It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Mass Delusion

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheIrvy
Just a thought, but what if all that bail out money that disappeared is going on building their escape space ship (or alternative escape plan)? Is that why the whole economy would be throuwn into turmoil if it was revealed where the money was going?

Research the United States black budget for the last 50 years, as well as the rumors of underground bases.

Much money has probably went into making sure a certain number of people survive this event. But they wont tell people until they have to. If you think alien disclosure would cause panic, what would the public knowledge of a incoming brown dwarf do?

Read ET_MAN's thread about all this. Ive found it excellent at putting together the big picture myself.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
aren't we all forgetting whats really important here...

nothing is real

your just arguing with yourselves

we're all delusional

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Skyfloating
I hereby promise that the world will not end in 2012...and if I was wrong, I´ll give you a million dollars.

I'll join you in that generous offering of $ 1 million if the world ends!

I do feel a bit sorry for people who are just waiting for this date. I know some people who are "weary" and looking forward to the "transformation" that will take place on that date. I can't imagine being them and waking up on Dec. 22.

I recently saw a show that talked about the calender. My guess is that the Mayans just didn't care about the year 2013 when they put the calender together. Just as we didn't care about anything after 1999 when we made all our forms and computerized date functions. Silly people!

Heck at this rate $1 million dollars will only buy you one slice of bread by 2012.

I second that but I might have to pay it in Euro's when the UK takes on that currency and the dollar is dropped by then, spare change anyways.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

BTW, the Hopi like to keep to themselves and have been revealing parts of their prophecy.

According to them the appearance of the blue star, Kachina, signifies the start of the great purification to last 7 years, and they have stated that comet Holmes was Kachina.

Comet Holmes did something which left scientists baffled when it suddenly began brightening, it exploded and became larger than Jupiter and brighter for some unexplained reason. It then even became larger than the Sun, and it's brightness increased a million times. This happened in 2007, and this event became visible with the naked eye.

Scientists speculated that sinkholes in the nucleus exposed ice to sunlight which caused it to expand. but the thing is that this didn't happen when Holmes was close to the Sun, it happened as holmes was leaving and was approaching Jupiter if I remember correctly.

Over several days astronomers using the Canada-France-Hawaii telescope on Mauna Kea watched the 2.2-mile-wide (3.5-kilometer-wide) cloud of dust surrounding the comet swell to become larger than the sun.

Later, closer looks at the high-resolution images revealed that the comet also sent fragments, each with their own dust clouds and icy tails, shooting away from the main body.

Altogether the extra material caused the comet to brighten by a million times in less than 24 hours—producing the largest known cometary outburst in history.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Anyway, according to the Hopi this was Kachina, the Blue Star, and it signified the beginning of the 7 year tribulation and purification.

They say another star will appear, but this time a red star. But coincidentally this purification will end about the same time that Holmes, which survived the event, will make it's way back to the Sun in 2014.

Anyway, some research would have shown you this. But instead you decided to label people who believe in prophecies, and called them narcissists, when it seems clear who the narcissits is when even scientific evidence is pointing to the fact that we are approaching an event which hasn't occurred for a very long time.

[edited for errors]

[edit on 16-10-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

There`s some amount of compassion I have for these people...this website alone features hundreds...because they are building their entire personal cosmology and lifestyle around something completelely artificial and empty.

I actually pity you. Not only did you not do any proper research but you are mirroring your own emptiness on others because of their beliefs.

But keep laughing, and calling people names because of their beliefs, it shows how compasionate and wise you are.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   

The Mayan Calender is one of thousands. And it does not end 2012.

As i said before the maya, and Hopi, who are one and the same do not say that the world will end on this day....

Read my responses, we are approaching a time of change, many things will change, and yes unfortunately there will be much suffering and death because of what is to come, even science itself is showing that the Earth, and even the entire Solar System is undergoing a dramatic change. Yes, things do change every minute, but there are times when certain events cause dramatic changes, and it coincides with the 7 years of tribulation that according to the Hopi started in 2007, and will continue until 2014.

Again, the world won't end, but everything is showing that there will be dramatic changes. Mankind has gone through similar dramatic changes in the past, and in those occasions we went through what is called population bottleneck.

[edited for errors]

[edit on 16-10-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
I, as most, have just "heard and read" that 2012 was on the Myan calander and mentioned by Nostradamus, etc. I look at the Myan calendar and see nothing more than "jibberish".

People keep repeating " the mayan calendar ends 2012". But not one of them will explain how they came to that conclusion. If anything they will provide a link but not explain it in their own words...

That's because they don't know and don't think critically. Most just drink the kool-aid of acceptance because they don't want to be viewed as a nutcase by asking simple questions. I say, "Nutcases of the world...Unite!"

What kind of insight did these people have anyhow. They create a calendar that no one can read and doesn't even have a bathing suit babe pictured. How dare them.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
*sigh*...when I said "goodbye" to this thread I had hoped it would die out.

I´ll be back with a rebuttal from the 2012-skeptics side shortly...thanks all for being so passionate about your views...

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I applaud you for your efforts but my applause does not constitute an endorsement of your views.

I was not very familiar with the dwarf-star/wormwood idea. Thanks for sharing.

Originally posted by ET_MAN
The pass of “Wormwood” a brown dwarf star, that is the event and MANY ancient civilizations have written about it. A few mentioned above in my previous reply.

I can see how your theory on a brown dwarf-star and all the prophecies surrounding it are more valid than 2012-prophecies (rather than connected to 2012).

I can assure you that the governments have long prepared and I can say this with 100% certainty. I cannot share all that I have/know at this time in documents/information for obvious reasons.

