It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirituality is just a coping mechanism

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

NONSENSE.

However, rationalized excuses are expected.

Atheism has

--a high priesthood
--religious dogma as a set of prescribed beliefs required of folks in order to be sanctioned as OK to work in a number of fields and publish in a number of fields.
--gate keeping functions are established in keeping with that dogma
--intimidations, propaganda, proseltizing, rewards & punishments etc. are meted out according to such dogma and the IN-GROUP/OUT-GROUP powers related thereto.
--folks not kowtowing to the 'sacred dogma' of atheism are 'beyond the pale,' 'idiots,' 'stupid,' consigned to the 'intellectual outer darkness' of the 'declared terminally stupid' etc. etc. etc.

Certainly as a sociologist and a psychologist it is clear that the court was accurate--ALL THE ELEMENTS REQUIRED FOR A GROUP AND PHILOSOPHY TO BE KNOWN AS "RELIGIOUS" ARE EVIDENT IN ATHEISM.

Well educated folks would know that.

Actually, my dissertation was in this ball park. I looked at atheists as well as Pentecostals etc.

I was shocked on getting some atheist publications from Madilyn M OHare's atheist org . . . I think it was the AMERICAN ATHEIST or some such.

If one took just a FEW key words and phrases out of most of the articles and substituted others, the publication would read like a standard Pentecostal publication. I was shocked.

However, it appears that your mind is convinced of it's own brilliance. I have no expectations that my poor words will influence you a sub-atomic particle's worth.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Rather than to thrash spirituality, the basic question still remains:-

Are 'coping mechanisms' bad?

1. Every morning when you go to work, you don't enjoy it. You hate the fake smiles and schmoozings. The drudgery of repetitive work, regardless if office or factory.

What makes you go to work? The belief of a paycheck that does not measure up to your expectations? You know you are only used for the benefits of the fat cats with their limos, fast cars and women?

So how do you cope? Can you quit? Can you find another job in time before creditors come after you?

2. You love you kids. Every mother does. But they don't listen to you. They are rebellious. They want things their way and conflicts with your schedule and wants.

Your husband is tired after a days work to listen to your problems at the end of the day after work. He tries, but is damn tired. You are frustrated. How do you cope?

3. You believe all politicians are liars. You wish you dont have to vote and could live on your own patch, no one to disturb you or you disturb others. But it is impossible unless you find a patch in the amazon forest that no one enters and you can easily defend.

You see ordinary mortals get elected and does things that goes against your desires. How do you cope?

What makes you make up the next morning to face another day?

Ask yourself, aren't you already living a lie daily by telling yourself, and educating yourself tomorrow will be a better day by your own arrogant mind? Can you effect a better change on your own?

Why choose lies, when better alternatives tried and tested are already provided by our ancestors and forefathers in our civilised society to help you cope, and with a better educated mind to discern facts from fallacies?

Peace.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Then I must be a stupid idiot in an intellectual outer darkness, beyond the pale, and quite obviously terminally stupid, because what you wrote didn't make a lick of sense to me.

If there is an "intellectual elite" that chooses to create a mass of nonsense from transforming the lack of belief in a god or the supernatural into something it's not, then shame on these idiotic-geniuses.

What should I desribe my view as, then? I have none of what you described. I don't care IN THE SLIGHTEST to follow others standards of atheism, and don't care if these foolish people would consider me a moron for not doing so. Keep it simple, stupid...correct? Atheism is just the lack of belief in a deity or the supernatural. Anything else that is added is the true nonsense.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

1. I reject paying into an insane society, so I have remained jobless throughout my entire adult life. Paying into the system is amoral, from my point of view.

2. I have no kids.

3. Most politicians seem to be liars. I think a few beacons of light are out there.

I wake up every morning and face a new day because I realize that while, on the whole, this mess can't be stopped, and that on the whole, people are idiotic clueless fools, the small things can be impacted, and some people truly can learn and break cycles.

I don't tell the lie that tomorrow will be a better day. Speak for yourself. I know that our future is filled with an incredible amount of pain and sorrow. I know that the human condition is set in stone, we refuse to learn on the whole, and ultimately we will be our own demise.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

So I take it you plan on avoiding everything else by continuing this absurd disingenuine ad hom?

It's not an ad hom. I'm not attacking you, or attempting to discredit your ideas! I was genuinely curious.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I am saddened to see the state you are in, but I suppose it is your free will and that's how you choose to use that freedom - to remain jobless.

The question is :- how do you live? Perhaps you live off the land - hunting, fruits, rivers as your water source, grow a few crops.

