It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo : Need Help

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I took this photo lying on the beach in Cyprus a few years ago, and just found it again! Unfortunately the camera I was using only had a 3x zoom im sure, can anyone zoom incloser and see if it can be blown up without wasting the pixels?

I can remember taking it because it didn't look like any other plane that I saw in all my visits to the same place over many years! The object was really quite high in the sky at the time!

Thanks

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I recently went to Cyprus myself (loved it!), and all day long we saw people paragliding, sometimes quite far out at sea. Could it have been a paraglider you photographed..?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6c0ae947f96e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Not unless they were crapping themselves 10,000 feet in the air after being let go by the boat

I was lying down and looking straight up into the sky!

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Not sure, but it does seem like a balloon, but i do know that Cyprus does not use weather balloons at all. Then again this could be a plane or a helicopter.

date/time/location (Beach)

edit: Seagull

[edit on 14-10-2009 by tristar]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Is that the full resolution photo?

[edit on 14-10-2009 by Spinotoror]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Date is on photo, time was afternoon!

Unfortunately it is the full resolution, I had changed it so i could take as many family photos as possible!

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Well, here are 'zoomed' pics. I will try to play with contrast and colours. It is hard, cause they're small and the first one is blurred

The second objects looks to me like a bulb.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by Spinotoror]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Were there many seagulls at this beach?

It's at least the right colour for one...

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by roblin

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a9c7fcdc0d1b.png[/atsimg]

The original you offered is rather poor quality with a lot of localized distortion in the pixels immediately proximate to the target area.

I reprocessed as a bmp, enlarged, cropped, enhanced contrast, exaggerated color saturation and then cropped again for a convex blow before wrapping it as a png image package.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

yo, 'Tide - are you saying it looks cut and pasted without saying it? Sorta looks like to me...

...unless that's Saban's new supersonic state of the art air/land/ sea transport prototype out for a test run...probably didn't dent his operating account, even....

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Reminds me of the cow supposedly being abducted by a ufo.

[edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Also note the unusually brown colored cloud-like mass of similar size high above the object.

It's an unusual photo in alot of ways. Definitely an object: I tend to go with ultralite plane though, if I ignore the strange brown cloud.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing

According to EXIF data, the original image size (as it was taken) is Image Size 2,576 × 1,932 ats a Resolution of 230 pixels/inch: the one that you are sharing is 800 x 600: basically, it's a 3,2 times smaller version of the one that was caught on camera, maybe the result of some batch resizing, since EXIF data don't seem to have been altered, IMO.

Camera: Kodak Z7590
Lens: 63 mm
(Max aperture f/3.7)
Exposure: Auto exposure, Program AE, 1/630 sec, f/5, ISO 80
Flash: Off, Did not fire
Focus: Unknown (3)
Date: October 12, 2006 1:55:26PM (timezone not specified)
(3 years, 1 day, 18 hours, 43 minutes, 10 seconds ago, assuming an image timezone of US Pacific)

Aperture Value 4.9
Color Space sRGB
Components Configuration Y, Cb, Cr, -
Compression JPEG (old-style)
Contrast Normal
Create Date 2006:10:12 13:55:26
3 years, 1 day, 18 hours, 43 minutes, 10 seconds ago
Custom Rendered Normal
Date/Time Original 2006:10:12 13:55:26
3 years, 1 day, 18 hours, 43 minutes, 10 seconds ago
Digital Zoom Ratio 0
Exif Image Size 2,576 × 1,932
Exif Version 0221
Exposure Compensation 0
Exposure Index 80
Exposure Mode Auto
Exposure Program Program AE
Exposure Time 1/640
F Number 5.0
File Source Digital Camera
Flash Off, Did not fire
Flashpix Version 0100
Focal Length 63.0 mm
Focal Length In 35mm Format 380 mm
Gain Control None
ISO 80
Interoperability Index R98 - DCF basic file (sRGB)
Interoperability Version 0100
Light Source Daylight
Make EASTMAN KODAK COMPANY
Max Aperture Value 3.7
Metering Mode Multi-segment
Camera Model Name KODAK Z7590 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA
Orientation Horizontal (normal)
Resolution 230 pixels/inch
Saturation Normal
Scene Capture Type Landscape
Scene Type Directly photographed
Sensing Method One-chip color area
Sharpness Hard
Shutter Speed Value 1/630
Subject Distance Range Unknown
Thumbnail Length 1,051
White Balance Manual
X Resolution 72
Y Cb Cr Positioning Centered
Y Resolution 72

Basically, the size of the object in the original image, would be this one,

but with all the original details unaltered: so, it would be very helpful to find it, are there any chances that you can retrieve the hi-res version of the picture?
Also more shots taken right before and after this one could be useful.
As is, the image in the OP is definately inconclusive, in my humble opinion: all we can do is just to guess.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Trip out! I took this shot in my backyard last July.Zoom in and check out
the distortion in the pixels. The original was complete with rooftops for reference. This is the crop my wife did to send it to her friend e=mail.
If the original was in my computer at one time then it still is right?
I can not for the life of me find the original anywhere.Almost like something sucked it right out of my puda. Any ideas? Tried the searches.

[img-200][atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f5ed604b5573.jpg[/atsimg][-200/img]

This is what I see in your photo

[img-512X384][atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f5e29874d61f.jpg[/img]

[edit on 14-10-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I tried enhancing the image as best I could. However,...there's not much I can make of it. It's too blurry to make out any distinct shape. But maybe someone else can.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/051348b92d24.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
Not sure, but it does seem like a balloon, but i do know that Cyprus does not use weather balloons at all. Then again this could be a plane or a helicopter.

Isn't the stock answer for anything here that's it's either a weather balloon or a rock formation? But since we've already ruled out weather balloon it has to be a rock formation.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
This is an interesting picture. This is definitely a made object (although i will not conclude it's origin). There is no way it is biological (the image is clear enough to rule that out). It's far to symmetrical to be a piece of rubbish flying through the air. Weather balloon has been ruled out. It's not an airplane.

Is there any way you can tell me which direction you where facing when you took the image? I know I can get weather information for the date and time to give us an idea what way the wind was blowing. Might shed some light on the situation. Also was it rising or falling? Was it going across the sky?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
For above.

I was on Fig tree Bay beach in Protarus. I was looking out to facing out to see lying down, and the object went over my area from my left to my right heading towards Ayia Napa!

[edit on 14-10-2009 by roblin]

[edit on 14-10-2009 by roblin]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
If the OP does not remember taking it it was probably nothing special.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
If the OP does not remember taking it it was probably nothing special.

Unless I am misreading, the OP specifically says they CAN remember taking it.....

I can remember taking it because it didn't look like any other plane that I saw in all my visits to the same place over many years!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join