It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laying Meditation, why do i somewhat feel like im choking or loose breath?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
This is a really weird feeling that has been happening to me more than often lately.
I have done laying down meditation, but it seems nowadays...when im laying in bed. And i cant get my mind to rest...i start to mediate, and or OBE...
but nowadays...

I'll try my best to explain the way I FEEL meditating as well as the best way i can describe it...

when i reach that point where your "mind is empty", when (the best way to describe it) you realize your laying down...you realize your breathing...but u dont "FEEL IT" because your focused on your one thought (whatever that might be)...that your "laying down" but in your mind you feel like your "somewhere else"...all the sudden i realize it and i feel like im chocking or SOMETHING is going to happen...something physically to my body. It almost feels as if im not breathing and i gasp/choke for hair for a second and "snap out of" my meditation real quick...but i can go RIGHT BACK into a deep meditation right afterwards.

Im not sure if this is something physically like im LITERALLY NOT BREATHING (hopefully not lol)
or a chakra?...or is this part of OBE's...remote viewing etc.?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Are you having any type of contact experiences? That sounds similar to the asthmatic conditions that some occultists and contactees like Crowley and Whitley Streiber are reported to have experienced.

On a beach in Sonoma County, after taking '___' the day before and programming an opening of the self to higher beings or energies, Dr. H. (no longer under the direct influence of the drug) had an experience with Something from the sky. "It wasn't exactly a Higher Intelligence," he said carefully, "or, at least, I didn't receive that aspect of it, if it was Higher Intelligence. To me, it was just energy. Terrible energy. My chest was sore for hours afterward. I thought it would kill me, but I was absolutely ecstatic and egoless at the peak of it. If the chest-pain weren't so intense, it would have been a totally positive experience."

(MacGregor Mathers, Outer Head of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, and the first occult teacher of such worthies as Aleister Crowley, poet William Butler Yeats and novelist Arthur Machen, once recorded a meeting with the Secret Chiefs. These ambiguous entities, known in several schools of occult training, are variously believed to be discarnate spirits of the great Magi of the past, living Magi who can teleport themselves about as easily as you or I telephone a friend, "angels" in the traditional sense, or merely "beings we cannot understand." In any case, Mathers noted that the meeting, although pleasant, left him feeling as if he'd been "struck by lightning" and he also suffered chest pains and extreme difficulty in breathing. Dr. Israel Regardie has also noted that Alan Bennett, who was Crowley's chief teacher for many years, developed asthma, a chest disease. Crowley developed asthma himself as his contacts with the Secret Chiefs occurred more often; and Regardie finally "caught" asthma for several years after studying with Crowley, a condition which was only cured when he went through the bioenergetic therapy of Wilhelm Reich.) [As an interesting synchronistic aside here, Brother Whitley Strieber, the alleged Space Alien Abductee and prolific author on such topics, also suffers from quite a touch of asthma. Coincidence...? -B:.B:.]

wyzwyrld.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
no, nothing like that...i dont know i cant really explain it. But its almost happening every time i do laying down meditation. Almost as if i forget to breath...but i KNOW im breathing. As well right before my entire front part of my head, (from the nose to the top middle of my skull) feels as if it "fell asleep"...or like its vibrating. Also a pressure on the bridge of my nose...
im not "SCARED" not scared at all.im just curious if its a MEDICAL CONDITION lol, or its part of what im trying to do
(meditation,obe,remote viewing,astral...anything spiritual lol)

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
It's interesting. I have had this happen when lying down and finally becoming very relaxed. The feeling is like having a bus on top of me and I start to gasp. It seems to be a reaction much like a gag reflex but more in the sense of the body not wanting to die. I had no fear either but the reflex was very strong.

Just staying with it when it happens seemed to be the best way to overcome it in a few attempts. It seems to be gone for me. There's still a funny feeling but no further gasping counterreaction.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
It's interesting. I have had this happen when lying down and finally becoming very relaxed. The feeling is like having a bus on top of me and I start to gasp. It seems to be a reaction much like a gag reflex but more in the sense of the body not wanting to die. I had no fear either but the reflex was very strong.

Just staying with it when it happens seemed to be the best way to overcome it in a few attempts. It seems to be gone for me. There's still a funny feeling but no further gasping counterreaction.

EXACTLY!!! thats what i was looking for "a gag reflex" is the best way to describe it!
yea really weird, just started happening dunno =/
lol

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
You are in your head thats all, just clear all thoughts and simply breath, not that you 'think' to breath or interject thoughts about breathing, simply become the breath.

You are identifying with it, just witness. If the choking comes see it for what it is, the mind not wanting to loose control, then breath. Become the breath.

"Sitting silently, doing nothing and the grass grows by itself."

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
This happens to me just about every time I get deep into meditation. The vibrations start, I feel like I want to separate, and then... I start gasping for breath. It sucks, because it brings me right out of it.

[edit on 10/13/2009 by LiquidLight]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I know when I get really deep into meditation that I usually forget to breathe atleast once, it never fails either, it happens everytime. But it feel so natural, not safe in human form though. haha. Usually I come out of it when I start feeling like i'm going to suffocate. Breathe damnit. How is this even possible, I thought breathing was an involuntary action because I sure as hell aint doing this myself.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

It is Fear, your inner fear. And it is very natural too. You will move through it when you are ready. It is not a problem it is only a symptom.

So when you realise you are experiencing somewhere else, you do have a small amount of awareness with the body so in a sense you are in two places at one time. The recognition from your human awareness of being elsewhere is enough to kick natural fear of the unknown into gear. And the first thing we do when in fear is to..... hold our breath, even subconsciously.

Next time you find this happening, focus more on the "elsewhere" and let the move in awareness happen naturally. A little practice and you will be journeying very well.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
When I lie down to prepare for sleep, I can't exactly "lie down" comfortably since my breathing stops. When I put 3 or so pillows, I can sleep peacefully. I have pinpointed it to my weake lungs due to cigarettes.

I suggest putting a few pillows on your head before lying down.

top topics

join