It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revolution? That's insane!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I am of the firm belief that a revolution is coming in not only America, but in the World. Good versus Evil, the People against the Powers. I do believe that it will begin in America though.
So this got me to thinking: how will it start? I mean, I understand that there has been a silent war raging for a while now, but what event will draw the line between us and them, and trigger this battle of all battles?
In the past, it would be started because of someone simply taking a stand and saying what they believe. Or a revolution would start with someone attacking a government force and others following suit across the nation? But I thought: "I would never follow something like this!"

But WHY?

Perhaps, we have all been brainwashed.
Perhaps, the fluoride in our water supply is giving us a sense of complacency.
Perhaps, the media is influencing us greatly, whether consciously or sub-consciously.
Perhaps, we have become so used to the comforts we possess now, that we would never do something to lose them.
Perhaps, the doctrine of self-preservation has eradicated any thoughts of sacrificing one's life and property for the greater good.

Perhaps, we have lost control.

I recieved a tip a few weeks ago that the government would be increasing the fluoridation of tap water (no, I can't find any news articles for this). I was a bit skepticle, but I decided to not take any chances. Since then, I've only consumed water bottles, gatorade, or powerade. The result: I've become more ready (mentally) for the coming revolution, and more accepting of the consequences of participating in it. Also, I haven't watched much television in a long time; the same results being mirrored.

Perhaps, the necessary qualities to participate in a revolution are being subdued in the consciousness of the general population.

Of course, this is all speculative...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I think the days of the French-style revolutions are over, however the revolutions today will happen slowly, but surely.

Time will come to a point where those who are in power have to do something about it, like when people start demanding a bigger say in their personal lives, or total ownership of self- freedom from bondage.

As alternative media grows the strict MSM control of information will become harder and confrontations will rise between those who are in control and those who are not.

Maybe the dam will bust during the coming crackdowns when the Shepherd PTB begin beating back the bleating masses, helped along by of course, the dogs- and you know who the dogs are, because without dogs the shepherd can't keep the sheep together... To the slaughter.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by gatorboi117

I recieved a tip a few weeks ago that the government would be increasing the fluoridation of tap water (no, I can't find any news articles for this). I was a bit skepticle, but I decided to not take any chances. Since then, I've only consumed water bottles, gatorade, or powerade.

Gatorade. caused the most enamel erosion, followed by Red Bull. and Coke., with Diet Coke.

www.news-medical.net...#

Do you think all of these drink manufacturing plants are using reverse osmosis to filter the water used in their drinks? Is Gatorade made with distilled water?

Simple water filtration does not remove the fluoride, so anything such as tap water, fruit juice or Gatorade will contain fluoride if the source of the water is fluoridated. The two most successful ways to remove the fluoride is by Reverse Osmosis filtration or Distillation.

wiki.answers.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Control and population reduction.

Get rid of the people with guns but really it's getting rid of people that are used to a certian type of personal freedom of expression and unwilling to give it up, even to the death.

The world management team knows this and is moving to get rid of our more mammalian aspects so we can take on the expression of an ant hill.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
sorry but i think alot more people would prefer to being a working drone than trying to risk fighting for freedom since they're used to it.

maybe a few will rebel and get their ass handed to prison cells.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by platipus]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I see the catalyst being a small respectable group becoming hammered with the full might of the military that can only be best described as over kill.

In the grumbling aftermath, someone says something that just goes too far and things escalate from there. I am almost surprised that the bailouts, the taking over of GM and selling of Chrysler to Fiat did not do it. But concede it could be cause that would seem trivial to the general public like the Mexican Pilot Program in the trucking industry. Or an crackdown to the TEA Parties.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Revolution only happens when enough people are in desperate condition, and feel they have little to lose; when dying for the cause looks better than continuing to live under the tyranny or oppression.

This isn't happening in the US. Most of us are unhappy about something, would like things to change. Many of us are quite angry about what's going on, feeling that the government or society is treating us unfairly. But not enough of us are seriously, desperately oppressed, to the point where death is preferable to living under those conditions. There certainly are many people living under desperate conditions. Sometimes they do rebel, and are cut down. But there are not enough of these people to sustain any sort of revolution.

Much as we like to gripe about the situation in the US, most of us would rather suck it up and take it, than fight to change it. No revolution until that changes. And if the politicians are wise, they'll keep throwing us a bone now and then to keep us happy, just enough to keep us from rising up and taking back our power. Maybe that's how all governments work, I don't know...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

thats true but im pretty sure not >all< of US is ready to give up and go crazy on the government yet. and anything could happen

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I think you covered a lot of the points as to why society is so complacent. Fluoride, media conditioning, fear of government retaliation..

Another aspect is what is in our food and air. People are increasingly becoming diseased to some degree. Autoimmune disorders and diseases of "unknown origin" are rampant. Endocrine disruptors and xenoestrogens are wrecking our hormonal balance. So much that mens testosterone counts are less than half what they were 50 years ago.

People also work more, and are more stressed via information overload these days. I think we're constantly given just enough stressors to make most people just able to get by. One notch more and we'd be revolting. One less and more people would actually be putting the pieces together.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I don't think anything close to a revolution will start as one.

As I see it.. It's very possible that a complete economic collapse would cause a very brutal civil war.

Because right now, people still have something to lose. But an economic collapse? (And I mean even greater than the great depression Then they will become either violent or defensive.

Some will move to self reliance, agriculture, or other trades that help us survive, then others will come with violence to take it. Then different factions will evolve through the mess. Some might even exist today, we just don't know yet.

But when the government has no more control of the situation, that's when reform comes. Whenever the last shell casing falls, then things can proceed to change.

Personally this doesn't sound that great to me.

I'd prefer a peaceful revolution. But two things prevent that: a) Nobody is willing to risk harm or imprisonment to stand their ground. b) Washington simply ignores the protests.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Glaceau water uses reverse osmosis. There was another water company, but I forget the name,

Either way, it's expensive, not affordable naturally...

But I wouldn't worry too much about the fluriodation. I consume water more than ever, I'm not noticing any effects on my body.

Then again, my area I don't believe fluriodates the water.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I cant wait
Hope it happens soon

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
A second coming of the Cultural Revolution (Mao) looks interesting.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Unless the majority have nothing to lose nothing will be risked. We live in a pillowed prison cell. However, should someone take our pillows away we have nothing left to lose, then we will lose it.
American citizens own 10x the amount of guns that the military does. Many thought Waco was going to start a revolution but it didn't. Outside stimuli will never cause the American people to revolt, it must be something close and personal to cause them to risk everything. If unemployment keeps going the way it is when we hit around the 20% mark the sh*t will start flying.
We are being destroyed by design, however they planned it poorly and the NWO crowd are getting desperate.
Everyone would be wise to have a few months worth of food and water on hand as well as a means to protect themselves and their families. Those without guns will serve those who do.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
I don't think anything close to a revolution will start as one.

As I see it.. It's very possible that a complete economic collapse would cause a very brutal civil war.

I'm just curious as to who the revolutionaries will be fighting against.
The Cops, Politicians, rich people that drive nice cars.

There could possibly be a civil war but in my opinion but it would look more like a race war with white gangs hunting people of color. Very much like what happened in Germany with the "Brownshirts" attacking Jews.

www.fsmitha.com...
www.historyworld.net...

God help us!!

top topics

join