It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Hadron Collider being stopped, from the future?!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by crichton13

That ANY form of REAL EFFECTIVE time travel has not, is not and as YET IN THE FUTURE, NOT BEEN discovered and mad EFFECTIVE for ANY type of mammalian specise to use, survive and, indeed, utilise.

One can SEE linear, uninturrupted time being demonstrated when one views websites like utube or nothingtoxic.

One can SEE uninturrupted linear time being played out IN THE OPEN, when we watch the television and/or view an online video clip.

Humans live in the now.

If things WERE happening that would/could/SHOULD be altered then our limited perceptions of linera time would be so SEVERELY affected that the whole PLANET would be in turmoil.

There were numerous cases where it was documented that people seem to have traveled vast distances in a blink of an eye. A spanish guy finishing his guard duty got dizzy and found himself on the other side of the Atlantic at one of their colonies before 4 or 5 centuries. Another guy was flying its plane across the Bermudas and found himself covering the same distance in 30 mins instead of 45 or more, following the same route, spending less time and less fuel, after entering a storm.
These might be cases that for scientific research are hard to be reproduced or even accepted but they were documented. If its not lies then there is the simple possibility that the mechanics of nature itself have embedded in them the function of time travel. WE humans don't know what time and matter is. Nature does know. This should not change the possibility that time travel might be occur naturally everywhere as we speak and it some times is just manifesting in larger sequences drawing in unsuspected individuals by a mere coincidence, just like bonds between atoms exist but this force does not, whatever is responsible for it, is not manifesting in a grander scale to affect our every day events and be noticed by our perception. Or is it?

Let's face it we don't know *.
We are making assumptions upon assumptions, no wonder why LHC is failing, if the science behind it is based upon some elect few theories (that usually serve an agenda) to be the only ground work on which the procedure of research and the interpretation of the outcome will be applied.
Science could start applying research for things that might literally be under its nose for once. If it gets to upset the current PTB, then so be it. Can nature help itself to change its function and behavior in the ways we wish it would be beneficial for us in order to help our current social structure and order to be sustained?
I think not.
Nature works in certain ways and we either accept it and follow it and see results or make paths around it and get stuck in endless circles.

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

The Higgs boson, if it exists, MUST be mediating these low temp and pressure etc interactions or we wouldn't be here!

So in fewer words Higgs boson or the general idea behind it (which might be after something very similar if not Higgs boson itself) is prevalent in nature, we just haven't look at the right places or with the right kind of attitude in order to discover this yet hidden "natural" element or "natural" function?

I was always wondering what kind of particle would be able to generate or be the carrier of the effects of thought and feelings as perceived by our senses and even be the primary element in the concept of intelligence as we understand it, in our reality.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by spacebot]

Oh and excuse me for the late addition.
Did you know that at a plain social encounter, a female brain is able to formulate 30 different opinions based on interpreting visual results, in less than 30 seconds when the attention is focused on an unknown male that happens to enter the immediate vicinity?
There might be even faster functions in the brain itself from this particular one. It would be logical they might exist.
Why should we need all that superfast mechanism in order for the simplest brain tasks to be produced? maybe at faster levels of data processing inside our brains there might even exist manipulation of time and space present as a natural constant for the mechanics of this function to work?

We often seem we call it "subconscious" for a lack of a better understanding of the mechanics of thought.
We don't understand why we do have superfast brains as species, yet we do understand why we do have a subconscious mechanism functioning hidden somewhere in there. Either it been directed from our own DNA itself that takes control of our 3 part brains (reptilian/mammal/human) at instances or its an overall mechanism concerning all parts of our human physiology.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
reply to post by Cadbury

Sadly, it seems only guerilla shaman covertly dosing the milk supply with ayahuasca can save us from ourselves. If this infernal machine can manufacture the needed supply then may they get it up and running post haste.

Yes start your extractions now , look for the sacred geometrys then go beyond the veil !

the machine elves will know what to do !

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Maybe my understanding of time influence is backwards, but assuming a linear modeal of time and causation i dont fully understand how it is even logically possible. If turning on the Collider would create a riffle in the time continium and cause the Collider from the past to not be able to start, the Collider would never be turned on in the first place and the orginal problem would not occur.
As an example lets say that I own a time machine and my dog ran away. I would hop into the time machine go back in time and stop the dog from running away. However in doing so i would eliminate the need to use the time machine in the first place, as my dog would never be lost and i would not need to use my time machine.
So if the act of turning on the Collider is sabotoging the present collider the collider would in fact never be able to be turned on. So it couldnt be the Collider thats causing these "jinx's", has to be something else. Like maybe the fact that its the most complicated scientific human endeavour ever taken and will have some hiccups at the begining.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
If this higgs particle had the strength to rip a hole in time and sabatoge its own creation, then I suspect the form of sabatoge would be quite a bit more spectacular than simply spilling a few jars of nitrogen or whatever other random mundane thing that stopped the collision.

no. I totally prefer the Idea of some realtime entety doing the sabatoge.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Well now its getting a little crazy, so let me get this straight, The Theory is that THE HIGGS BOSONS exists BUT when they try to create it they CAN'T, so THEY POSIT that the creation of said particle CAN'T be created because the PARTICLE THEY ARE TRYING TO CREATE IS CREATING AN ANTI-PARTICLE of itself from the FUTUR?

