It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate committe approves health care plan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Mailman

Don't worry I am an American born that was born in with another language as my first so English is not my first language and I make all kind of mistakes.

Still you are right, now the Baucus bill that I have read it and is nothing but gouging the tax payer to pay for those that can not pay for private insurance with no public choice is going to be merged with the senate or Obama's bill that have public option, let see how the fight in congress develop and how the final bill is going to look like.

But remember we the people will always be the losers as usual.

The real truth about the bill will come out in the few next weeks as the fights begun.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
This morning's news:
It was THE CORPORATE INSURANCE COMPANIES that wanted the draconian penalties to FORCE you to buy their overpriced "product".

LINK Ex-insider: Insurance industry report is bogus

Potter: You know, it’s an argument – it’s probably the best case that I’ve heard from anybody why we need a public health insurance option. What they’re saying is, in fact, they bought and paid for this report from an outfit, you know, that’s worked for them and done many reports like this over many years. They’ve taken selective parts of the bill – not even bothering to read the full bill or take some other elements into consideration – and are claiming that the bill, if enacted, would raise premiums. It’s nonsense. It would not work the way that they’re saying. In fact, one of the authors admitted, apparently late yesterday, that they did not take into consideration other important elements of the bill.

Roberts: So let me stop you there and just drill down on this claim that they’re making, that the health care bill that’s now in the Senate Finance Committee would add hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars to the cost of a health insurance package for most people and families. You’re saying that that’s just not true?

Potter: It’s just not true, because they’re taking the parts of the bill that the industry now does not like. What the Finance Committee did, fortunately, toward the end of last week was reduce some of the very, very severe penalties that the insurance industry wanted to have in the bill that would be assessed against us if we decide we don’t want to buy their overpriced and inadequate products that are often nothing more than fake insurance.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by seataka]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by seataka

Occur it was, some in here has been told about this for a while, but people will not listen no matter what.

The problem is that the corrupted private insurance with the whores in Washington realized at the last moment that adding 40,000 million more into the books with pre existing conditions is going to erode their profits, now they want something done, they want taxes, more penalties, premiums increases and the ability to make crappy policies in order to keep their profits.

And people still can not see beyond the lies.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Mailman

It is becomng a problem now because it is becoming so unaffordable. Last year, when on my husbands policy, the rep came during enrollment and announced that it is going up 150. a month. But he said it was still affordable. My husband almost knocked his block off. This at already only 80% coverage. My husband was on this insurance three years and it went up 2 times.

I had a gentlemen today who is getting custody of his grandchildren because their parents died. He was almost in tears because to add them to his policy jumps it from 300 to 800 dollars a month.

The costs keep going up, but people keep getting sicker. That is the problem.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Now just to slip that public option in there, (just to piss off the insurance companies who are already planning on hiking everyone's rates up because of this.) and we will have health care reform

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Since 85% of Americans have health insurance, I wonder why Health
Care / Health Insurance reform is such a hot-button issue? Supposedly,
the 85% will be able to keep what they have and even receive a
subsidy to help them pay for it, if the family income is under $88,000
a year. (Baucus Bill)

I suppose its the 15% that needs to be focused on.

-cwm

top topics

<< 1   >>

join