It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the world is going to end...why change anything?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Are religionists actually promoting the destruction of the planet?

What do you think of the points brought up by Maher?

Do you think this is representative of the majority of religious trained people?

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 13-10-2009 by Alethea]

[edit on 14-10-2009 by Alethea]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
This may be just me here, but i think there is already a thread discussing this very issue here www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

I believe every religous person in the world are part of one massive secret society. Their one true purpose is to destroy the world and our one true hope is for them to be exterminated.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Well fact is there must be a one world government first, in which you can neither buy nor sell without giving homage. Till that day comes, everyone who claims otherwise is a hack.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

What do I think? I think someone from some religion probaby hurt your feelings or disagrees with your beliefs. That is what I think.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Hey you better watch out the invisible man will kill you for not worshiping him.

The whole bible doesn't make any sense at all. He loves us all and but he sends people to hell for internity for notobeying hise rules, he killed over 10 million people, sounds like he needs to be in this hell place he made up.

This God guy sounds like he needs therapy.

Thier i no doubt thier will be a New World Order its Obama's mission by the time he leaves office.

I do believe in the revalation who ever wrote it knew the future whether it was an alien or god or just a proghet.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by slipknotrules2009]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Well I can't see your video, it says it was disabled by request.

But anyway are perhaps indicating the book of Revelations and those people who take it literally? And perhaps want to initiate Revelations?

In that case yes, they are expecting the world to be destroyed and built anew. But of course very few people take Revelation literally or want it to come to pass.

Keep in mind though there are people who hate the world and want to destroy it who have no religion either.

I don't wish the world destroyed. I wish those who are driving the world to these awful places to someday see the error in their ways and repent. The problem with attacking Religion is people often generalize it and stereotype them. It can be compared to stereotypes in race, or the sexes.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
It has been suggested that there are some people in high authority who are 'allegedly' intentionally steering the world in an apocalyptic direction in an effort to try to 'force' an atmosphere conducent to Christ's return. Who knows if that's true or not, but as crazy as people are, I could see it.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by gazerstar
It has been suggested that there are some people in high authority who are 'allegedly' intentionally steering the world in an apocalyptic direction in an effort to try to 'force' an atmosphere conducent to Christ's return. Who knows if that's true or not, but as crazy as people are, I could see it.

Interesting answer.
If this were true, what would be their intentions for doing this?

Would they possible set up their own "Kingdom" and claim to be channeling Jesus?

Any ideas for the motivation?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Nice edit job on the video. Many of the scenes shown in the video have little or nothing to do with religion.

He has a right to his opinion, but we have a right to disagree with that opinion. He should refrain from the name calling it just takes away from the message. Much like the many people/atheists on this site who just start calling people idiots for having faith.

Having faith does not encourage bad behavior because the end is near. On the contrary, those of faith believe they will be judged in the end so it makes no sense for them to not care.

just another of many trying to blame religion for the worlds problems. As if we would all live in Utopia without religion. As man would then be the perfect being. Removing religion would remove hate and anger and greed and all bad things? Why.... it would be like heaven wouldn't it?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
people can believe anything they want as long as they don't try to drag me in with them. but when people knock on my door with a bible, telling me the end is near, then we have a problem. just like the other day.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
First of all, religion won't die until humanity is extinct. Religion is hardwired into our brains. Removing religion would require a lobotomy.

Second, the vast majority of religious people are peaceful, wholly non-violent, and don't believe in any Armageddon. Such apocalyptic thinking is limited to a small minority of religious people. Granted, some of these minorities have disproportionate political power, but they *are* a minority. If their voice is heard above others, whose fault is that? The moderates, agnostics, and atheists who don't speak up.

I wholeheartedly agree that religious extremists are willing - even eager - to die in an Armageddon, and take the rest of the world with them. If they were to have their way - or get their hands on nukes - they'd set them off without regrets, without hesitation. This mentality is insanely dangerous.

But it's extremists, not religion. Non-religious extremists also are dangerous. Check out Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, various other insane dictators who slaughtered millions for the sake of Der Vaterland, The People, or whatever.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Priests got to eat too.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Since I am a christian, I'll write from that perspective.

