It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Flying Saucers as a Reality - Research!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I'm interested in starting as fairly extensive research project on the application of vortex oscillation to aviation. Recently, this is the physics behind the Russian-built flying saucers. The Saratov facility in Russia is the base of where these saucers are being designed.

My goal is to examin the physics behind vortex oscillation and its application to aviation. Additionally, I am interested in the research being done at the Saratov facility in Russia. Finally, the prospective utilisation of such saucers by the United States, who are supposedly contracting the research at Saratov and attempting to integrate the saucers into military and/or civilian usage.

I'm looking for fellow ATS-ers who are interested in participating in this research project. Please u2u me, or reply if you're interested in being on a research team for the above topic, or if you're interested in integrating something similar into the research.
Research guildelines can be found here
and here.

Also, for some superficial background on the Russian's work, please check out this article

[Edited on 17-5-2004 by mauskov]

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Im sure this is very similar to what you are posting.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Drop me in I will do best I can.

Out,
Russian

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   
EKIP aircraft do not employ oscillating vortices, as far as I know. They simply use blown vortices over the rear upper surface of the fuselage to prevent flow separation.

A sheet of vortices can keep flow adhered across the back of the EKIP body with lower energy requirements than a plain blown boundary layer. Also, the "thickness" of the vortex sheet layer helps flow around the EKIP body better than a thin straight BLC system.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Самолет �Болдырев� с колеблющимся предкрылком

The link above describes what was probably the seed that got this particular flying-saucer trend going.

translation - babelfish will give you the gist if you want to read the rest, or reply in this thread and I'll translate the rest.

Aircraft "Boldyrev" with oscillating slats

This was the experimental aircraft (Fig. 278), based on the completely new principle of obtaining thrust and increased lift coefficient. The slat, installed in front of and higher than the wing leading edge, is driven by rapid oscillation. It turns around its leading edge by angles of the order of plus-orminus 15 degrees. It was tested on the flying models and during the static tests of full-scale aircraft.

etc....

Source: V. B. Shavrov, History of Construction of Aircraft in USSR 1938-1950

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
the more complex the way of flying of an aircraft is...the less it will be easily to fly and kept under control.

complications but also the need of fit into the flightabilities surfaces to be used when the craft "flies" are negative factors.
could be that it fits in the civilian role but for the military...standards are much higher !

new topics

top topics

join