It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York-Based Muslim Muslim Web Site Calls for God to kill Jews

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
If someone tells you to jump off of a bridge are you going to do it?

One thing that is particularly wonderful about free speech is it’s not free! The person who made the website in question has revealed his thoughts through free speech and now owns them.

What’s more important is the rest of the world knows he spoke these words, and thinks this way and now he must accept the responsibility for that.

Just like you would have to accept the responsibility for jumping off of a bridge if someone told you to, or you decided to do it all by yourself.

I would much rather know where a person stands than for people to be stifled in full and free expression and forced to keep how they think and feel a secret.

Now thanks to this man’s words as offensive as they might be they were honest words based on how he feels. Thanks to that I know not to give this man a ride or loan him a cup of industrial strength cleanser and that he isn’t the type of person I want to associate with.

I know where this man stands and to stand away from him.

If some of you had your way this man would keep his prejudices and hatreds a secret.

Knowledge is power and the power this man has given us is the power to make a responsible determination to befriend him or not based on who he really is, as opposed to how some of you would like to use the law to make him pretend to be something different.

He wouldn’t be something different though, in fact he would be far more dangerous because we wouldn’t know him for what he is.

Yet as people’s knees jerk when they read such revealing and dark secrets of a human’s soul, they jerk so hard and so high it seems to cause them to strike the head and rattle the brain because this man has done everyone another favor.

He has identified himself as someone who needs more and better information. He has identified himself as someone lacking enough perspective and knowledge to not know that all of any one group of people is not uniformly bad.

Rather than condemn the man even beyond how he has condemned himself he has given everyone an opportunity to help him learn better and different. An opportunity that once again would not exist if free speech wasn’t permitted; he has given us an opportunity to make the world a better place by teaching him the error of his thinking. Not by punishing him for having the temerity to honestly speak his own heart and mind, but by trying to change his heart and mind by exposing him to all the things he must not know if he thinks all of a certain religious group of people are evil and beyond redemption.

Men like this change when the people they rail against show through demonstration to him that they do have redeeming qualities.

Hatred, fears, prejudice and misconceptions and misperceptions don’t go away because you silence someone or punish someone they go away when you TEACH someone and ENLIGHTEN someone.

Personally I don’t fear people are going to start jumping off of bridges simply because some dysfunctional type or sadistic type thinker puts it on a website.

The question is why do so many of you fear people will start jumping off of bridges.

Sweeping an unpleasant truth under the rug is no way to deal with it; things only fester and get worse in the dark.

The place for such things is in the full light of day so that some of us with true compassion, love and wisdom can share it with a man who is obviously crying out and in desperate need of these things.

Most of you don’t want to actually be your Brother’s keeper, or your Brother’s helper, most of you border on wanting to be your Brother’s Judge, Jury, Jailer and Warden and frankly I see no discernable difference between this man’s intolerance of some people, and most of the people posting responses of their own intolerance of some people.

[edit on 13/10/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I went to the webste and checked it, the guy's an idiot. Apparently he posted the nuance statement in response to this as said on the webpage

P.S. It is a good thing I only made a prayer to my Lord. Below you will see a Orthodox Jewish rabbi &USA citizen actually incites mass genocide:

The Rabbi claimed his words were taken out of context,so I ask all not to take my prayer out of context it is merely a sincere plea to my Lord. I wonder if the Anti Defamation League will call the NYPD and Homeland Security on the Rabbi?

In my view both are idiots.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by December_Rain]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ken10
How do we know this "Former Jew" is not a Mossad agent stirring things up for the Muslims ?

What is the motto..........."By way of deception"

Ever heard of the phrase "Let's call a spade a spade"?

I doubt he's Mossad, otherwise this would've been discovered years ago. Sometimes people on this board get too Cassandra Complex for their own good, a converted Muslim can be a converted Muslim, and nothing else.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
I bet if someone said acid should be thrown in the face of all muslims, something would be done.

Typical of the religion of love and peace.

Line three.

"I bet if someone said acid should be thrown in the face of all muslims, something would be done."

People have said worse... this person is just a radical, no different than YouTube radicals from both sides (Jews and Muslims) calling for worse things to be done... and its on the Internet. It's freedom of speech, and its a double edged sword. I'm appalled that people want to limit free speech because they are offended by radicals on the Internet. Suck in your feelings and go about.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ken10
How do we know this "Former Jew" is not a Mossad agent stirring things up for the Muslims ?

What is the motto..........."By way of deception"

It's a little thing called 'the preponderance of the evidence'. There is no evidence to substantiate your mere speculation.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Must have thought god has Yahweh! messenger

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
As much as I disagree with what the man has written and stated, I do agree it is his right to state it. The right to freedom of speech is not a switch that can be turned on or off because it may or may not offend someone. It has to be for all inorder for it to be an effective right. By limiting the rights of one person on the grounds that the prayer may be offensive or calls for the death of one group of people, is a door that no one wants to go through. By doing such, then it opens up the courts to go through and review the websites and other parts, as well as, violating another of the First Admenment rights, the Freedom of Religion. Consider this, if the court case goes through and they demand that the web site shut down this guy, what is to stop say a mayor, or other elected official from using that to shut down, say a person who disagrees with them or to turn around and persecute another because they are of a different religion or belief than the elected official. People pray for all sorts of things and reasons, and we as a country with the right to do such, should not impede on those rights. I have read and heard worse, and like most normal people tend to ignore it, but if they do, then what is to stop people from sueing say Rev Wright for his sermons that are on the internet, where he states kill whitey, or any religious person who suggests killing of a particular group? It would break down the separation of church and state, and that can not be allowed.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

It would break down the separation of church and state, and that can not be allowed.

