It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Two Jehovahs of Psalm 110

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

the bible (god's revelation to man about himself) is very clear. One Jehovah, one son.

--

hehe pretty shovenistic , this is where the trinity is needed ,
no matter how much you ejaculate on clay you ´ll always need the holy spirit for the son to appare.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
hehe pretty shovenistic , this is where the trinity is needed ,
no matter how much you ejaculate on clay you ´ll always need the holy spirit for the son to appare.

how inappropriate....

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

sorry just had to ,

it was not intened as a de rail but more a pun,

just as much in jesus birth there had to be a both partys inorder for son (third) to be born ,
two "holy spirits" dont make son

just as in Gods creation both are needed when creation is made, you can use all the clay in the world yet you need the holy spirit for it to become son.

dad mom
son

let us make man in our image

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565

sorry just had to ,

it was not intened as a de rail but more a pun,

just as much in jesus birth there had to be a both partys inorder for son (third) to be born ,
two "holy spirits" dont make son

just as in Gods creation both are needed when creation is made, you can use all the clay in the world yet you need the holy spirit for it to become son.

dad mom
son

let us make man in our image

sorry, still fail to see the relevance

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Just so you know, the two Jehova's thing is just a theory and I thought it would make for a good discussion. Also, for your theory on "One Jehovah" who is "One God" I have to use scripture we see often on these threads....

John 1:1-3

"In the beginning was the Word. And the Word was with God and the Word was God."

And your special NWT

"In the beginning was the Word. And the Word was with God and the Word was a god."

Either way, is shows that the Word.... who we both agree to be Jesus Christ... is a God. Even my theory of the "God Family" can explain the "One God" idea and still allow Jesus to be God as well as the Father.

Jesus Elohim and Father Elohim.

If you hold on to the "One God" idea, Jesus couldn't be a God at all. And I'm speaking of authoritive God, not the "god of this world" Satan. There could be only one God in authority yet Jesus and the Father share authority.. grant you the Father is higher in that authority.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Locoman8
Either way, is shows that the Word.... who we both agree to be Jesus Christ... is a God. Even my theory of the "God Family" can explain the "One God" idea and still allow Jesus to be God as well as the Father.

ok... to clear up confusion...

what is your definition of the word "god"

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
In the NWT it says in john 1:1 In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.

How many Gods do you have here ? I count two.

If the NWT claims that Jesus and Jahovah are not equal then why does the NWT say in John 10: 30 I and the Father are one.”

The NWTs translation must be wrong.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The letter J wasn't invented till the late 1500's so what is the real name of this Jehovah?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
You could say that the Latinized written word for the Hebrew spoken word Yahweh is Yahowah. Pronounced "Jehovah",

But Hebrew's do not speak the word Yahweh either. They say the word Adonai.
It means LORD.

They get the spoken word Yahweh from from adding vowels to the letters YHWH

In the Latin language the word "Jehovah" is not really a word and has no meaning at all.

The word is a Hebrew word and the word is YHWH , which is a Hebrew verb that means "TO BE"

YHWH consists of three.

YHWH the father
YHWH the son
YHWH the holy spirit

G-D is a TRIUNE being. And the Bible is prof.

Man is also a triune being consisting of three.

Body
Mind
Spirit

I hope this helps you a little.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
In the NWT it says in john 1:1 In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.

How many Gods do you have here ? I count two.

you are correct. there are actually many gods.

this makes sense since "god" simply means "mighty one"

even satan is referred to as a god. (2cor 4:4)

If the NWT claims that Jesus and Jahovah are not equal then why does the NWT say in John 10: 30 I and the Father are one.”

The NWTs translation must be wrong.

the NWT doesnt make that claim. ALL bibles make that claim

john 14:[28] Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
KJV

jesus said that he and his father were "one" with respects to unity, not physical oneness.

john 17:[20] Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
[21] That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
[22] And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them;that they may be one, even as we are one:

jesus is obviously not saying that his servants are one individual. he compares their oneness with that between him and his father.

it obvious that when jesus said "I and the father are one", that he was referring to unity, not them being the same person.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The NWT does indeed say in John-10:30 that he and the father are one.

www.watchtower.org...