Back in the day when I was a conspiracy-fringe-writer I used that tactic too. When evidence was lacking I said: "I know it but cannot share all the data right now".

I would tell you that earth and all species are continually going through changes due to energy exchange/fields on a everyday basis coming from both within this universe and higher/lower dimensions right here on earth. I would tell you that all things happening are not based on the center of the Milky Way galaxy alone.

This is true and obvious to most of us...but has nothing to do with 2012.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   

(Response to "Future-not-Fixed") From human understanding/perspective/perception perhaps it’s not but from a higher perspective I can assure you it is.

From our understanding the future is not fixed and from a higher one it doesnt even exist.

You are viewing things from a “Finite” human perspective/perception/understanding- try to think a little “Deeper” out of the box when it comes to “Time” which is simultaneously happening from an eternal perspective

Check out my older thread "You and Infinity" and you`ll see that I am not as narrow minded as that.

The excessively long narrative in your post explaining "finite" and "infinite" time to do is superflous.

Most of them are too long to get into but you can do a search on them. The “Our Lady Of Fatima Prophecy” Veronica Lueken Prophecy: Padrio Pio: Prophecy Brigham Young Prophecy: David Jevons Prophecy: The Grail Message Edgar Cayce Ramatis Egyptian, Native American Prophecies, The Hopi, Islam Prophecy, Kolbrin Bible, Jewish, Marry Summer Rain, Sun Bear James J. Hurtak, PHD (prophecy) Nostradamus (some of his predictions coincide) Mother Shipton, Father Malachi Martin The list goes on and I will leave it at that for now!

Most of these prophecies dont even come close to referring to 2012. Some of them give entirely different dates...

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkangle2bad
2012 which involves many fields of science and prophesies, spiritual, and traditions of people and much more.

2012 was invented by a few gentlemen tripped out on psychedelics.

This is about known facts. Some are scientific facts, accepted by the scientific establishment.

The special significance of December 21st 2012 has not been proposed by any scientific committee or organization or press release. At all.

Other facts are simply the reported beliefs and predictions of famous people and peoples- Edgar Cayce, Nostradamus, Ramtha, Albert Einstein, and the Mayan Indians- to name a few.

Edgar Cayce, Nostradamus and Albert Einstein make no mention at all of 2012. EVER.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegagefather
Yea, you're right, the fact that the Mayan's religious beliefs had them killing a small amount of their own people they must not have been as enlightened as we are.

OH WAIT A SECOND

That's right, our religious beliefs justify mass murder of people we don't even fully understand.

Cool post, mod.

Huh? Where did I say I think our own mass-murderings are OK??? You could have saved yourself the rest of your lengthy post because I never said that and dont believe that.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paroxysm
I disagree. The premise of the thread was calling all who believe in prophecy/predictions of coming future events (this certainly includes you ET_MAN) DELUSIONAL.

This thread is mainly about 2012-ers. Not about ALL prophecy...although most have truy failed to come true.

Long-term prophecy is problematic wheras personal pre-cognition is more realistic.

There is no reason for SkyFloating to have started this thread without thoroughly researching things himself beforehand

Ive read a few books from the 2012-ers side. I highly doubt that any of you have read many 2012-skeptical books.

he can just stay out of the 2012 forum for now.

...and the usual call for dissenting views to stay away.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I know 100% certainty of this event

If there really is 100% certainty, you`ll be willing to bet money on it. I am willing to engage in such a wager with you.

Please respond so that we can exchange a contract by mail.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
What is your need to call people narcissits for their belief's?

Misrepresentation of the OP. I called people claiming themselves to be superior "Indigo" Children narcisstic.

What is surprising in this new Ulysses discovery is that the amount of stardust has continued to increase even after the solar activity calmed down and the magnetic field resumed its ordered shape in 2001.

yeah...that may or may not become a problem. Earth is constantly under some kind of cosmic influence and sometimes even threat.

Perhaps you should have done some research before claiming all of this is nonsense.

I read your post with interest.

I applaud you because its the first post which seems to have some scientific merit.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

B
This is the video with Michu Kaku talking about what could possibly happen in 2012. There are more possibilities of course.

www.youtube.com...

I appreciate Michio Kaku, but keep in mind that prior to 2000 and also prior to 1900 there were also many thousands of scientists and pseudo-scientists talking about "what could possibly happen".

I´d prefer them talking about what is most likely to happen.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dannyfal
aren't we all forgetting whats really important here...

nothing is real

your just arguing with yourselves

we're all delusional

First meta-true statement of the thread.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

BTW, the Hopi like to keep to themselves and have been revealing parts of their prophecy.

This thread is not about Hopi prophecy. Neither is Hopi prophecy about 2012. It is of a distinctly different quality than "mayan" "prophecy".

some research would have shown you this

Misrepresentation. I am familiar with the Hopi.

But instead you decided to label people who believe in prophecies, and called them narcissists

Misrepresentation. I called Indigo Children narcissistic.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I actually pity you

I applauded you for the research and information you posted previously. But I always wondered why the lunatic fringe always has to resort to ad hominem attacks if someone questions their beliefs.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

As i said before the maya, and Hopi, who are one and the same do not say that the world will end on this day....

Good, someone admits it. Now expain that to all of these other posters here.

and it councides with the 7 years of tribulation that acording to the Hopi started in 2007, and will continue until 2014.

2007, 2008 and 2009 have been fantastic. My Business has been going well and Ive been travelling to different parts of the world enjoying the beauty all around. Despite ATSers warnings.

Certainly we`re in less tribulation thatn 1939-1945, wouldnt you think?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join