Or isit CREATING A TACHYON WHICH ELIMINATES THE PARTICLE???

I think, just me probably, that the Higgs Boson Doesn't exist, except in mathematicle probability.

They are so dependant on the Higgs boson, that they wont release the idea, because it is the closest the scientific community has come to creating a Unified theory. If they could get past the Higgs Boson and rework the mathmatics, perhaps they could come up with a new Unifying concept.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by freestonew

I do not believe so as it has not as of yet had the opportunity to achieve full operational capacity due to the numerous technical glitches it has suffered that have to do with individual component composition failings which is to say that, since the majority of the componentry that has failed is what was constructed by the Fermi Lab guys, it was likely intentional because they didn't want to be upstaged by the LHC after the years they've invested in attempting what only it (the LHC) can due to their collider's insufficient power supply and configuration and detection array (which is probably causing them to overly douse the collider's site with excessive amounts of radiation).

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by spacebot

Did you know that at a plain social encounter, a female brain is able to formulate 30 different opinions based on interpreting visual results, in less than 30 seconds when the attention is focused on an unknown male that happens to enter the immediate vicinity?

So Joan Baez should have a say in how the string theory plays out?

Is the LHC just a giant 10 string lyre that replaced an ancient Greek Lute?

Can the chord that causes energy to magically spring from matter ever be played by other than a few gifted physicists?

Are there really pilots that only measure the speed of their aircraft by the beat of the pistons in their motors, even when flying through the eyewall of a hurricane?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
it's always been strange to me, what underlying "reason" there was to build the LHC. to spend billions of dollars, to employ highly educated engineers spending tens of thousands of man hours, and the fact that there is already colliders out there providing valuable insight into the makeup of the quantum world, just to satisfy some physicists curiosity, is not logical or reasonable, without expecting some sort of astounding, and most of all, profitable benefit. "always follow the money" has been my first line of research into the "WHY" of anything.

to me that question has not been answered in any of the vague, etherial sounding explanations about the "god particle", written up in the literature i've read. so you break apart some particles and then what? do they just go back to their labs and offices to contemplate the data? write up papers in hopes of winning a Nobel? do they do this just to feed their egos, and advance their careers?

there is more to this and the public is being kept in the dark. nobody and no country nowadays spends that kind of money and resources for curiosities sake.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Collider gearing up for bizarre test

News Source
Just wanted to add another news story here instead of starting a new one.

LiENcircleS

[edit on 18-10-2009 by LifENcircleS]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
CERN is doing complex stuff. A few set backs is to be expected. The Higgs Loop is going to confirm the Standard Model.

The only question is whether it is Everett's or Feynman's SM?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Wow. Just, wow! It takes some deep thought to really wrap your mind around this implication. But I truly hope that if the 'future' is looking out for itself and us, that it will continue to make the right moves!

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

"Well, one could even almost say that we have a model for God." Read more: www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2009/10/18/BUHE1A4NJB.DTL&type=science#ixzz0UOUDRgSC

That and the reference to North African wing of al Qaeda are thought provoking. The LHC project is almost like the Pope sanctifying a particular style and construction of ornate and expensive palce of worship such as the Byzantine churches.

What were the dark ages really about? Was it just the Church protecting their income? Certainly if the public had known that the earth was not the flat center of the universe, obedience to the Christian order might have suffered. Not only would less money flow into the church from passionate believers, what currency was offered would be devalued in relation to Roman currency.

The search for God by the rational mind in early societies was probably an exercise in code breaking. The similarities are there, From an apparently random universe of planetary and stellar motions the rational mind seeks to extract patterns.

What if the dark ages never occurred? If the church had not been able to maintain its mind control over the masses? What if the public had not chosen to enjoy the cruel public executions of the heretics rather than scientific endeavors? Where might technology be today?

Perhaps it wasn't just greed and egotistical desire for control that motivated the dark ages. Maybe there was a genuine fear that mankind would have annihilated itself if rational guidance had proceeded faster than spiritual guidance?

Could the Unabomber trial of the dark ages have ended in a verdict of Renaissance hundreds of years earlier?

Contemporary quantum physics experiments using the LHC may cast some startling light on the actual definition of randomness.

I remember reading about Richard Feynman buying his first commercially available PC to do random number analysis. He was so excited to receive the shipment of his new PC that he walked into the wall of the Pasadena post office and bumped his head! Maybe that was a warning from the god particle?