He makes some good and valid points, but in my opinion, he missed it. It's not religion that is the problem, but those "leaders" (religious and secular) that use religion for their own purposes. And since people universally have a sickening tendency to follow those "leaders" that sound like they are so positive about what they are talking about, then those leaders get followers. Lots and lots of followers. It's all a scam more dangerous than anything cooked up on Wall St in their wildest dreams, and the only way for those that call themselves Christians to see it is to leave it.

And then, their followers sound so positive about what they say, because their most favorite leaders told them so..

We are in apostasy, which means a "falling away".

Churchianity already worships their dreaded antichrist. "Anti" means a substitute for or in place of.
They preach another christ. Sorry, but Christ never said to murder those that aren't a threat, or to torture them. I still can't figure out how many of Christs' teachings they have to totally ignore before they no longer can call themselves christians. I could write a book on this.

But the vast majority of "christians" are looking and waiting for some kind of uber-dictator with supernatural powers. The antichrist is already here and they can't see it.

These "christians" know about this "great apostasy" but they can't see it, because they are right in the middle of it and living it.

So in my opinion, that is why they do what they do.

What's the answer? I'll just say that it will get fixed, and they won't like it at all, but you will. How do I know this? That is where faith comes in.
You will never fix it yourselves. You just have to try and stay away from them. Far far away. Change what you can and leave the rest alone. It's better for the blood pressure.

[edit on 14/10/09 by PSUSA]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
this is why we will never do anything about climate change and other man made disasters . if religious believers are so sure of the end times, what's the point.

Religion dominates our lives and if your not religious, well you just have to stick it, put up with it, don't upset the religious folk, oh no we cant have that. But to those of us who are not religious, we need to make OUR voices heard. i dont want my future being decided by people who believe in an End of Days prophecy.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by PSUSA
What's the answer? I'll just say that it will get fixed, and they won't like it at all, but you will. How do I know this? That is where faith comes in.

Thank you for a sincere and insightful response.
I am in agreement with a lot of things you have said.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Thanks. And if you disagree on anything, we can discuss it. I am much harder on "christians" than I am on those that aren't. Not that I will necessarily have the answer though

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
It's an undisputable fact that atheism caused more deaths in the last hundred years than the last two thousand years of the other religions put together.

Nice one atheists

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by speakplain
It's an undisputable fact that atheism caused more deaths in the last hundred years than the last two thousand years of the other religions put together.

Nice one atheists

AMEN!

Damned atheists doing crazy things like burning people accused of heresy. Torturing them for following a different religion. Hell! They even go to wars because their president said he was on a mission from....er.........huh?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
Are religionists actually promoting the destruction of the planet?

I do not want to see the destruction of our planet and many Christians I know feel the same way. I do know a few and have heard of a few who are frustrated with the world and want to get to the endpoint resolution, not because they hate mankind, but are hoping there will be no more struggle for non-believers to witness and know there is good and evil and decision-time is immanent (as far as I understand it, let me know if I don't see it properly). I do not wish for a 2-minute warning, but hope instead that we make the decision without temporal pressure.

What do you think of the points brought up by Maher?

This statement by Mr. Maher is opinion, not fact: "The plain fact is that religion must die for mankind to live." It's also anti-Biblical. Also, Christianity does not "read the entrails of a chicken." Divination is a pagan practice. "Faith is making a virtue out of not thinking" is a false statement. The Bible says to "test everything. Hold on to the good" which of course requires a whole lot of thinking. "Those who preach faith...are intellectual slaveholders, keeping mankind in a bondage, to fantasy (etc)" is also unsubstantiated opinion. Okay, I think I'll reach character limit if I keep going (that's only 1:41 into the video), so lets talk about these points first.

Do you think this is representative of the majority of religious trained people?

Not Christians. I noticed the Qu'ran was flashed up there like it was something all religions believed in, at least that was what was implied. Define "religious trained". I haven't seen nor been to a training session on how to be a Christian nor told what I "must believe" despite having attending Methodist, Baptist, Protestant, and Presbyterian churches (among others as a visitor).

To answer your orignal post question (which is Bill's question), Christianity is all about change. From beginning to end in the Bible, change happens...big ones, sweeping ones. Throughout history, change happens. In both cases we have evidence that mankind is involed in change and plays an important part in the future by our actions today. God doesn't want anyone to hole themselves up in a cave, but rather "go and tell the good news". We're the instruments of change, not the barrier. I thought the complaint about Christians is that we're always trying to change what others believe, and now we're not trying to change anything? Decide please.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by saint4God]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join