It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are "enlightened beings" just another form of

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Now this thought came to me when watching a post about quantum physics. How as much as you want to break down a "physical" object in this reality. It can not be done. the smaller you get down to it, the pattern will repeat etc. As well NOTHING IS PHYSICAL...its an illusion because once again when you get down to the smaller parts and try to find the smallest "physical" part...it is not there...it keeps going.
We are on quantum physics, and we barley broke into it. But it amazes me that all these scientists who are revolving around;
Astral Physicist, Quantum Physicist, Quantum Analysts, etc. etc. etc.
ARE NOW BARLEY PROVING...what these great masters, monks, yogi's, and spiritual leaders have been saying for THOUSANDS OF YEARS. Now almost all the professions above (the title of drs. etc.) are ranked some of, if not the SMARTEST people in the world.
If thats so...what would it make these masters, yogis, monks etc.?
Would they not be in the exact category as them? As well would they be titled "SMARTER" because they didnt go to a formal school, the knowledge just CAME to them.

As well...if these things before were viewed bust most as "crazy, stupid, cant be true"...
how is that they KNEW...without using science...and now science as well as the rest of the world is BARLEY CATCHING ON?

I know that a lot of people say negative things about spirituality, and gods, and life after death etc. But doesn't this make u just WONDER?? how did they know it??
how did these people Buddha, Christ etc. KNOW...thousands upon thousands of years ago KNOW, what we are BARLEY diving into?
Does this not amaze u all?

[edit on 14/10/2009 by kaskade]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaskade
But doesn't this make u just WONDER?? how did they know it??
how did these people Buddha, Christ etc. KNOW...thousands upon thousands of years ago KNOW, what we are BARLEY diving into?
Does this not amaze u all?

[edit on 14/10/2009 by kaskade]

Doesn't amaze me much. They all just knew themselves. Know yourself and you'll know the universe and it's gods - it was the old slogan of alchemists, mystics and esoterist. I think that the slogan was carved upon the entrance of Delfoi temple in ancient Greek.

It is amazing how much there is empty space between 'atoms' or other objects we regard as smallest pieces of matter. Within those objects themselves, there is emptyness. Or this at least is what has been said in quantum physics. I tend to think it is so, because there is this great void within my mind also. As above, so below, said the wise man.

But in the end, you yourself are the only measurement of reality. Better to trust your own senses than somebody else's words.

-v

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

Some good info there friend. Also isn't weird that in reality you never actually touch anything and the atoms that make everything up don't just pass by each other, like for instance when you touch your hands together they don't just go through one another because atoms are basically floating around. Did that make sense, i don't know quite how to explain what I'm getting at.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus
reply to post by kaskade

Some good info there friend. Also isn't weird that in reality you never actually touch anything and the atoms that make everything up don't just pass by each other, like for instance when you touch your hands together they don't just go through one another because atoms are basically floating around. Did that make sense, i don't know quite how to explain what I'm getting at.

haha yea i know EXACTLY what you mean. I was listening to some buddhist monk, He basically said we never truelly FEEL ANYTHING for ourselves. Its something else feeling US. I was confused and he started to say, if WE FELT ANYTHING ourselves...then why when we think in our mind COLD...we dont "SUMMON IT UP"...or we cant feel that feeling THEN? when WE want it to? because we NEVER feel anything

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

Now i don't know how but that actually makes some sense...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaskade
haha yea i know EXACTLY what you mean. I was listening to some buddhist monk, He basically said we never truelly FEEL ANYTHING for ourselves. Its something else feeling US. I was confused and he started to say, if WE FELT ANYTHING ourselves...then why when we think in our mind COLD...we dont "SUMMON IT UP"...or we cant feel that feeling THEN? when WE want it to? because we NEVER feel anything

I suppose that depends on your visualization powers and your intent.

But, I see the necessity to not "SUMMON IT UP" so easily. It keeps the world feeling like reality. It keeps the mind distracted. If simply thinking something immediately made it present to consciouness in full detail and sensation, what appears as reality and the mind would not appear differentiated. The involvement wouldn't be convincing.

I'm not sure I follow this monk's logic or that I agree with it, assuming your conveyance of what he said is accurate. Also, "us", "ourselves" and "feel" are too ill-defined for any real logical inferrence.

new topics

top topics

join