It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bleak U.S. job market boosts military recruitment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
I've considered joining the military. Economic status was a factor when considering.

If I get through college, get my associates and EMT certification and can't find a job in that line of work, I will probably join the navy and become a corpsman.

I would never join if i was you, you do not know the true risks, that come with it.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Planned financial colaspe to produce the troops needed for a large scale war starting with Iran? I hope not but it would not surprise me. The small scale wars we have right now are not enough to satisfy the greed of the war industry, including bankers who loan money to rebuild. Now lame duck Bush is gone they have a new popular president who even has the added credibility of a peace prize to push forward their plan. As I said I hope I'm wrong but I have a terrible feeling about what has been happening recently.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
Save it buddy! Just because you pick up a gun and go off to fight some war that some old men in suits in leather chairs tell you to fight doesn't make you a better American. FAR FROM IT! You can bathe yourself in the pseudo typical military propaganda, I mean hell you're a recruiter for crying out loud......but myself along with my fellow Americans are quite damn sick of propping up the American war machine at the expense of our livelihood, our country, our freedoms, and our children's future.

I agree, the American people don't want war, especially on people whom we have no reason to fight with other than resources and strategic military positioning.

All of our military budget could be better spent fixing our country than it is destroying someone else's.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I recently graduated high school and had no idea what I wanted to do with my life. I was THIS close to joining the navy. I was facing working a dead end job or going to college and getting in debt. (My sister is 67,000 in debt after going to a four year university)

Facing pressure from my parents I signed up and was in the DEP program and had a ship date next year in January. But I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I dropped out of it and now have a job at Wendy's.

It's like the government is leaving the military as the only good job you can get without going into debt. I would love nothing more than a peaceful world and I wasn't going to make the world any more peaceful by joining the military.

The last thing I want is to have a greedy, corrupt government give me my paycheck because that just gives them control over me.

If we actually spent the money that goes to making better things to kill each other on something that benefits humanity, shoot even HALF the money, the world could be a much better place!!

[edit on 14-10-2009 by doped00]

[edit on 14-10-2009 by doped00]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join