cardiac, respiratory and digestive systems.

Under laboratory conditions, mercury has produced brain cell deterioration identical to that seen in victims of Alzheimer’s Disease.

Mercury poisoning has been implicated in immune system depression, multiple sclerosis, depression and chronic fatigue syndrome and autism.

Europe versus United States Governmental Philosophy
Many European countries have banned or curtailed the use of mercury in dental fillings, but our country lags behind in this decision. Although most medical and scientific researchers have called for a ban on the use of mercury in all products, agreeing that it is the most toxic, non-radioactive element on the earth, the U.S. government has continued to ignore the potential harmful effects of mercury fillings.

Holistic Dentistry Issues
Biological or holistic dentists recognize the impact of toxic materials and relate it to dental and physiologic health. A holistic dentist is concerned with the integrity of the oral cavity and will typically use materials and procedures in his/her practice that are systemically compatible.

Patients should keep in mind that amalgam is a material that is over 150 years old and there are many modern alternatives that can be considered.

Precautions for Safe Effective Healthful Amalgam Removal
To prevent additional mercury exposure, biologic and holistic dentists are properly trained in the removal of mercury fillings.

Patients should inquire about the following amalgam removal protocols to be certain that the dentist they choose is following the recommended protocols for amalgam removal such as:
Utilizing an effective oral suction system to contain amalgam particles and limit mercury vapors
A rubber dam should isolate and prevent swallowing debris
Operating a vacuum system at optimal efficiency
Applying copious amounts of water to the filling during removal
Removing large portions of the amalgam to minimize particulate and mercury vapor release
Providing a safe source of oxygen for the patient to breath during removal
Having the patient’s hair, face and clothing covered during removal

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry about he mercury in your fillings - I would worry more about Bush's changing the standard for mercury levels that are allowed in our food and fish. Bush raised the allowable levels in our food now making it easier for more kids to get mercury poisoning! That is where the real danger is. You can always request gold or porcelain fillings.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Unregistered

An inner ear infection can have this effect too. I have had this and you don' feel any pain as there are no nerve endings in the inner ear (unlike out ear where you get ear aches). All I had to take was some travel sickness tablets for the sickness. Luckily it didnt last too long, but it can also be a more serious symptom if it occurs when you are not moving your head.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Amalgam fillings are not safe, and have been linked to various medical ailments.

Published research demonstrates that mercury is more toxic than lead, cadmium or arsenic. Due to its poisonous nature, mercury can adversely affect the immune, urinary, cardiac, respiratory and digestive systems.

Many European countries have banned or curtailed the use of mercury in dental fillings, but our country lags behind in this decision. Although most medical and scientific researchers have called for a ban on the use of mercury in all products, agreeing that it is the most toxic, non-radioactive element on the earth, the U.S. government has continued to ignore the potential harmful effects of mercury fillings.

source

Mercury is bad for your health whether it is found in food, vaccines, or your teeth.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
So is there any point to getting fillings removed, or is the damage already done?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by HighEye
So is there any point to getting fillings removed, or is the damage already done?

It looks like they need to be removed a in a specific way:

www.iaomt.org...

(If you're looking into getting them removed make sure your dentist follows the protocols in the above link, which has you click on a PDF document.)

Once removed it'll be better for your health overall. I have some amalgam fillings still, I'll be removing them in stages.

More info:
www.flcv.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
brush your teeth with MMS and Citric Acid.... suddenly you are well...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by HighEye

Thanks Siren, could you clarify. Do you mean the pale half moon on all fingernails indicates mercury poisoning, or rather indicates no mercury poisoning? I wasn't sure if I read your post correctly.

Can you see the half-moons on your fingernails? Your fingernails, I guess, are the windows of your body. If they are not visible it is commonly a sign on mercury poisoning. There is never a half-moon on your pinkie finger though.

source: www.gather.com...

You don't necessarily have to get the fillings removed, instead you can just drink more orange juice because apparently vitamin c detoxifies mercury in your system.

new topics

top topics

join