It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK TV, Act on co2 adverts.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Now there are many arguments about global warming, climate change.

Some say it is man who is causing all the problems while others say it's a natural cycle.

I'm all for green energy but lets face it, the winner is not really the environment but the business's, and the whole climate change thing is being used by the world govt's to make more and more money. It's all vested interests I know you all know that.

But has anyone in the UK seen the latest TV ad's for " act of CO2 ", The father reading a bedtime story to his daughter. I thought, what a load of Government PROPAGANDA.

I will listen to anyone's story on climate change when and only when scientist's without a vested interest in money or personal gain actually make their work and findings known.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by colec156]

[edit on 13-10-2009 by colec156]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I haven't seen the new one. Not had a chance to sit and watch the T.V last couple of days , what is it about it that screams propaganda at you?
The "old" one freaks me out , the music in it just seems to get me agitated lol.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Scotlandshope

Click here

The ad is at the bottom of the page, it has a father reading a bed time story to his daughter about climate change.

When you have seen it, tell me what you thought.

Colec

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
40% from ordinary households?
I thought the figures were a lot less than that , maybe in the 15-20% mark.
I always assumed it was big business and manufacturing/production that contributed the most.
So yeah I can see why you say government propaganda , us normal folk getting lampooned for a problem that resides with other people.
The only happy ending is if every-one (the whole planet regardless of what they do) pulls together and sorts out what is clearly a man made thing.
I'm only 23 but I still remember the weather being a lot differnet when I was younger!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scotlandshope
The only happy ending is if every-one (the whole planet regardless of what they do) pulls together and sorts out what is clearly a man made thing.I'm only 23 but I still remember the weather being a lot differnet when I was younger!

proof? IMO we may be helping it along but to no overwhelming extent. start believing ITV and suddenly range rover are the cause of all the polar bears dying. i believe its a natural cycle. i wouldnt trust government propaganda/scaremongering which lets face it, is all this is.

[edit on 13/10/09 by RuledBySecrecy]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
How can I prove my memories?
That is like me asking you to prove your belief....
I've always been interested in the idea that what is happening could be a natural cycle but the odds against at are seriously high.
For me the fact of ozone depletion , rises in density of Co2 in the atmosphere amongst other "greenhouse" gasses are the biggest indicators of mankind's affect on our environment.
Now I cannot prove to what extent we are changing things but even the possibility means we must do something about it.
You cannot seriously believe toxic chemicals released into the environment will not have an effect on nature and that it is all just some part of a cycle?
Its the lack of responsibility and apathy that worries me the most at times like these.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The other ad with the cgi speccy git who advises us about turning stuff off in the home when it is not in use and don't leave anything on standby, then the oik goes to bed and has an electric alarm clock plugged in...........kinda loses the argument for me that.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
i meant proof of "clearly a man made problem"
but anyway. yes i acknowledge we are contributing but certainly don't think we are the cause.
being green isn't neccessarily a bad thing if it is done for the right reasons but the gvt promoting being green/telling us we will all die unless we turn the lights off for their own financial and political goals is where it gets shady.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I do agree with you that the government does use us for their own ends in this situation but you are answering your own question , you ask me for proof yet you agree that we contribute to this problem of climate change (in our time).
If it is part of a cycle then the way we all live our lives now will affect it regardless.
Next time this "cycle" comes round we could have exacerbated the changes so therefore it will be man made , in as much as we affect our environment now.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
every time i see that advert it makes me sick.

2nd

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Well I'm glad to see some other people share my point of view on this.
Thanks for the replies.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I'm only 23 but I still remember the weather being a lot differnet when I was younger!

Since when did weather stay the same??

The weather and climate is constantly changing, always has, always will. That is why it is so easy to market to the gullible as an impending disaster and get a lot of money in the process of doing it. Don't believe the hype.

You cannot seriously believe toxic chemicals released into the environment will not have an effect on nature and that it is all just some part of a cycle?

For the record, CO2 is not a toxic chemical. In fact, it is neccessary for all life on Earth. And secondly, the amount of CO2 pumped out by natural sources far exceeds our output. So I do seriously believe that the majority of climate change IS due to natural cycles.

In saying that though, I do know that we are having a negative impact on our environment. Being an avid surfer and snowboarder, I have a deep concern over the way we treat our environment. But that doesn't mean I have to swallow all the fallacies surrounding AGW.

IMO, there are far, FAR more important issues than a slight increase in trace atmospheric gases. What about deforestation, over fishing, heavy metal poisoning of water ways, over fertilisation wreaking havoc with natural eco-systems, toxic chemicals and pharmaceuticals in drinking supplies etc etc.

The problem I have is that the AGW alarmists cry for action will do nothing to stop any of the REAL problems that face humantiy, other than give more power, wealth and control to the elite that run this world.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by colec156

I completely agree with the OP - the advert is sickening and it's blatant brainwashing.

Good thread - I suggest people star and flag it - the manipulation does not get enough exposure!

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I was going to make a thread about this advert when I first saw it a couple of weeks ago.

I think the best way to describe it is downright sinister. Turns my stomach how they can use scare tactics to make us change the way we live without giving any hard evidence.

top topics

join