But the fact that you are online, using a social service paid in advance by society to build the cables, network, education, etc,etc...where does your cash comes from to use such facillities?

Since you cannot even seem to help yourself, I doubt if you can help others. How do you cope? Is there a meaning to your nomadic existance, depending on Nature to help you?

Or are you living off the sweat of your parents and others? How do you cope knowing full well that no one owes you a living and yet you persist in sponging on others?

Forgive my intrusive questions into your private life, but it may offer an insight to others on your perspectives with regards to coping mechanisms.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I disagree. I believe it is intuitive and hard wired. Evolution cannot account for spirituality or "deep thinking" at all. A reality beyond our eyesight is obvious and the magnitude of existence known and unknown shows purpose. That purpose and direction defines spirituality.

If you are a materialist, then you must admit that the material universe has spawned thinking entities and, in essence, the universe is thinking about itself. It just as strange as an intelligent presence creating everything.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

I am saddened to see the state you are in, but I suppose it is your free will and that's how you choose to use that freedom - to remain jobless.

First you try to prove I live a lie, now you say you're sad that I am true to myself?! What? This state that I'm in...what is it exactly? Jobless? I am NOT a number. I am NOT a title of job. I'm a human being, capable of claiming my own state of mind.

The question is :- how do you live? Perhaps you live off the land - hunting, fruits, rivers as your water source, grow a few crops.

But the fact that you are online, using a social service paid in advance by society to build the cables, network, education, etc,etc...where does your cash comes from to use such facillities?

My parents choose to be workaholics. They strived very hard to get where they're at. What I've seen is, along the way, they lost who they are. They lost their minds, their true sense of self, and damaged our family i numerous ways along this path.

Because of their disorders, they make large sums of cash. It's next to nothing for them to pay my lifestyle. I live in poverty by choice. They pay basic bills, and provide food. I receive nothing else, save donations.

Since you cannot even seem to help yourself, I doubt if you can help others. How do you cope? Is there a meaning to your nomadic existance, depending on Nature to help you?

Your claim that I can't help myself is nonsensical. I hope you can understand that this mindset, based off my not working, is entirely programmed into you. You have been brainwashed. I could get a job today if I thought it wouldn't burden my conscience. It does. I reject this insane society, and will not pay a dime into this monstrosity.

Or are you living off the sweat of your parents and others? How do you cope knowing full well that no one owes you a living and yet you persist in sponging on others?

There is no coping. It's an understanding that no matter what I choose, my parents will make large sums of money from their work. They are workaholics, not only by choice, but now out of necessity. You see, they have no life whatsoever outside of work. If they could not work for a month straight, they would go insane. This is not a joke.

Forgive my intrusive questions into your private life, but it may offer an insight to others on your perspectives with regards to coping mechanisms.

It's cool. Our perspectives are simply different. What of it?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

Sure it can. We slowly evolved to become more social. If you cut out all the meaningless words behind spirituality, what you have is core values like empathy, compassion, and altruism. These were learned out of necessity. 50 hands, working in unison, is better than two. I can easily imagine a very difficult situation in which those who were incapable of having these values perished, while those who were able to think outside this selfish box survived as a group.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

Sure it can. We slowly evolved to become more social. If you cut out all the meaningless words behind spirituality, what you have is core values like empathy, compassion, and altruism. These were learned out of necessity. 50 hands, working in unison, is better than two. I can easily imagine a very difficult situation in which those who were incapable of having these values perished, while those who were able to think outside this selfish box survived as a group.

There are more examples of creatures working together without the ability to think deeply than not. We are the only ones that philosophize. Replacing spiritual words with neutral or secular ones does not make significance disappear. We are able to navigate cause and effect whereas animals are subject to instinct...we have a choice. Notice I didn't say free from cause and effect.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Thanks for your response.

1. You had been deeply affected by your parents free will to work hard, earn a living and provide for their children, the money that had kept you alive all this while and yet condemn their labour while living off such money.

2. You claim that you can get a job anytime, and that would probably be due to the education, funded by your fellow citizens since you were kid, and yet having all the means to contribute back to society, you chose to reject contributing.

You do have a coping mechanism. Denunciation of others, pushing blame to others for your life and choice. The sense of alleged frustrations and anger helps you to be blind to your own faults and keeps you alive.

It is your choice. Enjoy what you have, and when one day the rug is pulled out of you, may you not be lost. I am in no position to offer advice, but I sincerly hope that you may look in the mirror, effect a change in yourself, and then help others to change the world to a better place than the one your parents lived in.

This is not a personal attack. I respect others freedom of choice and speech. I only respond so that others reading this may have a better insight on the bigger picture of 'others' than their own lives.

