It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Mass Delusion

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheIrvy
Nothing at all to suggest that there could be changes up ahead, nope, absolutely none at all. [/irony]

In this thread Ive been emphasizing that we have been and will continue to go through changes. In my opinion the new age started in the 20th Century and started for real with the 21st Century.

This has nothing to do with the 2012-cult.

I did not say we are not going through changes. Anyhwere. At all.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith

I can't help but wonder how many cults are going to 'suicide' themselves before the 2012 date is up

Devils Advocate:

Would the world be worse off with such people eradicated from the genetic pool? If there are cults that do this, I would say that it's simply Darwinism in full effect.

I find it humorous that people re-brand gullibility as a form of new age intellectualism and/or open mindedness. That act in itself speaks volumes!

Skyfloating put it so well when he stated it to be a hollow belief system... but on second thoughts, perhaps it cannot be considered hollow when it is full of foolishness.

IRM

[edit on 14/10/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
What would be nice after reading a while on ATS and other 'alternative' sites , is that the 'law of attraction' or Karmic balance comes into play, think about it, a HUGE number of people all believing the stories and rumors about 2012, as there is going to be MORE hype about 2012 than about 2000 IMO, even Hollywood is jumping on the 2012 bandwagon with its upcoming film imaginatively entitled '2012'.

Yeah. I think 2012 might be an attempt to engineer/create a certain reality articially (by getting many to believe it). I dont think they will mobilize enough people to buy into it though.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I am preparing for disaster.

To live a positive, wholesome life, always prepare for the best.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
What if what they mean is the world reality as you know it will end.

Monetary
Philosophy
Social
Religious
Scientific

What will the naysayers say when this becomes a full blown reality? Will they try to explain it away as nonsense?

Take for example: Many still believe Kennedy was killed by a crazed lone gunmen Lee Harvey Oswald

Many still believe 911 was not an inside job and was orchestrated solely by Al Qaeda and the Taliban.

Many still think WTC 7 was struck by left over 757 perfectly collapsing it by a few small fires

Nobody is denying that consciousness is changing on a global-scale. This is not specifically linked to 2012 though.

This is linked to the dawning of a new age as exemplified by the Industrial Revolution, the Information-Age and the re-Spiritualization of mass-consciousness.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I was taught in school that the Egyptians built the pyramids, and nobody mentioned that we have no clue how they did it.

I dont buy into the official school version of reality that says the Egyptians built the Pyramids.

But just because I buy into some fringe realities, does not mean I have to buy into all of them.

Make sense?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Those are the "Gods" I called "lower-astral-entities" in another thread of mine you recently participated in.

They are about as benign as the Ori you are sporting in your Avatar.

Yes, I remember. Since we too are operating in all the astral and further realms then what we come across, and the roles we play, will also be found in physicality. But you know this already. Benign and it's opposite are difficult concepts based in value judgement, human value judgement, so they have no real place other than what we give it.

Sorry, I had to
Not Ori, just an old druid.

There is much less happening than from 1912 - 1950.

Excellent. I haven't researched previous to when I began to observe back in the late 90's, doesn't mean what we are seeing over the past few years is not a build up to something else major. I suppose the next little quiet patch will look quite dull in comparison.

If Sitchin is correct, and therefore my old mentor also, then what we have been seeing these past 10 years or so should be the result of an incoming Nibiru (if it exists). The dear old lady told me a couple of years back she had been reworking the mathematics provided in the tablets and had come to 2011 as the next year of the crossing. But as usual, I reserve my opinion on that, waiting to see, lol.

Also, it could simply be the effects of closing in on the galactic central plane as we do every 30 million years or so. These are times when the earth delves into far more dangerous waters and when extinction level events have occured in the past, although they have also happened in other phases of the cycle.

There are disasterous events of great upheaval every year on this planet. Every year. Did you see what happened with the Tsunami on Samoa a few weeks ago?

These are not small events even if many here only see them from a distance on the news. Remember what happened 9/11?

There is stuff happening every year. You may have visions of them. But none of it is specifically linked to 2012 as far as I can tell.

Look at the past two weeks alone. Pretty major build-up going on where the plates are sticking. Sure there have been some large magnitude releases and many smaller ones but the problem lay with the sticking in other parts of the moving plates where pressure is building. A big'un near New Zealand should fairly soon to start free another small part of the plates.

