It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bleak U.S. job market boosts military recruitment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Bleak U.S. job market boosts military recruitment

www.reuters.com

Aided by a bleak job market, the U.S. military met all of its recruitment goals in the past year for the first time since it became an all-volunteer force in 1973, the Pentagon said on Tuesday.

Military services have been stretched thin by conflicts in Afghanistan and Iraq, giving added weight to recruitment efforts as President Barack Obama considers sending another 40,000 U.S. troops to Afghanistan next year.

The United States already has 67,000 troops in Afghanistan and about 119,000 in Ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I was looking through the news and for some reason this caught me eye , and I think it something clicked. Reading from ATS how the economic downturn was planned by some sort of NWO. I never thought about the other benefit they receive. More people joining the Army as a job. This quote says a lot

"U.S. military met all of its recruitment goals in the past year for the first time since it became an all-volunteer force in 1973"

Not only are they taking our homes, our jobs, our future, they are now taking our children or at least giving them the best option for a job.

I am not sure what to think anymore.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

Yeah meanwhile the rest us will be working till we are 75, paying exorbitant healthcare costs. You and I are paying for all these perks for the US military. And most of the people you talk about are not the guys who were battle hardened on the frontlines seeing their buddy get his head blown off. They were the "support" troops, or officers. I mean let's be honest besides pilots, and ParaRescue etc. most AirForce guys aren't risking their lives in the line of fire.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I've considered joining the military. Economic status was a factor when considering.

If I get through college, get my associates and EMT certification and can't find a job in that line of work, I will probably join the navy and become a corpsman.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Think you missed my point, I know the Military is a great career. I was born in West Point NY, My ole man went from joining when he was young to becoming a instructor there. That's not what is going on here

My point was a little more conspiracy then that, it was tying the economic down turn to building up military numbers and any upcoming wars where they would be needed. I figured a few of the hard core NWO people would do a better job maybe linking this to other stories.

When I meant children btw I meant 18+ lol I wasn't trying to be to mellow dramatic.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Go to nursing school.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
reply to post by ShiftTrio

I think the massive enlistment bonuses had more to do with increasing enlistment numbers than anything else.

Then the fact that they cannot get a job? exactly.. Combine the two and you don't need to have a draft, its becoming their only option.
My point is ,was this planned, is this another page in the take over of America book.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I have all the respect for ALL soldiers, I truly do, which is why when I see people manipulating them for their agenda it pisses me off as it should you.

I thank your brother for his service and wish him the best of luck.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Hmm the article said this was the first time since 1973, Not that I don't believe you, but do you have a link to that stat, as it blows my whole theory out of the water lol

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
With the state of our nations economy and not government help to alleviate the growing job problem most of our military personnel are facing a jobless nation when they come back from home.

Then we most understand that this new generation is going to be trained and ready for combat when they come home to nothing but hardships, this is going to make the government very afraid

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Standard opression operation:
-Subdue the victim's mind, by taking their "grounds".
-Offer no other choice other then kill or get killed.
-End.

... sometimes I feel I'm losing faith in humanity.

Peace

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I joined the military after being kicked out of High School for doing
stupid things. Best real-world education a young person could get.

But, it seems that so many young people who join today are surprised
to learn that its not all fun and games. The incidences of mental
and emotional traumas are unreal. You'd think that they were
drafted into the service, instead of volunteering.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Anybody who serves this nations military no matter what branch or what job needs to have all the recognition as it is only 1 percent of the population who goes in a serve.

Air Force, Coast Guard, Navy, Marines, Army...all deserve our equal recognition for their service and dedication.

As far as for the topic at hand I have seen how the economy is pushing many people that otherwise would have never consider the military as an option. As a recruiter (Air Force) its my job to explain to give aplicants a reality check when it comes to their expectation about joining.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ShiftTrio

I’m going to play your silly game.

I agree with your conspiracy point. What a better way to bolster the ranks than a massive economic down turn. Do I think the downturn was or castrated to facilitate the bolstering of the military? No could have been I am sure.

Off topic has any one seen the sign on bonuses these kids are getting now? Massive like 20K+ for some mos’s where was my sign on bonus? (I am a bit bitter lol)

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
heres what i dont get
kill someone in america as a civilian = murderer
kill someone in war = hero

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ashnomadonte

I agree. Soon there will be kill bonuses, combos and extra life. Just like in video games.

2nd line.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

Save it buddy! Just because you pick up a gun and go off to fight some war that some old men in suits in leather chairs tell you to fight doesn't make you a better American. FAR FROM IT! You can bathe yourself in the pseudo typical military propaganda, I mean hell you're a recruiter for crying out loud......but myself along with my fellow Americans are quite damn sick of propping up the American war machine at the expense of our livelihood, our country, our freedoms, and our children's future.

And only 1% of the AF sees actual combat.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join