It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 1st Earth Battalion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
After hearing about the Movie- the men who stare at goats. i decided to check out the documentary made by Jon Ronson. It is a fascinating look America's more "alternative" approaches to their military.

Inparticular the 1st Earth Battalion, which is still in operation today. If you have time you should check out the video's. Some crazy shiz going down

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I don't quite know how credible this vid is, because my experience has showed me that if there seriously would be any truth to this, and noone were supposed to find out the vid would immediately get deleted from youtube, but maybe I'm wrong...
I hope someone has more infos on this

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pakd-on-mystery
I don't quite know how credible this vid is, because my experience has showed me that if there seriously would be any truth to this, and noone were supposed to find out the vid would immediately get deleted from youtube, but maybe I'm wrong...
I hope someone has more infos on this

The documentary was first shown in the uk in about 2006/7 I cant remember. Its by Jon Ronson, same guy that did a documentary with Alex Jones at Bohemian Grove

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I read the book when it first came out 4 or 5 years ago, it's a must read in my opinion. I don't have high hopes for the film.

I met Ronson once in the early 90s through some radio stuff; a really nice bloke.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

exactly my point. If there were any truth to this, and the millitary did not want people to know about it, this docu would have already been banned the year it came out.
PLUS: Alot of people here say that the media can not be trusted with the stories they tell us.
....How do you know that these people can be believed with what they are claiming?

CX

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I think there are a lot of things the military do that are so farfetched to the public, that they don't bother keeping them as secret as you'd imagine, because no-one will believe it anyway.

CX.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I though the whole point of the 1st earth battalion was not that it was an actual active group of soldiers.
In the book it talks about the idea of an actual force called the first E.B not being set up rather , the ethos and ideas from it to filter through to other regiments.
A lot of the riot control techniques we see at the various "meeting of minds" between government and business have the hallmarks of E.B.1

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scotlandshope
I though the whole point of the 1st earth battalion was not that it was an actual active group of soldiers.
In the book it talks about the idea of an actual force called the first E.B not being set up rather , the ethos and ideas from it to filter through to other regiments.
A lot of the riot control techniques we see at the various "meeting of minds" between government and business have the hallmarks of E.B.1

I agree, the video's go on to show how the techniques have also been used in the sinister goings on at Abu Ghraib prison.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
The general's spoon bending idea was nothing compared to what was already in place. I once thought I was only an abductee that was being trained as a warrior.

But I also remember giving briefings to my squad while in a military dormitory. Our training included levitation, invisibility, mass telepathy, walking through walls, teleportation, flying mind controlled black triangle craft....if the general populace had any idea of what is really going on religion would collapse immediately and the government would be overthrown. But at the same time humanity would start to wake up.

Rich

[edit on 14-10-2009 by Oouthere]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Hahaha that reminds me about Abu Ghrabi (sp) , heard something from a friend who was serving out there.
Half the guys thought it was haunted because of all the weird noises they heard at night , the beginning of an urban myth to be sure!
I'm sure that was in the book or something along those lines but it was so funny to hear it first hand.

new topics

top topics

join