It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamenei "Said to be in Coma"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
pajamasmedia.com...

This story has been floating around the net for the past day or so, but this report comes from a person who is in a position to know such things. As I know very well (having been gulled into wrongly announcing Khamenei’s death a while back), it is easy to be misled, and Khamenei has had previous medical emergencies in the past, and recovered, but the source is excellent. Nonetheless, it’s always smart to apply the Reagan Caution: Trust, but verify. I’m doing my best.

Here is what he/she says:

Yesterday afternoon at 2.15PM local time, Khamenei collapsed and
was taken to his special clinic. Nobody – except his son and the
doctors – has since been allowed to get near him.
His official, but secret, status is: “in the hands of the gods”.

Reportedly this collapse is natural. Many would like him to move to his
afterlife but reportedly the collapse was not ‘externally induced’
[no poisioning]. The few insiders who know about the collapse see
this development “as a gift from the gods”.

His condition had already seriously deteriorated over the last
months, aggravated by his nervous condition due to [1] his
inability to solve the problems created by his manipulation of the
election results and the refusal of [a large part of] the
population to accept this, plus [2] his loss of religious authority
by means of the repeated condemnations of events by senior clerics

Reportedly the principal aims of Khamenei of the last couple of
weeks, if not months, were to ensure [1] a positive reputation as
his legacy and [2] the physical survival of his family members and
their wealth, reportedly now largely in Syria and in Turkey (remember the truck convoy of $8.5 billion in cash and gold that was seized by the Turks?).

Outlook is uncertain but speculation is – considering that he is in coma since more than 24 hours – that he may not come out of his coma and/or that he may die very soon.

If he dies it is expected that immediately a bloody clash will
develop between the powers behind Rafsanjani, who will immediately
claim temporary religious authority and overall control, and the
powers behind Achmadinejad who will scramble in order to regain
control and ensure their survival.

This is big news and will impact on what happens next in Iran. He may be dead or in a coma, or have recovered, if this story is accurate. Either way, if he survives, he probably won't be around for long! This could seriously dent the regime's ability to ever recover.

If he's alive the govt. will scramble to show him on state TV, yet they may show older footage instead. I'm sure they'll try and show something tomorrow or fairly soon. It may be possible to discern whether it's older footage.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by john124]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
A coma, eh?

As in no brain activity?

Hell, he's been that way for decades.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

HAHA! True to some extent!

His last words could be "NUKE ISRAEL!!!" to his son's!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
S+F

I dont know this news outlet, but looking at it, it seems to have a broad mix of non msm news slightly on the left.

It certainly is not Faal etc....

This could be biggest news if true and he dies in the region for many years, and considerig the current situation with Nuclear production israel and sanctions etc very very important, as in what and who will take his place.

This is definately worth keeping a very very close eye on and corraborating, in fact my biggest fea is that Like USSR style he could die and no one would know for a long time with a dangerous power vacuum, or even actions taken on in his name, the military and real fundementalists now having free reign.

Timing is quite stunning if true and the dangers huge to say the least

Elf.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Michael Ledeen's articles usually make sense, and I doubt he would risk ruining his reputation if his sources weren't reliable.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

I agree with Dooper, but in all fairness, may he rot in hell with his 72 Goulish Virgins.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

And maybe us to in the aftermath.

This is not just one man dying, it is an event if he does or is of equal geo political danger, concern and volatility as 9/11 or the invasion of Iraq.

Though maybe a little more slow burning, though also maybe a firestorm.

It is well known for all his hatred of the west and fantical views, he was the controlling and guiding hand that kept Iran from all out confrontation on a few occasions,

For the weorld to not know who captains this ship at this current time is very significant and unpredictable at best.

Elf

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Some may consider this post off-topic.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by stevegmu]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

Well... anything is possible, but it was rumoured for a while that he wasn't in the best of health.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

That crazy man, most likely has an heir or someone he groomed to take over in the event he dies... All crazy people do.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

In these sorts of regimes there's likely to be a power struggle. It probably won't be a straightforward succession but they'll try and make it look that way though. It should be easy to see thru' it though.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
This is bogus to the max. Let me break it down for you, since your gullible minds are unable to handle it otherwise...

This story has been floating around the net for the past day or so, but this report comes from a person who is in a position to know such things.