[edit on 19-10-2009 by fromunclexcommunicate]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I don't buy it. Sating that the Higgs partical is coming back in time to stop us from discovering is insane. Lets say that time travel is possible. If I travel back in in time to kill my grandfather before my father was born then I would have never exsisted to travel back in time to kill my grandfather so in actualluy I would have exsisted..........

The same is true for the higgs partical, If this partical is stopping us from the future then that means some time in the future the LHC will successfully prove the exsistance of the Higgs partical. So if this theory is true then we have nothing to worry about in finding the partical because we will. What we have to worry about is why this partical is seemingly the only one that can go back in time to prevent us from doing so. Are we sending a message to our selves from the future. Dont do this it bad. But in which case we are screwed because it has already been done and no matter what we cant stop it.

The true implecations of this are profound, not just in science but in everyday human life. If people as a whole realized that their future was preordained then we (theoricly) would lose all hope for the future and will to live. We as a people define our selves by the struggles that we have gone through to get where we are now. A disover like this would say none of that mattered. Our world as we know it would cease to exsit. (not destroyed)

Maybe this is what happened in the future. We found this supposed "God" partical and it opened up far morre then we ever hoped for. It showed us what we were really building was a time machine and that time travel is really possible, not just to the past but to the future, and that knowledge just *&^%$&^*&*&*%$ with our heads.

But if this theory is true then its already to late for we are already on the path and there is no stopping us now. The future has spoken and we are screwed.

The other alternitive is that they have no idea what they are doing and they are coming up with this story as a way to cover there 9 billion dollar mistake. Personally I like choice 1 better. lot more interesting.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The theory suggests the higgs boson particle is repugnant to nature, that it defies the laws of the Universe - therefore, the Universe automatically prevents the particle being discovered on another timeline.

I've read the paper, very complex argument for parallel Universe's and radical paradox's.

Scientists are not contemplating individuals actually descending through time and space.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by infinite]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
it's always been strange to me, what underlying "reason" there was to build the LHC. to spend billions of dollars, to employ highly educated engineers spending tens of thousands of man hours, and the fact that there is already colliders out there providing valuable insight into the makeup of the quantum world, just to satisfy some physicists curiosity, is not logical or reasonable, without expecting some sort of astounding, and most of all, profitable benefit. "always follow the money" has been my first line of research into the "WHY" of anything.

to me that question has not been answered in any of the vague, etherial sounding explanations about the "god particle", written up in the literature i've read. so you break apart some particles and then what? do they just go back to their labs and offices to contemplate the data? write up papers in hopes of winning a Nobel? do they do this just to feed their egos, and advance their careers?

there is more to this and the public is being kept in the dark. nobody and no country nowadays spends that kind of money and resources for curiosities sake.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by jimmyx]

It seems to me to be more about profit. If this test proves string theory (multiple dimentions? please correct if Im wrong) then think of the profit to be made if you find a earth that is lets say still in the middle ages. We find a way to open and close the bridge when we want and we take over the land on that earth and bring their natural resources here. Hey no more oil crises, among other things. You could find a world that is not inhabited by humans and move people there to start over again. lord knows we screwed this planet enough. There is a ton of profit to be made. If it works that way, and we all know that the thought of getting trillions upon trillions of dollars is enough to make several countries invest a couple of billion

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmotley
Sating that the Higgs partical is coming back in time to stop us from discovering is insane.

It is, in fact, quite plausible.

A paradox is created on its discovery, how can a "god particle" exists in a post-created Universe? It goes against our current understanding of the Universe (according to the scientists, who've presented this hypothesis)

Quantum mechanics suggests dark matter is a matrix structure, "mind of god", that provides intelligent and order to the construction of the Universe. Some argue the Higgs boson provides instability to the string theory, including order of the Universe.

Therefore, in another parallel Universe, the particle prevents itself from being created. To an extent.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Not a claim that people are time traveling to sabotage the device. It is a proposal that the very event of creating a higgs boson particle has such an unpredictable and profound effect in the future that it is causing influence on the attempt to create it in the present.

Picture this:
10/24/2009 they are attempting to create the particle.
on the 25th they are successful in doing so.
We know almost nothing about its behavior or how to safely contain it. Suppose the very event of creating the higgs boson has such a powerful effect that even the seemingly unmoving laws of time itself are bent allowing some effect or force to occur just as the particle is created which stops the process.

Another way to see it:
Think of it as using a candle to light a match. When you light the match it quickly flares up which extinguishes both the candle and the match itself. So you are left with no fire just the unburning match and candle.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by failedsquare

Exactly.

A universal self-correcting mechanism, if you will.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

It is my understanding that upon creating a paradox that the universe is destroyed. How it is destroyed is unknown to me but destroyed.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jmotley

Perhaps after the point the paradox is formed that reality would be "destroyed" in that it could no longer continue so it would cease.
I have no real basis for this opinion but i believe there is sort of a compartmentalization of realities for just that sort of situation. It is presumed that for each choice or event there are alternate realities which stem from it for every possible outcome. So the realities which are stopped simply stop and those which had different outcomes continue.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join