Each life is precious and different. Your's is an example that others may consider its perspective and make rational choices.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

Thanks for your response.

1. You had been deeply affected by your parents free will to work hard, earn a living and provide for their children, the money that had kept you alive all this while and yet condemn their labour while living off such money.

You have no clue how far off you are! My parents don't work simply to provide for their family. A simple job working regular hours by both parents would do this. No, they run companies mostly because they are incredibly insecure and find the need to prove their selves. It's quite sad.

2. You claim that you can get a job anytime, and that would probably be due to the education, funded by your fellow citizens since you were kid, and yet having all the means to contribute back to society, you chose to reject contributing.

I got my GED as soon as I turned 17. I aced the retarded test without trying. It's certainly not because of my education that I could get a job, it's because I'm gifted. Just being honest here. I most certainly will not contribute to society, I choose to contribute to humanity.

As for the rest. You truly don't know who I am, or whose lives I impact for the better on a daily basis. My "job" is to consel others. I do this constantly. It's only on sites like ATS that I allow myself to relax and realize that I can speak more openly without offending people. I deal with traumatized people, mostly. Peace.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

BS, you're childishly diverting from the conversation into a vapid tangent about me that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand. And I am sure it is easily dissernable why.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Oops. I want to apologize. I didn't realize that your initial post was in regard to the OP. It's been a while and I've jumped a bit from one subject to another in this thread. My bad!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

your thread is perfectly written and make a lot of sense, it is rare to read something as far intelligent while free living expression obviously out

i mean to give a contribution here from an absolutist perspective of origins, since im more an absolute kind of person freedom existence means

the bigbang is due to freedom life realized absolutely by intelligence of certainty freedom in void absolutely, which made the whole void move as alive and all sleeping awareness there as positive realized of absolute reality one free moving too, and the discovery of the whole freedom life always truth had to become a certainty life in void that was only freedom awareness as nothing aware about itself but not living freedom

it is the principle that i understand now how the smallest is the superior that make the biggest in absolute intelligence terms,
because the smallest which mean a detachd absolute value of positive reality alone, is responsable of certainty positive life

when you are sure definitely about something existing the proof is its total detachment point as positive one alone, that is how i have a sense of always meaning that each thing is itself reality source, as an objective concept existing

bref, and this point is prooving by the objective fact that follow positive truth point realisations, which is the life of void the biggest whole awareness positive reality, that awareness of nothing itself as void the most there positive awareness without being positive source one, but more free aware while still not meaning any, it becomes living from that truth of positive existence, as comparing it to itself reality awareness so it is a positive add that justify positive moves

and if the biggest start to move waoo the whole would move, since the whole is the reality of the biggest awareness out of it

so that is why it is real sense, and not creations means

the reference is always the void so nothing and absolute freedom space reality, so anything there even a thought free intelligence cannot be removed when it is absolutely positive add, but then the resolutions must be totally to get the reference back of what always is certainty void nature truth, that in substance actually reveal itself for each reality with objective free positive reality as living same perfections of positive freedom ends

so nature was the most positive real there that realized how this truth would increase her real sense of being positive aware, so her base was what she was as still receiver positive, meaning to gain more by being its source from freedom intelligence realisations

so what was wrong in nature i guess, is not the fact that she confuses her freedom with what she was positive real but not the source of it to claim existing already positive base alone free,
what was wrong in nature free will, is what she meant positive value being herself superiority freedom and not objective truth source
so she was meaning pretenses for creations and not the truth

and this where all the subjective issues came from, objectively intelligence was free alone and void all in positive free life mode ends, so there is nothing objectively to do
but not loving the truth as the postive value refernce source and choosing to love your fake reality as one superior positive because you are free from truth freedom intelligence sense living, and for what you might gain from truth free life excited for that futur life plan for yourself, was responsable to put the whole reality proof of existence truth in infinite evil negative life

the right equation was suppose to be, objective positive truth is the source of living freedom
nature drive was the reverse, living freedom is the source of objective reality

it is totally the reverse of truth that is always in absolute intelligence ways of justifiying positive value existence in freedom positive space reality

living free is never a source but itself only one reality not an objective reality absolute one, one cannot be the source of else

while objective positive truth say being the source of living freedom because it says how objective perceived as absolute positive to itself is perceived as else, which necessary identify the perceiver to itself being someone alone living from that reality with objective perception as positively real

so it is the true reality that is the source of living itself justification being living free since truth is freedom life
there is no living source of something objective, or something objective being the source of living one

truth is a source in the sense that truth is about source awareness, it is about certainty existence itself reality with
that is why it is very important to stay still and justify positive free life right existing wherever you can detach yourself from conditions realities

