It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Two Jehovahs of Psalm 110

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Chester Beatty P46 ?

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11/1/2009 by TheRedneck]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I'll be back after lunch.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11/1/2009 by TheRedneck]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

Still, no Greek codex from the second century is known, merely fragments are known from before fourth century. If you refer to en.wikipedia.org... this is a fragment from the GOSPEL of John, and evthough it's age is probably older than the oldest complete Greek NT, it has nothing to do with 1John. Besides, what makes you think the epistles of John were made by the same person as the author of the Gospel of John?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
I'll be back after lunch.

If I was your boss and learned that you sit on ATS writing crap during work hours and then leave for lunch just to come back afterwards and continue discussing, I would fire you (pun intended), and advice you to get help for possible internet addiction.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

Lol, it's Sunday, and he must be in the Atlantic time zone.

Hey Olive are you a "Kitchen Christian" no church services for you?

Anyways in the west here, I am off to my morning services.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Yes, it strik' me after I had posted it, but many people work on Sundays, so I didn't edit it.

Me myself, I don't go to church other than in burials or marriages and the like, but my parish' priest has invited me home to discuss Kabalah and Talmud, the Bible and it's Kind, so I guess he doesn't Mind. That I lay heHind....

[edit on 1/11/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Its a known fact that the manuscript that dates most closely to the original autograph is p 52. It was copied around 125 AD. within 35 years of the original.

Can we at least agree on this.?

fragments of john 18, coversation between pilot and jesus. whats that have to do with the comma?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33

Hey Olive are you a "Kitchen Christian" no church services for you?

I observe the Sabbath.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I lost my train of thought but The point I was trying to make was this. It doesnt really matter how old the original manuscripts are as long as they remain close to the original Autographs.The original manuscripts that contain the Comma remain consistante with the original Autographs.

Yes you are right. The Codex Sinaiticus and the Codex Vaticanus were the first to contain whole new testiments dated 350 AD

The ones I descibed were peices and fragments.

But this is weird,

in 180 AD translations were being made into Latin,Syriac, and Coptic.

And in 195 The first translation of the complete OT and the NT were made into Latin.(Old Latin)

Thats 155 years before the Codex Sinaiticus and the Codex Vaticanus, which Westcott & Hort

bases their interpretation on.( Alexandrian Text)

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

It doesnt really matter how old the original manuscripts are as long as they remain close to the original Autographs.The original manuscripts that contain the Comma remain consistante with the original Autographs.

lol

your not getting it.

how can you say that the comma is faithful to the original "autographs" when it doesnt appear ANYWHERE before the 13th century?

it is not quoted anywhere, it is not written anywhere untill 1200 years after the original writings.

what possible proof do you have that this scripture is authentic.

none.....

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I observe the Sabbath.

Good for you. Appart from your terrible 'source criticism' (look it up) you have many times shown an incredible ability to find parallells and normally understand the texts you refer to in detail. However, the language of the Bible is easilly falsified, and the PTB have added and subtracted words and verces of that Book since it first surfaced. The Roman Catholic Church has a long tradition of forging documents to fit their agenda up through the ages. Take the 'Donation of Constantine' for instance, which basically is a supposed will of emperor Constantine the Great who, according to the will, gives his Roman Empire to the Catholic Church. This was quite useful for the Church when they figured out they'd take over Europe and then the World.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

Miriam,

Please do me a favor and do some research on a little old man named Father Tertullian who lived from 160 to 220 AD.

He Wrote treatises on theology. In his work He quotes the Comma From the bible he gave sermons from. Well documented.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Miriam,

Please do me a favor and do some research on a little old man named Father Tertullian who lived from 160 to 220 AD.

Tertullianus. The man who invented the Trinity. Great!

Praetera Cenceo Khartaginem est Delendam!

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I guess it all boils down to 2 choices

Westcott & Hort or the Textus Receptus as far as translation goes.

But interpretation of these is what counts. Thats why I choose the later.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

No you must concider ALL copies and translations. No one copyist or printer shall have concencus for what's CORRECT and whats not. The word-serpent if it is the true Word copper one will withstand source critisism and what most people refer to as eternal torture in Hell. The Word is Owr kind of Serpent anyway.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil[Please do me a favor and do some research on a little old man named Father Tertullian who lived from 160 to 220 AD.

He Wrote treatises on theology. In his work He quotes the Comma From the bible he gave sermons from. Well documented.

tertullian would have killed to have a scripture like the comma, unfortunately he didnt.

the closest reference to 1 john 5:7 is in "De Baptismo" and it is in reference to baptism, not the trinity.

By the benediction we have the same mediators
of faith as we have sureties of salvation. That number of the
divine names of itself suffices for the confidence of our hope.
Yet because it is under the charge of three that profession of faith
and promise of salvation are in pledge, there is a necessary addi-
tion, the mention of the Church: because where there are the
three, the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, there is the
Church, which is a body of three.

so try again.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

westcott and hort was a compliation.

so is the textus receptus.

westcott and hort went for the older transcripts, textus receptus derives from the majority texts.

you must be proud to follow the textus receptus, but you still fail to see that you are only following what you WANT to follow.

not only does the dating of the comma smash its credibility, but the context of the bible does too.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Tertullianus was the author of words like trinitas (Trinity) and sacramentum (Sacrament) and was one of the greatest satans of the Gnostics and Marcionists.

In 'Adversus Praxean' (Against Praxeas) Tertulianus formulates the Trinity(TM). In 'De praescriptione haereticorum' (Of the heretics rule) and in 'Adversus Marcionem' (Against Marcion) he condemns Gnosticism og Marcionism and lays out strategies to demolish them (by seamingly Machiavellian means BTW, for instance by enforcing Trinity teachings which would automatically be refuted by Gnosticism etc.).

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Look, regardless of what You believe or What I believe about the comma is irrelevant in proving the trinity.The Comma is not the end all be all in determining weather or not the trinity is real.
It just puts all three in the same verse.

The important thing is to recognize all three for what they are.
The Father, The Son, and the Holy Ghost. (I believe them to be one) Either by using received text or critical Text.

Whether you use the "Received Text" or the "Critical Text" one thing remains the same. All text families are doctrinally orthodox.

There is no evil translations or good translations they are just translations.

The problem is when Organizations (Catholic Church, Watchtower,Mormons,ect )
Put their own little twist on them.

I have never stepped foot in a church with a desire to learn about G-d

My personal beliefs are based on after reading many books including the NWT, and Book of Mormon( thats another story) I came to a conclusion that the Received Text was what G-d intended, thus being the KJV.

I've enjoyed this debate and I apologize if I offended anyone hope to see ya around.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

How old are you actually? How many decades have you studied the holy scriptures and in what way have the scars on your body a story to tell in relation to that knowledge?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join