It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barak Obama's top-10 unfulfilled pledges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
The link for the article:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

An excerpt:

PolitiFact, a political accountability project run by Florida's St Petersburg Times, has formulated an "Obamameter" gauge that registers seven broken promises, a dozen stalled initiatives and 117 pet projects still "in the works".

The url for Politifact:

www.politifact.org...

My comment:

Now this is what David Letterman would just love to do, yes? But the poor guy is now too busy cleaning up his own life that has been rocked by his very own office sex scandal, which is a really intriguing irony, since mocking politicians and celebrities who were involved in sex scandals was a staple of Letterman's late-night pokes at the sex scandal shenanigans, but I digress.

Anyway, Obama has a LONG way to go to honor his promises. And the wide divergence from the promises made by puppet politicians in elections from the actual results post-election has always been huge, which goes to show that puppet politicians say what people want to hear in order to get elected, but, then, after getting elected, the puppet politicians MUST follow the dictates of the puppet masters, who pull their strings and who control the purse strings of political power.

The American political system is a joke, a sham, a dog-and-pony show, a Political Plato's Cave, in which the gullible voters go to pull the levers (literal and metaphorical, mind you) of the voting machines -- not unlike the pulling of the levers of gambling slot machines that favored the house over the gamblers -- expecting a favorable (to the voter) outcome, but ALWAYS being on the losing side with the outcomes favoring the puppet masters who run the deceitful Plato's Political Cave.

It needs a major overhaul, from top to bottom; bottom to top.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Haven't you all realised yet? That any , sorry ALL politicians will SAY ANYTHING, PROMISE ANYTHING, DECLARE ANYTHING to get themselves in office. They could promise each and every person on the planet £1,000,000 once they get in , then reneg on their promise as the economic downturn means there isn't enough money for everyone else to get their 'bonus' and the people will simply lap it up because its covered in candy and sparkles.
Then when they have their foot in the door or in most cases their snouts in the trough they will only do what's BEST FOR THEM, and them only.
The public that supposedly voted them into these positions will be forgotten and sidelined.
We need a complete revamp of all political houses in the world to something that works for the majority of the worlds people, not just for a few rich parasites that put THEIR pawns into play.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
9 months in eh? Wow! You had higher expectations for him than I did, and I voted for Obama.

What is he supposed to do? Complete all of his campaign promises in the first 100 days?

How much power do you think the President has? If you think he can just wave a magic wand and do everything on his list I have a bridge to sell you.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
9 months in eh? Wow! You had higher expectations for him than I did, and I voted for Obama.

What is he supposed to do? Complete all of his campaign promises in the first 100 days?

How much power do you think the President has? If you think he can just wave a magic wand and do everything on his list I have a bridge to sell you.

Well....he promised to reinstate Habeus Corpus - that would have taken him about five minutes - doesn't require much time - just tell congress its unconstitutional as the supreme court has done already - and then reinstate it with a presidential decree or executive order. But he has not done this nor will he do it because no one in that office has ever given up anything that expands presidential power and further controls the population...that's how they operate in D.C. and Obama is no different. Better get used to it...

Oh and if you really think Obama is any different I have a bridge to sell you as well

new topics

top topics

join