It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Make Work Mandatory or you go to jail!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by StinkyFeet
reply to post by Traffic

Well it beats the hell out of giving them government money for nothing. Its tough times these days, everybody needs to buckle down and stop living on the dole.

Parasites at the bottom, and pirates at the top killing the middle class.

Dragging down the sled dogs who keep the metaphorical sled moving is
a large part of why the economy has stalled.

A lot of ppl have said to hell with it and are coasting.

42 million on food stamps and near 23% U6 unemployment.

73 different types of Visas to import ppl in who overstay them
and get jobs even thou their Visa is not job related ???

An open porous border to let in over 30 million Hispanics who
in turn send most of their check home via wire services draining
the economy further ???

We buy most of our goods from China who use political dissidents
as slave labor even thou they violate labor and environmental laws ???

The working conditions at the Iphone plant are so bad over 10 ppl
have committed suicide by leaping to their deaths vs. work there ???

Our country is so screwed in so many different ways its beyond retarded.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by StinkyFeet
Work is good. Work raises your self worth and makes you a contributor instead of a taker.

"Work" is simply slavery.

But because the donkey is chasing the carrot instead of being whipped, he doesn't realise it.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Juan520

yes...and motherhood is never considered a real job???

I have a nice gap in my work history from when the kids were small. A coworker at work is griped at beyond belief because he's often ending up leaving early or not coming in at all because his daughter is sick. one of my sons had asthma, there was no way I could commit time to a j ob when he was small, I never knew when it would hit, and if it did hit, I knew I would need to act then!! I knew I wouldn't tolerate a boss asking a million questions while my son was at school struggling to just breathe!

luckily my kids had a dad, and I had a husband!!!
more than anything else, this is what is needed today...FAMILIES.

unfortunately, the way the welfare system is set up, it often causes those families to break apart!

edit on 3-11-2010 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I tell you what, lets leave peoeple alone to actually goto work, without having people follow them there to ruin there lifes.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by StinkyFeet

We have FREE education, Holy Cow!!! So the 63.00 dollars I am paying each month for this one class I am in should be FREE!! Wow looks like I am getting ripped off. FREE education my arse, what are you a health care worker??? hahahahaha

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by The Transhumanist

Awesome post!! You hit the nail on the head, because I am one of those people looking for jobs every single day, getting the interviews, but because I have no degree I am not getting the job, I have experience but degree, where is the logic in that???

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

Right on sister!! I am have done that and still doing it to this day!! Being a stay at home mom is WORK, we just don't get legal tender for it, but it does pay in some ways. because I taught my kids to read, (I also have a son who has Aspergers) my son who is 13 can read at an adult level, my two girls are at 5th and 6th grade levels. i was responsible for that. I also do all the laundry, cook, clean, grocery shop, lawn work, house work, and even some car work. All my husband has to do is come home form working all day, eat and relax, i do all the dishes too. Plus, I make sure my kids are fed, my dog has food and water, and take him out to use the bathroom, take care of a mouse, and I'm in college to get my Librarian degree. I do not home school, because I probably wouldn't of had much of a life, but I do play an active role in their education. YES I am disappointed on how schools are flawed, but that's another discussion.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mysticalzoe

they want you to go to school, get your bachelors, pay your tuition, their buddy who is the president of the school wants an extra $100,000 this year so he can buy a new mansion.....
the traders at wall street want your student loan debt to sell off to a million people....
they want us all to go back to school.....
it's the newest bubble they've decided to inflate...
can't let it pop!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   

So let me understand this correctly, you want to force people to get a job or go to jail in a system without the required amount of positions to cover everyone. So we jail %45 of the Americans "only 20%+ claim unemployment, 10% sell drugs or live on criminal income and 15% are stay at home moms" and doom them to live with real criminals as we pay for them in prison???

I can see the tax dollars going out the window now.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   

if this is a parody of the equally as ridiculous insurance mandate in obamacare then star and flag my friend.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by robbinsj

yes, well, we just don't spend enough to help the poor, we should spend more.....
I mean...how much money do we give the average poor family....
now, let's compare that to the hundred thousand or so it costs to incarcerate someone, the cost of foster care, ect......

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I know there is high unemployment, but lets put people to work for minimum wage to clean the streets by hand or to carry a working person's breifcase from place to place.

a working person's breifcase

So now you have MADE these PEOPLE work on a low wage, they are NOT "working persons"????????

OK, so first you advocate work as a positive, moral and aspirational antidote to unemployed "spongers" (whom I dare say in the current economic climate you wuold find many of which were recently gainfully emoployed until their businesses went bust or sacked them due to no fault of their own), and what you perceive to be social injustices.

Yet you then appear to advocate first stigmatising them as second rate citizens 'deserving what they'll get', and then, apparently as some form of punishment, suggest turning them into minimum wage slaves, to serve a higher order of citizen, those lucky enough to still have work...?

I think you may have a bit of fine tuning to do before you put this to the masses?

Also, re: "Almost everyone in this country is capable of some sort of work" how do you propose dealing with people who are dealing with difficult transitions including full time stay-at-home parents who are widowed, or left by their employed ex-partner? How will you solve accommodation issues for those too poor to cover the costs of themselves and their dependents...including children and the (growing in proportion) elderly?

Learn from history: Take a look at Britain and it's "Work Houses", because that's the type of scenario such a minimalist apprach is likely to lead to (IMO). read some Dickens. They struggled to deal with the unfortunate, but obviously deserving, and clearly inconvenient poor for years too, until it was eventually decided that there must be a better way.

The workhouse system underwent several administrative reforms in the United Kingdom, and was abolished on 1 April 1930, replaced by other social legislation for the unemployed and retired. Despite abolition, many workhouses, renamed as "Public Assistance Institution" or commonly "P. A. Institution",[11] continued under the local County Council until the implementation of the National Assistance Act, 1948.[12] David Johnston describes the East Preston workhouse in the 1950s in 'City Streets to Sussex Lanes'

en.wikipedia.org...

One fiurther irony, with the current immense dependency of the USA on foreign debts, is it not likely that such an establishment of 'slave' labour would quite possibly end up beng exploited chiefly not by USA's elite, but by foreign employers keen to cash in on the cheap labour bonanza?
edit on 4-11-2010 by curioustype because: Corrected quotation/spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join