September 11 was an event. Man made too. Just goes to show you can't trust those who pull the strings. Admittedly not small events, but in the scheme of things the Twin Towers event was small fry compared to even the latest Samoan earthquake and tsunami.

What made it huge for everyone was two things; it was the first time ever mainland USA had experienced attack, whether from within it's borders or not, and, Media coverage the likes we have not seen since the moon landing, maybe.

Yes, visions can be rather personal, even when they are specific on events and dates. While I do understand probability and possibility with what comes from the Akasha, I must go with what to me is proven ground. I seek not to convince you, but moreso for you maybe to go and look there too if you would like to know the tendencies within the flow.

(Of course there is always the possibility that I am completely ignorant)

I would not suggest it, and neither should you unless you jest.

Thank you for the conversation Sky, it gave the old brain something to work on till it drops off to sleep in.... 3, 2, 1

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not sure ET_Man will agree with all of your skepticism!

According to this the world isn't going to actually end but major climate changes will kill half of the worlds population. This will happen on 11 October 2011.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

S&F for a great thread on the 2012 controversity. I believe in balance in all ideas and theories. You have provided that here on this subject. I, as most, have just "heard and read" that 2012 was on the Myan calander and mentioned by Nostradamus, etc. I look at the Myan calendar and see nothing more than "jibberish".

I had accepted that "the experts" had examined this "jibberish" and concured that 2012 was in fact "the last entry" on the calendar . You have, at least, offered some caution where none existed before. We ATS'ers should be aware of how many dates have been predicted on this site for about everything under the sun. These predictions almost always end up not happening on or even near the date predicted. However, as soon as we acknowledge the failure, we have a new prediction pop up to replace the now defunct one, to consider.

I have a word for us all..."reflection". Lets all reflect on this and see if we might find truth in the future. Sometimes the best way to handle these "predictions" is to place them in the data base as a remote possibility, then strive to gather facts, before we are "set in stone" on our beliefs. Belief should be based on critical analysis, not blind faith.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I don,t understand you, you read up all the information like the rest of us, if you are not interested why do you bothe to study it? then you put it down as something not important.
There are many theories ,are they true?, are they false,? they are theories, we don,t know but they say if you are prepared, then you have an advantage,
You hear of an earthquake , or a hurricane , do YOU say well i have not seen it so i think its not true, NO you act on it, those that don,t , well you see stories in the news of xyz people died in an event that happened at such a time at this location. maybe had they had acted on info they would still be alive today.
Columbus by using an almanack made ignorant people aware of a solar eclipse that was soon to appear, the almanacs were written by wise people , as many ancient works, Do we know more than them, can we in this day of modern technology produce a pyramid?,
All i say is this, if you know something, then you can choose direction , be kept ignorant and we press on as usual.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Nobody is denying that consciousness is changing on a global-scale. This is not specifically linked to 2012 though.

So you're fine with the notion that everything around is may be about to change, you just take issue with the notion that the survivors of the last major change might have any kind of insight to it, or may have made any attempt to let future generations know about it so that they could be prepared, or that their advanced astrological knowledge, which we're still catching up on, may have allowed them any kind of insight to when it would happen.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

So you're fine with the notion that everything around is may be about to change, you just take issue with the notion that the survivors of the last major change might have any kind of insight to it, or may have made any attempt to let future generations know about it so that they could be prepared, or that their advanced astrological knowledge, which we're still catching up on, may have allowed them any kind of insight to when it would happen.

You missed one...
So you are fine with the notion that certain "experts" take advantage of the hype and resultant fear, wite a book, create a "subscription for sale" web site and otherwise make big bucks on people's paranoia?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
That's always going to happen. Where there's a sniff of fear or uncertainty, you will always have plenty of people lining up to make money off it. Does that mean that it's all made up nonsense?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TheIrvy

Of course not.
Blind faith, however,IS nonsense.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Just as is blind faith that there's nothing in 2012. Blind faith that a missed asteroid won't wipe us all out. Blind faith that Yellowstone won't erupt and take out most of America with it. Blind faith that some jumped up world leader doesn't decide to mark his reign by being the first nation to launch a nuclear strike. Blind faith that a falling satellite won't land on your house tonight while you sleep and kill everyone inside. Blind faith that you can cross the road without getting hit by a passing bus.