Give me a break! ATS buys this bull and the guy doesn't even have a source?? Watch next... as the guy even admits he made it up:

As I know very well (having been gulled into wrongly announcing Khamenei’s death a while back), it is easy to be misled

At this point, you can see that this guy has a history of making up stories about the death of this guy. I guess no he thinks he has the lie mastered, by saying that he's "dying" instead of "dead". He thinks the switcharroo in word choice will lead to millions... he's seeing dollar signs

Nonetheless, it’s always smart to apply the Reagan Caution: Trust, but verify. I’m doing my best.

Only my gullible fellow ATSers have bought it up to this point.

His official, but secret, status is: “in the hands of the gods”.
...The few insiders who know about the collapse see this development “as a gift from the gods”.

This is bogus to the max. The secret status sounds more like the title of an American propaganda poster. Only a westerner (oops, that's me.. I mean besides smart people like me) would think that the poor little Iranians would see this "as a gift from the gods". When you have a bunch of Westerners that are ready to kill you or your family at the end of December, the death of your leader is not a "gift".

But you have to read this to see the true meaning of the word bogus:

If he dies it is expected that immediately a bloody clash will develop between the powers behind Rafsanjani, who will immediately claim temporary religious authority and overall control, and the powers behind Achmadinejad who will scramble in order to regain control and ensure their survival.

Only an American housewife would believe something like this. "Rafsanjani" claiming temporary religious authority?? You guys believe this garbage?

p.s. I'm having trouble thinking straight with aliens up in my head, so it's hard to make my points. So if someone else could point out how bogus this is with their wording, thanks.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by MegaCurious]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Some may consider this post off-topic.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by stevegmu]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

Well you can always get ridiculous instead! Oh wait, you just did!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

In 2006 he was rushed to hospital for opium painkillers, and was rumoured to have cancer.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Err...

"hands of the gods"

?
?

Tawhid

[edit on 13-10-2009 by RoofMonkey]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
When this has been confirmed I hope the mods move it to Breaking Alternative News.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
If this were to be true, who is the next in line Grand Aytollah wise? I think Rafsanjani is the head/chair of the Supreme Council, who would decide that, but I don't know the in's and out's of their religious succession.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Huge story if true.If hes dead or in coma they cant keep secret that long.And im sure you will see increased military presence in the streets to head off any coup attempt.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Iran Leader Dead, Opposition Says

Sources at the Iranian opposition said that the spiritual leader of the Islamic Republic of Iran, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, has died. The Iranian police have increased their activities in the streets of Teheran recently.

For the time being, it is known that Khamenei lost consciousness on Monday afternoon and was hospitalized. Only his son and personal therapist have the right to visit Ayatollah at hospital. Khamenei reportedly lapsed into coma, although spokespeople for the Iranian opposition say that the spiritual leader has passed away.

The Iranian administration has not commented the situation yet.

Several western publications said that the information about Khamenei’s death could not be regarded as trustworthy, although the rumors may eventually prove to be true. At least, the Iranians did not conceal the poor state of health of the 70-year-old spiritual leader of the nation.

Background:

Ali Khamenei has been the Supreme Leader of Iran since 1989 and was president of Iran from 1981 to 1989. He has been described as one of only three people having "important influences" on the Islamic Republic of Iran, (the other two being the founder of the republic, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, and the president of Iran for much of the 1990s, Ayatollah Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani). So far, the biggest challenge to his leadership has been the mass protests following the June 2009 presidential elections, during which more than 100 citizens were killed and nearly four thousand people were arrested. Khamenei, however, continued to strongly support Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's policies and re-election.

Khamenei was the victim of a terrorist attack in June 1981 which paralyzed his right hand. In 2000 he was listed by the Committee to Protect Journalists as "one of the top ten enemies of the press and freedom of expression", and was named to the Time 100 in 2007.

Among his controversial actions was his rejection of a bill presented by the Iranian parliament in 2000 that aimed to reform the country's press law, and the disqualification of thousands of parliamentary candidates for the 2004 Iranian legislative election by the Guardian Council he appointed. Following the events of the 2009 Iranian Election, people wrote Death to Khamenei on Iranian Rials and upon the buildings and walls of cities.

if he weren't dead the regime would scramble him in front of the cameras now, especially since there's dozens of media sources stating he's dead. So this is 99% confirmed at this point. Probably 100% confirmed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join