Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Let's Make Work Mandatory or you go to jail!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

That all sounds great.. so we don't get off topic I will send you a u2u.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by StinkyFeet

Yes I am perfectly ok with it. Maybe if their kids start dropping dead from starvation maybe they willl get off their lazy asses and find a way to support them. The truth is even on Welfare a good portion of the kids don't get proper food, because their parents sell the food stamps for drugs or shinny rims.

Your attitude to the life of others indicates to me that you have never really seen the suffering of others and if you have then you seem to be utterly devoid of any semblance of empathy toward your fellow human being and you cannot really believe such generalisations as the one you put forward can you?

Of course I am not happy to know that there are actually lazy people out there who think the world owes them a living but I also am not so callous that I would be happy to have my government starve them to death (with their children) just because they chose not to play the game you and I have to play.

So let me get this straight just in case I have stepped into a delusion.

Because someone has been caught selling their food stamps or buying rims they should (along with their children) be starved to death? Why not go one better and have all the unemployed euthanized even if they are not selling stamps – just in case they decide to do so in the future.

You did not even consider that those children could have been taken into care and given a second chance. No, mentally within your mind you went straight for the jugular and decided that it is ok to visualise a scenario where those hypothetical children are going to starve to death. As far as I am aware, children do not choose who they are born to. “Burn em anyway”.

I hope you wake up to the reality that the world is not a black and white world and people suffer for the tough choices others make in their regard. It strikes me that in your world money is king and if you are alright jack then live and let die.

The day people start thinking one is better than the other based on how much money one is making this so called civilisation really will be in trouble... Oh wait.

I just remembered you posted the thread where Mr Bush should have received the peace prize instead of Obama...

Good day, we will speak no more.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by StinkyFeet

awesome.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I partly agree with you, while the choice to start adicitive drugs is not a good one, after a while it is not as easy as one would think for many to quit. The body becomes dependant on it to function, just as it will for coffee , pop, or cigarets, granted the decision to start using drugs is a bad one, but after so much use, it becomes more than just a bad habbit..
look at how hard it is for people to stop smoking, and thats a mild drug.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
What's the difference? There are so many out there that would welcome
three hots and a cot. I don't think you've thought this thru at all. The jails would be full beyond capacity.
Oh I get it you're the guy who makes up the threads that suck up people 's time. You don't even ascribe to what this thread's all about do you? As
long as you suck up peoples time.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

Trust me I know. I am a recovering alcohlic for the last 20 some years. It is important for me to realize that it is my choices that mean the difference between sobriety and drinking again. You don't have that 20th one if you don't have the first one. So I find it important to make it clear to myself that I am responsible for my choices and their outcomes.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I have to agree that there are some folks on welfare and SSI and other government programs that are abusing the system. I personally know 5 different people that are on SSI for 'mental' or some other hard-to-quantify issue, that for whatever reason, makes it 'impossible' for them to work. In reality there is nothing wrong with these people, they just don't want to work. How many people on welfare fall into that category? Almost every person I know on welfare does. But the thing is, you can't force someone to work. People have the right to be lazy, like it or not. As long as the government allows illegals to come in and abuse the system, they shouldn't gripe when actual citizens do so. As for people in wheelchairs, well that depends on the person. I agree that there are jobs a person in a wheelchair could do. I would think that they would want to have a job, and the self-esteem that comes with it but it depends on the individual in question. Then again, there are certain people in wheelchairs that literally cannot do anything for themselves, people that truly are disabled. It is not an easy subject to just slap a law down on and walk away.

Chrono

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
You want to force disabled people to work and let children starve to punish their parents? wow, thought stalin was dead....

But I agree with work for people on benefits that want to work, small bonuses to give them the incentive and hopefully they would move on to the private sector and become productive members of society.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by PlayeR87]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Great idea! And, we could have signs over the places of employment that read "Arbeit macht frei"

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
What do you think welfare is? A free handout with no requirements? In NY all recipients have to fill out something like 12 applications a week. If they don't meet the quota they are on their own. Further more, unemployment figures only calculate people currently looking for work and don't include the homeless. If you are on welfare or unemployment, you are actively applying for over ten jobs a week. The problem isn't people not applying for work, the problem is the jobs just aren't there.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
This is a joke right? Since when did this become the USSA:

With ideas like this I'd gladly support Bush OR Obama. The Kernel is disturbed.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
So you know 5 people that abuse the system? Good for you. I volunteer at a homeless shelter in Rochester, NY where there are people with seriously debilitating mental issues that keep them from being able to interview or hold a job. Some are addicted to hard drugs by corrupt individuals right down the street from the shelter. That war on drugs your tax dollars pay for doesn't work when the cops are paid off by the dealers. These people NEED HELP. As for illegals coming into the country, I guarantee you migrant workers work harder than you do. They are some of the hardest working people on the planet that work for under minimum wage for 12 hour shifts without breaks. You're unbelievably selfish and ignorant to not see that the system isn't whats being taken advantage of. It's illegal workers who's dirt cheap labour make the food you eat as cheap as it is and addicted homeless people who aren't offered addiction counseling they can afford.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

to clean the streets by hand or to carry a working person's breifcase from place to place

Hey why not go the whole hog, go back to Africa pick up some people there and get them to carry your briefcase for nothing !