Dec 21 2012 isn't some mystical date where hell is unleashed on earth, it's a marker of which solstice coincides with the same events that took place at the start of the calendar. The Mayan calendar doesn't call for blind faith, it's just ticking along and charting the time between the calendar's start and the next time that the clock goes all the way around and back to zero, charting the time between 1 major astrological event until the next time it occurs.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TheIrvy

Whew, we do go on, don't we? Take a deep breath and relax, we got a couple years, right?

While you are relaxing...just look at this and point to Dec 21, 2012 for me.

www.the2012countdown.com...

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Imagine that it had been winter for the past 3000 years. Year round snow covered the earth. Off in some remote part of the world, ancient stone monoliths told their fables about how the ground used to be soft, how the land used to be green, and the sun was so warm that the snow melted to water. They told of how, instead of snow falling from the sky, water fell to earth instead.

From our perspective, of knowing nothing but winter for generation after generation, it would be easy to dismiss those stone tablets as fairy tales and nonsense. We know the sun isn't hot enough to melt the snow, and as for this grass nonsense, well, they made up all kinds of nonsense back then.

The tablets tell of a time, long in the future from their perspective, when the snow would once again clear and summer would appear. We'd dismiss it as nonsense, what could their primitive understanding of science possibly teach us. We know that it's always winter, it's always been winter for as far back as records go. There is no summer, it's just a myth requiring blind faith.

And even when winter finally started to give way to spring, we'd still not believe it. We'd blame global warming, all those fires all over the planet keeping us warm, it was all our fault. And in amongst all the crazy hippie who believed in some mystical summer time, our governments would lay on the guilt, blaming us for this natural disaster that was causing our beautiful snow to melt, and they'd charge us up the wazzoo to pay for their attempts to refreeze the planet.

You can rest on your conceit that nothing can change because you don't believe in it, whilst all around you, things are really starting to get a little bit wet. You listen to the charismatic speakers on the tv telling of how a glorious summer is coming, but you ignore them. You listen to the calamytists who claim that we're all going to die when all the snow melts and drowns us all, but you ignore them too. You sit back in your igloo and relax, knowing that as sure as ice is ice, this will all still be here in 30 years time. There's no summer, that's for idiots and doomsayers.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TheIrvy

Ok. Here is "my blind faith": I believe the Myan calendar we identify, is meerly part I of a "calendar of the ages" and that part I ended with Dec 21, 2012, because there was no more space on the rock to continue. The part II calendar [now lost) picked up with the aforementioned Dec 21, 2012 and continued on from there. Hey, I think I'll write a book!

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
OK, I think you need to read up on how the Mayan calendars work. It's not like the calendar you have on your wall. As you can see from the picture you posted, it's circular, wheels within wheels.

It's start point, which we'll call 0000, marks our entry into this hemisphere of the galaxy. It charts the duration of earth's stay in that hemisphere, and when the calendar has gone through all it's possible positions, it will eventually move around to 9999, and then click over to 0000 again.

The calendar charts time between those 2 events, our entry into this hemisphere, our time in it, and then when we will leave it and go back to the opposite hemisphere, where we can assume everything turns the opposite way, the same mechanics that we see in all N/S magnetic fields.

It's not a calendar in the sense that we have a calendar on our fridge to let us know when to leave the trash out. This is another problem that we all share, myself included. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. We look at the mysteries of the universe and try to explain them with our limited understanding, and proudly assume that we're where it's at in the universe, everything revolves around us, and we are the pinnacle of achievement in the universe, the jewel in God's crown.

What is happening is happening, the evidence is all around you. You can laugh at those who've got the wrong end of the stick and misunderstood, you can point at those who'd try to cash in on anything as they scramble for money, you can watch as our money based economy finally over stretches itself and can never pull itself back to it's original shape and deny that it's all happening, but sure as spring follows winter, the snow is melting and it's happening. It was always going to happen, and it will happen again. Deny it all you want, refuse to believe it all you want. You cannot stop nature.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

* The Collision of the planet "Nibiru" with earth was originally predicted for the year 2003. Marketing-tricksters have only recently changed that to 2012 in order to match the mass-hysteria.

actually it should been in 2002. so you got 1 year wrong

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join