It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best newer camcorders for ghost/ufo hunting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I know theres already threads on which is the best for this but most are unanswered and im wondering if any of the newer camcorders are worth buying for this specific use of ghost/UFO hunting especially in the night. Heres some links of the newest equipment please share your thought on them if you have any knowledge to spare about this topic as i would like to invest in getting one im by no means rich and could use some input on this. Most im looking to spend is $400 on one

www.newegg.com...

www.walmart.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
My biggest piece of advice for night recording is that you'll need infra red lights and lots of them. A good low light low noise sensor will make the difference between a hoax and a real piece of footage. The more coin and research you input, the better a camera you will get. Don't forget to factor in tripod(s) (check out gorillapods for a great 'wrap around' solution) and battery life if you wish to record an entire night off AC power.

I have a Sony SR12E HD handycam which has iR night mode built in. It does reasonably well. I'm currently uploading a video to youtube with mostly night shots - if you are interested I can link once its done.. (3rd try at 407mb >_

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
My first suggestion is to prioritize large optical zoom and large pixel count and compromise on other features from there.

Also this thread might help a bit:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

i just have a budget around $400 for a cam the rest i could get little by little i understand the more$ the better but im just trying to figure out whats best to buy around this price somewhere available to me such as newegg, walmart, bestbuy etc....

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
can someone please help out on this. point me to a good camera from wallyworld aka wal-mart on one of the other stores

[edit on 14-10-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
With a $400 budget it might be a good idea to take a look online for some gently used cameras. I'm seeing some great ones that were $700 three years ago now being sold for $55.

top topics

join