The NWT also says,

Matthew 4:1

1 Then Jesus was led by the spirit up into the wilderness to be tempted by the Devil.

Mark 1:12

12 And immediately the spirit impelled him to go into the wilderness. 13 So he continued in the wilderness forty days, being tempted by Satan, and he was with the wild beasts, but the angels were ministering to him.

Luke 4:1-2

1 Now Jesus, full of holy spirit, turned away from the Jordan, and he was led about by the spirit in the wilderness 2 for forty days, while being tempted by the Devil

How did the devil tempt Jesus ?

Luke 4: 5-7 says,

5 So he brought him up and showed him all the kingdoms of the inhabited earth in an instant of time; 6 and the Devil said to him: “I will give you all this authority and the glory of them, because it has been delivered to me, and to whomever I wish I give it. 7 You, therefore, if you do an act of worship before me, it will all be yours.”

In Luke 4:8 Jesus says,

8 In reply Jesus said to him: “It is written, ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’”

Then the Devil said,
Luke 4:9-11

9 Now he led him into Jerusalem and stationed him upon the battlement of the temple and said to him: “If you are a son of God, hurl yourself down from here; 10 for it is written, ‘He will give his angels a charge concerning you, to preserve you,’ 11 and, ‘They will carry you on their hands, that you may at no time strike your foot against a stone.

Jesus then replied,

Luke 4: 12
12 In answer Jesus said to him: “It is said, ‘You must not put Jehovah your God to the test.

In conclusion Luke 4: 13 says,
13 So the Devil, having concluded all the temptation, retired from him until another convenient time.

If Matthew 4:1, Mark 1:13, and Luke 4:2 are correct in saying that Jesus was tempted by the Devil,
Why then would Jesus reply back to the devil saying, " You must not put Jehovah your god to the test"?

Who was the devil tempting, Jesus or Jehovah?

One can only imply that Jesus was referring to himself as Jehovah?

If Jesus was not referring to himself as Jehovah why wouldn't he have said," You must not put the SON OF GOD to the test"?

If Jesus was not referring to himself as Jehovah ,why did he use the word YOUR GOD ?.
Is Jehovah the god of the Devil and not Jesus?

If Jesus was not referring to himself as Jehovah, Why didn't he use the words OUR GOD or MY GOD?

Matthew, Mark and Luke all claim that Jesus was tempted by the Devil. Luke then goes on to say that Jesus told the Devil "YOU MUST NOT PUT JEHOVAH YOUR GOD TO THE TEST"
Either Matthew, Mark, and Luke are lying about the Devil tempting Jesus (which they clearly are not) or Jesus is lying referring to himself as Jehovah!(Which he wouldn't do if it were not true) It can't be both! How can anyone believe any part the NWT if Matthew, Mark, Luke, and Jesus are lying? The answer must be that they are all indeed correct.
Jesus is Jehovah, and he was tempted by the Devil.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
When Jesus said that my Father is "Greater" than I, he was referring to position not nature. If he were referring to nature he would have used the term "Better"

Ex. You may be greater than I in your position at work, But you are not better than me. We are equal in importance.

Why do people that follow the NWT always try to quote from the KJV.

If the NWT is true, why not quote from it, and not the KJV?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Not to hammer away at the JWs but,

How come the watchtower's organization Awake! August 22,1978 issue
Refers to Jehovah God as the "ALPHA AND OMEGA".

Then in their issue of the Watchtower October 1, 1978 page 15
they Refer to Jesus Christ as the "ALPHA AND OMEGA".

correct me if I a wrong, but can their be more than one "ALPHA AND OMEGA"?

These are the same people that say their translation of the bible is a the true translation.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

ἐν ἀρχῇ ἦν ὁ λόγος, καὶ ὁ λόγος ἦν πρὸς τὸν θεόν, καὶ θεὸς ἦν ὁ λόγος.

When God made language, it meant everything, it would be the beginning of God-hood, and it was the God-head. Stepping forth in human form, for with perfect understanding of language, you can create the perfect being. From analysing all the CCAA CCAA AAGT CAGT TCCT CGCT ATGT AACA CACA TCTT GGCT TTGT AACA GTGT TCCT AGCT CAGA sequences, order it into language, modules, extensions, systems, skills etc. and through bio-chemistry being able to not only copy, but also reprogram, develop, and change the

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
It wears me out....
All the time...