If you really are so hard done by, because of those who are out of work and would like them to have the experience. Why not share your job, or better still alternate jobs like, one month you clean the streets by hand while the street cleaner does your job all for the same wage.

The stupidity of those who focus on the unemployed never ceases to amaze me. You observe they (possibly) get a dollar (that could be yours) for doing nothing, which could be construed as theft. You fail completely to have big ideas in relation to those at the top of the pile like the FED fleecing you for a thousand times the amount.

It wasn't that long ago that the pentagon LOST 2.3 TRILLION dollars !!!!

And you are concerned about the unemployed ?

The unemployed are needed by the real thieves to keep your mind off them.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I started to reply to this thread, but then I saw who started it...

never mind

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Require everyone to work?

Not a bad idea, if everyone working in turn owns the means of their production.

An employee that owns part of the company he works for will work much harder when he has the added incentive of receiving dividends!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Ask not what your government can do for you, but what you can do for your government!

No thanks, but since were already on the verge of having tyrants instead of presidents, you might just get your wish.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Definitely Big Brother thinking.

Soviets used to harass and persecute "dissidents".

They would target said dissidents by taking away their jobs.

Next Big Brother would accuse them of being "parasites" on society.

Big Brother then sent them off to "work" camps.

OP is definitely a tool for the NWO. USA is no better or different from any other "state". We do the same here today that was done and continues today in every "society/tribe/nation" on Planet Weasel.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by StinkyFeet
Let's make work mandatory, just like they want to make healtcare mandatory. Almost everyone in this country is capable of some sort of work. Even a person with Downs Syndrome can work at McDonalds.

I say unless you are quadrepalegic then you should be able to do something useful. I know there is high unemployment, but lets put people to work for minimum wage to clean the streets by hand or to carry a working person's breifcase from place to place.

I say if you refuse to work, you should get the same fines as what they propose in Healthcare "Reform" for not having insurance.

There is no excuse not to work unless you are severly ill or severly handicapped. Even most people in wheelchairs can drive around and move somthing from place to place or work in an office answering the phone.

Work is good. Work raises your self worth and makes you a contributor instead of a taker. Work is a health issue. Work is healthy!

[edit on 13-10-2009 by StinkyFeet]

Seriously another thread thread like your "GW Nobel Prize thread" ? Ill offer you some of the attention you crave with a response.

Im not certain why people cannot figure out the main reason for the unemployment. Its not due to the lack of people's desire to work , If you've paid any attention to whats going on its the LACK of jobs. Come here to MI and youll see exactly what im talking about, the Mcdonalds down the street doesnt hire the handicapped because the laid-off engineer with a masters is flipping the burgers.

I chose the school option after my job at the worlds largest robotics company scaled back dramatically. I made it through to the last cut, last October. I choose , actually desire to work. Im also fortunate I rent, and I buy everything I need in cash , I have no debt. Alot of people in my situation have families and huge mortgages for devalued homes. Get off your attention kick long enough to realize this is not a game. Its not a fun time for many americans and you somehow derive your pleasure off of trolling these forums where many are victims as well. Have your laughs now , karma is a beach.

Americans have been sold out to the lowest bidder, many of my friends jobs have "relocated" out of country and its seriously sickening to watch them and their families struggle. It disgusts me that this mornings news also stated "The recession is over".

Perhaps you should pick up a second job instead of being a hammer in an already fragile situation.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by PlayeR87

You know that is kind of part of my point. Disabled people, who can, want to work and do. Disabled people see the value of work.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
So deny everyone the right to choose how they want to live their life.
If someone decides they just want to, "walk the earth " they should be
rolled up and thrown in jail.
For how long?
What planet are you from?
Back to The Third Riech.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by randyvs]

I agree whole heartly, If you dont want to work or are capable and choose not to work, so be it BUT, I want to end all welfare and unemployment benefits immediately as well.
I mean "end them" (yes even for myself) ,
oh I'm sure I'm going to get pounced on for that comment "but" can you imagine the behavior of the populace?
I think it would be like finally stopping picking at a pimple and getting into the commitment of squeezing the living hell out of it and popping it everywhere, it would kind of put a rush on getting to the "end of this facade" now wouldnt it?

just my two cents

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

atslive.com

hi-def

low-def