It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats call for use of emergency oil

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
well, to add to what CSRules has said: Let's say they pulled some oil out of the reserves. If we can't refine it, how much good would that actually do then? Would it be even worth it???

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
This is nothing but a 'knee-jerk' reaction from the Democrats and frankly, one that many of us are accustomed to seeing!

Want to put the fear of Allah into OPEC?
Tap ANWR, and watch them scurry.

seekerof

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Textwell, to add to what CSRules has said: Let's say they pulled some oil out of the reserves. If we can't refine it, how much good would that actually do then? Would it be even worth it???
[/quote\]

Wait a moment we do refine oil in this country, correct me if I am wrong, I has always believe that the oil gets here from other countries then is refine in US and then send back to their countries of origin to be sale back to us again. Were I am from in PR we have a big oil refinery and during the 70,s I remember my parents making a big deal that it was sold to an Arab company and my father used to say that they were taking over the world.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The problem is still rising demand on a world wide basis. The only way to stabilize oil prices is for OPEC to increase output.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
You have a point in solving the 'current' situation CS, but in truth and again, the US can tap ANWR (ANWAR) which it has been estimated that over a million and a half barrels of oil a day can be pumped out of.
ANWR Oil Reserves Greater Than Any State

"The Coastal Plain of ANWR's 1002 area is the nation's single greatest onshore oil reserve. The USGS estimates that it contains a mean expected value of 10.4 billion barrels of technically recoverable oil. To put that into context, the potential daily production from ANWR's 1002 area is larger than the current daily onshore oil production of any of the lower 48 states."

"ANWR could produce nearly 1.4 million barrels of oil, while Texas produces just more than one million barrels a day, California just less than one million barrels a day and Louisiana produces slightly more than 200,000 barrels a day."

Also:
ANWR

The US currently gets most of its oil imports from Canada and Latin America. Tap Anwar, and OPEC can possibly fall out of the picture for the US?

seekerof

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join