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Hi NeoChristian--

As your Koine Greek Quote clearly states (technically gramatically speaking):

"In the Beginning was the Logos and the Logos was with God, and the Logos WAS A GOD"

So the opening of the 4th gospel (whoever wrote it) might well have been saying that the Logos was also a GOD as YHWH was a GOD sort of like Metathrone (the 'little YHWH') aka The Word, which he seemed to have used as a term for the Messiah of the Jews and may or may not have identfied this LOGOS (as Philo of Alexandria did, who wrote in the same area s the 4th gospel, i.e Egypt) with the figure of Chokhma (the so-called 'Wisdom' Goddess of Proverbs 8:22) i.e. seen as a SEPARATE GOD used by YHWH to create the universe.

YHWH owned me from the beginning of his doings
before his works of ancient days
for I was established from eternity
yea I was birthed from the very Beginning,
before the earth ever existed !

I was there before the depths came to be,
when there were no fountains abounding with water,
Yea, I came forth before the mountains were made
before the hills were set up
Even before he made the land,
nor the fields,
nor the highest part of the mounds of the earth !

When he stretched out the heavens, I was there:
I existed when he set a compass upon the face of Tehom.
When he established the clouds above:
when he girded the fountains of the deep
When he gave to the sea his decree,
that the waters should not pass their set limits !

I was near at his side when he appointed the foundations of the earth
even as one of his children:
and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him
and frolicking in the habitable parts of his earth;
but my own delights were with the sons of Adam !

or even Proverbs 9:5 ('Come drink the wine that I have mixed and eat the bread [I have kneaded]')

Whether the author of Psalm 110 had Chockmah in mind when he used the term 'adonoi' (my Lord the king)

e.g. YHWH said to my lord (the king), sit down until I have made your enemies your footstool !

or not is another question...but Judaeism never really rid itself of polytheism even after Ezra's radical 'monotheistic' reforms post 430 BC, and we still hear of 'thr gods' in the Dead Sea literature and in the mediaeval Kaballah as well...

This latent-polytheism in Judaeism (e.g. Genesis chapter 1 'Let US make man in OUR image after OUR likeness' etc.seems to have infected both Philo of Alexandria and the slightly later author of the 4th gospel who seems to have been influenced by Egyptian mysticism...

Food for thought anyway...

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sigismundus
GOD sort of like Metathrone (the 'little YHWH') aka The Word,

Fyi.: Enoch turned angel became Metatron and lead Israel under Mosjeh through Dudael, has a thousand wings and a thous'nd more 'yes and horns at a dusin der feathersr. Cool, we nonnie need dim!

:putnam:

[edit on 26/10/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

Neo Anglikan Poetry bros!

Spittin' out Dawn love, and Johnny be Goode...

[edit on 26/10/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic
It wears me out....
All the time...

I don't understand? What wears you out? The fact that people post statements without first researching their claim. Or people always try to correct people that don't research their claim?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

Why do people that follow the NWT always try to quote from the KJV. If the NWT is true, why not quote from it, and not the KJV?

Because online it takes away 1 level of false and inaccurate statements that are constantly used against scripture.

This is why I always quote from many different bibles, when I quote scripture online I often look at 10 or 15 different versions, the one that puts across the point the best is the one I use. And maybe 10% of the time it is the NWT. All bibles have value.

For example

2 Timothy 3: 16,17 God's Word Translation

16 Every Scripture passage is inspired by God. All of them are useful for teaching, pointing out errors, correcting people, and training them for a life that has God's approval. 17 They equip God's servants so that they are completely prepared to do good things.

As for John 1:1 it's interesting how Strong's defines the Greek.

2316. theos

God, a god
Original Word: θεός
Transliteration: theos
Phonetic Spelling: (theh'-os)

Then when you talk to Greek speaking trinitarians from Greece they won't and don't use John 1:1. Why? Because they know the Greek does not support the trinity to them in that particular scripture. They do of course use all the other scriptures that seem to support their belief structure on the trinity.

So if the Greek person who believes in the trinity can't use it, that tells me "a god" is the correct way for the Greek to be interpreted.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by Blue_Jay33]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join