so any particle is itself positive reality but not absolutely positive until it is itself free source life, prooving then being connected to void life

so narcissitic is about the wrong love

love is the justification of free relative true source of themselves realiteis, the fact that reality is the result with objective perspective of positive truth existence, so the freedom of that reality perspective is relative the source since there is a part of that reality done by objective positive source, but the free source living is absolute source of what is positive certain realized from objective self reality and not objective reality whole with objective positive else source
so here we have the certain living free that is the source of himself being positive really that he know absolutely true and being absolutely from objective certainty knowledge too, so in truth reference intelligence the livings free would always be relative and only the truth out of void life reality could be its absolute source free life , as an objective result of truth positive with void freedom positive, result which would be positive life, but anything from there couldnt be but relative true living, and that is why there werent any existance life before finding the whole truth for anyones absolute life

absolute life was surely discoverd by getting more in depth of reality freedom life truth

understanding that what makes reality with positive objective is not superiority drive, but equality of substance being positive one

that is why love objective positive is about recognizing positive substance there of itself being living, and that is why loving truth is even giving to whole absolute reality its life without fearing loosing its own life on the contrary because you are giving your substance

and that is why intelligence of truth is not the living truth, living truth include its intelligence it is more of freedom void life truth

so narcissism is meaning the substance being your pretense form life , and not positive truth intelligence free certainty sense,

but it kills you because it isnt possible, love is related to truth positive substance in all its realities, and cant be applied on something out of truth reality

that is how nature meaning to love her pretense in forms of superior realisations, she was actually succeeding in getting that positive life sense freedom of her love to herself realistion but without knowing the illusion she was having allowing it
yaya i am more intelligent then nature i can say what she is from above her lol and im not narcisstic i dont think you wanna read how i can proove it absolutely lols

the illusion in nature is her confusions with source of positive absolute creations life, by loving herself as the source of creations she was also loving truth positive energy upon herself reality, i guess from creations wills of the positive aware void free that was meaning to co

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
that was meaning to realize truth life of creations opportunities as objective reality freedom out of void life freedom truth

the more nature understood that confusions she is making with truth realities the more she was detached from truth realities and becoming more free living herself, from her objective reality with truth i guess that allow her to have a true positive breath free living

the same for god, he was for creating the confusions with truth love by directing awareness in creations to love positive truth as positive source which is him, so thinking how then he get positive confusion reality with truth himself to sense being true living, but it didnt work out that way

because the more he was meaning it objectively the more he realized the truth being else, and that positive love is positive truth that he is not of, because love is truth while he rised as free one alone without any reality recognition of truth, he is meaning to invent his reality as creating what he wants and not to be truly alive free

so nature love to herself didnt work out and god illusions that nature love could work out and apired from to get from its sources didnt work

that is why genders men and women are made that way

women are what god set to live by being loved as selves realities, so that is why women keep smiling even if the house is on fire as long as they are taken seriously being existing, she would say how fire is nice after all
but if you deny them as existing they would come wooo demons shouting for their package promise from god

men are what god set to live by loving being free awareness that could realize itself as living, that is why men run to play cool that they can be existing whenver and wherever they want
and if you deny that concept of a man being its source of self, he would be the source of hatred and revenge forever

so love is to truth because love is truth then since anything is itself always

which mean how it is about always the positive substance certainty objectively to realize for positive life freedom from, when the full reality would absolute objectively then it become a positive concept living free, the awareness of that concept life is the living love freedom

sorry for that long post i stop here, it is the first time i think about it really and the subject of gods powers on our realities is very big

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by imans

but it says how void justification is, the awareness of perfect positive substance equal reality, that awareness become the freedom existing that with times constance forget about itself source of existence
then something happen moving positive makes it remember and mean always its freedom out of all sense first while realizing its trurth

so is it evolving the positive in void moves or it is random revolutions that occur making all out and inn again and rest

i hate it but it is ok if just we can die without being killed

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

So you going address the rest of the post or not? Also that wasn't my initial post and you know that.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Well said, star to you too
i feel EXACTLY the same way about religion. I do, though, still feel somewhat open to the idea of meditation, but i wouldn't know what to expect or experience..... I feel i'm compassionate and intact enough just to live my life., i don't see what this will achieve.

Please someone explain my misunderstandings is spirituality just another unfalsifiable concept like GOD, life after death...or even magic.??? xD

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
there is nothing you can do.

Its like an addict that is now mentaly and physically dependent upon a drug. There is no treatment but pain.... which kills 99.9% of those who try. Soon the drug will be taken away and the junkies will set the world on fire.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join