Unfortunately this has already been allowed, when students are not allowed to pray in school. But, that restriction is applauded by some, who will defend this guy.

I agree with you, otherwise. This nut's speech should be protected, just as diligently as the aforementioned student's. Sadly, it will not.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
People say all kinds of things. I know what he said was unproductive for the peace between the brothers of the same father, but the issue is that Fox news says we need the government to kiss our little hurt feelings and tuck us all safe and sound in our smelly bed full of half truths and apathy..... except for the terrorist, be afraid of them, but don't worryGov'ment is here to keep you safe, just do what your told.

"You do what you're told... THAT'S what you do!" - Cohagen Total Recall

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
How weird, it's sad how Jews and Muslims have become such enemies, they used to be good friends.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
I am very much surprised nothing is being done. Under the hate speech laws (I'm not a fan of those but I can definitely see the need for them in certain cases), it's not just 'acts of violence' that are federally prosecutable but the incitement to violence as well.

In other words, hate speech rhetoric that incited violence is prosecuted along with the actual act of hate-inspired violence.

You betcha! I sure wish somebody would do something about that.

Anti-Abortion Provocateur Takes Aim at Obama

bossip.files.wordpress.com...

blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com...

salsa.democracyinaction.org...

i.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Emerald The Paradigm
reply to post by sos37

There's no such thing as a "hate" speech.

It's all freedom of speech, and the person can say whatever he wants. It's his opinion.

It's this controlling factor that will lead to a direct re-enactment of the movie Minority Report where people are arrested for crimes they haven't yet done.

Well that's not true. If a man beats the crap out of a another man and gets caught and charged for it, the charge is aggravated assault. If the man is yelling "I hate homos!" while he's beating up the other guy (and the other guy is gay) then it becomes a federal hate crime and much more serious.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
firstly i'm not muslim

but what's with all the sarcasm on "the religion of peace"

as if your religions are better

christianity, islam and judaism are all violent religions
time to wake up people

is christianity the religion of peace?
"Kill babylon"?
babylon = modern day iraq where 85K people died?

come on man

all abrahamic religions are one in the same
just like presidents, same person different face

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I honestly have no problems with this man spouting his hateful rhetoric... freedom of speech doesn't protect the speech you like, it protects the speech you hate... that's the point.

That being said, it makes me feel a swell of pity due to the fact that this one, arguable nutjob, will do more to damage the name of Islam with his vitriol than the good that five honorable Imams could do combined. It's the unstable ones that get all the press, the normal ones are too busy just trying to live their lives. It's just really, really sad... these are the kinds of diatribes that wind up starting lop-sided and ultimately intellectually deficient threads on ATS, comparable to the ones based off blog sites used to villify Israel. Suppose in a way that therein lies the greatest tragedy of all.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I'm all in favor of free speech.

But when it's used to cover up hate speech I'm forced to think of restrictions.

This guy is plainly disturbed, and a threat to people in general, not just members of the Jewish faith.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
That's disgusting. Recently a muslim cleric said if the muslims lined all the Jews up and spit on them they would drown. I heard a three year say that Jews are pigs and dogs.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
Just for the sake of comparison, I'd like to point out that I've seen quite a few comments on this board over the years calling for various middle-Eastern countries &c to be flattened and turned to glass. If that kind of sentiment exists here, where we're meant to be denying ignorance, why should it come as a surprise that it happens anywhere else?

Ah, the old it's OK because the other guys did it too defense.

How about it's not OK if anybody does it?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
reply to post by ken10

good point.
i'm going to disagree with solomon, here, and say, "we don't know he's not a mossad agent trying to stir up trouble".

Because it is impossible to prove a negative ...

keep thinking on your feet, there, infowarrior.

I suggest you both try using your heads, instead.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
If someone tells you to jump off of a bridge are you going to do it?

[edit on 13/10/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

No, but there is plenty of evidence that muslims do act on this sort of thing when they are told to.

- suicide bombers
- Salmon Rushdie
- the Danish cartoon incident.
etc., etc.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
firstly i'm not muslim

but what's with all the sarcasm on "the religion of peace"

as if your religions are better

christianity, islam and judaism are all violent religions
time to wake up people

is christianity the religion of peace?
"Kill babylon"?
babylon = modern day iraq where 85K people died?

come on man

all abrahamic religions are one in the same
just like presidents, same person different face

This post is nothing but truisms.

The violence of Christianity happened many hundreds of years ago during the crusades (a response to muslim violence at that time) and the inquisition.

Been to different churches my whole life and never once heard ANYONE talk about killing babylon or anyone else for that matter.

[edit on 10/14/2009 by centurion1211]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join