It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Race in America and how neither party has any intention on helping the minority.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Let me start by saying that I am a White Man as much as I hate that term who has for the most part voted republican. Now with that being said I would like to talk about how and why racisim will never end in this country unless we make some drastic changes. What do you think it will take to end this plague on society and who do you feel is at fault. I will say this, Neither Democrat or Republican are helping the issue and racisim is getting worse and both are to blame.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I will say that race in america will never end because is good for politics? public opinion in this country has become the first think on this political candidates agenda. I has been all around this country because my husband was a marine never was mistreated for been hispanic but when we came to the south, lord had mercy I was amazed about how people in the south is so racist not against me but against each other.
I feel that racist issues will never die because it is not allow to die by politicians they do not let them rest.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I don't think that either political parties should have anything to do with racism; social reforms should govern that aspect of life, and I believe that no political parties in a government should influnce the sociality of a democratic country, except in extreme circumstances (i.e- early 20th century). The situation now is not very dire and so should have no place in either political party (by my postulates, of course). For those who wish to know, I don't really know what you would consider me racially; 1/4 French, 1/4 English, 1/4 Irish, 1/4 Japanese. But, I don't think that is important. It is sad that many on this forum would have ended up asking me that in this racially fueled topic, but I posted that to prevent those questions. None the less, that would probably, if it happened, be an unconcious example of racial segregation/stereotyping here.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
WHEN YOU READ HISTORY, READ HISTORY THROUGH EYES OF THE OLD WORLD FIRST AND THEN THROUGH THE USA VERSIONS YOU WILL BE SURPRISE

We will go here later but that is a big part of the problem and must be part of the solution. Good Post thanks.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Yeah, I agree that politicians use the race card and thrive on dividing and conquering us, as well as some individuals that claim to be the great hope for their race but actually make a pretty darned good living instigating and agitating. I would say that the ultimate blame, though, is on us. Whoever we are that go out of our way to antagonize one another, it is us that allows stupidity to continue.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I think that people have a fear of the unknown, the unfamilar, they are insecure. Maybe it's in our genes when we were cave men, to be scared of the other tribe. Where did it all begin? When did the first white man meet the first black man? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the ancient cities around the fertile crescent, had mixed races. As opposed to the Europeans, who did not have such broad exposure. Then again, the English considered the Irish to be a subspecies, as well as the Japanese to other Asians, and they are the same race. So it must be a fear of the different, of being scared. You will hear a lot that 'white people will be a minority in America'. Who cares? The Constitution will be the same, the Bill of Rights won't change. The colors on the flag will be the same. America is a beautiful ideal, and won't change no matter who is the 'majority'. But people are scared. Scared that someone will take what they have. If it isn't race, it's religion, or political parties, or whatever. Some day, we will just be one color, because of so much intermixing. I have no doubt we will find something else to be scared of.

EDIT: Great start so far, intelligent responses. How much longer before it turns ugly? I say, five posts.

[Edited on 17-5-2004 by curme]

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   

TextEDIT: Great start so far, intelligent responses. How much longer before it turns ugly? I say, five posts.

Then will meet the true agitators keep taps on it. And the start is good because we are intelligent people.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Im against supporting unemployed drug addicts(welfare). Why waste our tax money on those who ruin their own lives?

When someone can't afford to feed their kids and are out buying drugs something is wrong, adoption is an option.

I have nothing against races, ive met good and bad people of all sorts of races and know better than to judge someone by the color of their skin, though I am sympathitic to those "stuck" in the projects because there seems to be so little progress being made, the kids there see crack dealers pulling in 10K a week when someone working hard for minimun wage will make that in a year, the choice is easy to them. Their community needs to be build up by church, brother and sister fellowships or something.

I am a mixed white(1/8th Jewish 3/8ths Polish(dad); 1/8th Native 3/8ths southern redneck(mom)) and I have been blessed with a great life so I dont know what its like to live in poverty.

Ideally the whole idea of race would dissapear and each and every human given an equal chance to suceed.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
EDIT: Irrelevant post.

[Edited on 17-5-2004 by curme]

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   

TextIdeally the whole idea of race would dissapear and each and every human given an equal chance to suceed.

Yes this is true but not everybody have that chance eviromental issues are involve. I am hispanic my husband is irish I have to children one is dark like me (I am puertorrican) my daughter is more like her father and when I moved to the south I could not believe how my son was treated compare to my daughter I am a fighter and I gave the board of education in this town we are living in hell. I was the first latina to do that. The color of the skin in this small southern town had to do with how you will be treated the only reason my children are going to be sucessful is because my husband and I have the finacial means to make this happend others are not so lucky. My point is if you color of the skin is and always be and issue in this country and that is very unfair and sad
In big cities is not so bad but in this small town it is a big deal.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
My mom, who is half azn, I think had a difficult time growing up in Mississippi. Much of her father's side of the family (white) was cruel to her due to her ethnicity. However, I can't verify that it was really difficult because when I try to bring it up, she dodges it. She never saw Japanese relatives in person (except her mother) because they all live/lived in Japan except for her mother's sister, whom I believe she never saw. Again, I am not sure on that either.
When I go to Mississippi, I am amazed at some of the racism there. Even my aunts, who are mixed white-Japanese (1/2-1/2) are racist against blacks in their comments. I.E- Sometimes they will say that even "the black folk don't go to that mall". And, when I finally do make my way to that mall, many white people are there. My Jap[anese grandmother will say something like : "A week ago, a good Japanese man was shot by a BLACK man on that road.", as if she really holds it against the guy for being black. There is still a lot of racism, but thank God (in whom I don't believe) that it is not like it used to be and usually remains only in comments or stereotypes for the masses of people, not actions.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Start a third party and get off the reservation, really!
Do that and see how fast either current party scambles to be the first to help you on issues that are important to you. Right now at least one of the existing parties takes your vote for granted while giving lip service.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Just a example of how racisim works think about the whole Jessica Lynch thing, did you also know that there was a young black woman in that group also. Why do you suppose that she did not get a book deal or new car,why is ther still no coverage of her or the other soilders that were captured?

new topics

top topics

join