It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Make Work Mandatory or you go to jail!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by StinkyFeet

I forgot to add in my post yesterday about 'what happens when someone works for like 40 or 50 years of their with a disorder but then feel that they can't go on anymore' and so they quit their job but can't keep up the re-payments on their mortgaged house?

And then they start recieving letters through the post threatening to take your house away from you if don't keep up re-payments... one day you recieve your final letter on re-payments and repossession and realise that you are only one week away from being tossed out onto the street....

What does this say about the system we are in?

We work all our lives and pay our taxes only to be ignored and thrown out into the street when your house (which you paid for since buying it) gets re-possessed!! Or in some cases you may be given a room in a B&B for a while until a Flat on Council comes up but if you have no problems?illnesses you get chucked onto the street......

I think it's very unfair.... after 40 years you should of paid off the Mortgage on your house but nope, you have been paying mostly interest!!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Work was manditory in the Soviet Union,if you didn't You were charged with "Parasitism".

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigDaveJr
Work was manditory in the Soviet Union,if you didn't You were charged with "Parasitism".

Well I guess the Soviet Union had a few things right, even though I hate COMMIES!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Sounds like you hate a lot of things. Pretty miserable way to go about life. Explains a lot about yourself. That is why you hate lazy and homeless people. You feel as though it's unfair that there are people who seemingly have it easy and you don't. You hate homeless people cause they are con artists and lazy, you hate commies because you were probably taught to hate them, you probably hate rich people because they are rich, and the list goes on. So much bitterness. Maybe you should go plant a tree, get a pet, cuddle with a teddy bear at night, anything, and stop being so hateful. Life isn't fair, the sooner you realize and accept it, the less stressed out you'll be.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
What you suggest is felony criminal action in violation of common law. This was used in the past and was known as the poor house or indentured servitude. It's perfect for keep the debt slaves in slavery.

I would suggest that the simplest way for the NWO to get out of it's predicament is to do several basic reversals we all know about then simply institute economic benefit that guarantees everyone on earth the equivalent of $25,000 per year of cost of living adjusted income for free! The money system is simply a fabrication of what we make of it. Credit should cease to exist. The concept of earning is really meaningless. If everyone is given $25,000 that can not be taxed and not be indentured as debt under any circumstances, then everyone would have a clean slate in life every year for their entire life. Children would have 90% put in trust until they are 18 then receive 50% of the trust and then next 50% at age 25. Education should be free. Truth should be plentiful thus eliminating most of the need for health care, drugs, etc.. Drug wars should be stopped. Illegal aliens wouldn't exist because people would have no need to seek foreign employment. Most criminal behavior wouldn't exist. Most cops wouldn't exist because they hate doing what they have to do and would find a way to live on the money and supplement elsewhere with other jobs. I would suggest that land not be sold in blocks greater than 20 acres. The land of plenty and opportunity for all is available if we want it to be so. Tremendous human potential is wasted in "employment". Most people will not spend their lives idle and wasted they will find and cultivate their talents. Blaming people who have no conceivable future in the job market and viewing them as the problem is selfish, inhumane and irresponsible. Yes, there are some just plain weak, lowlife leaches but that is not the majority. Most people who don't or won't work are depressed an realistic about the hopeless nature of their circumstances. If you really want to help them, give them a gun and drive them to a rich neighborhood where they can do some good addressing the real low life's.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
It would make more sense to make providing a paying job mandatory .

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
yes work is good, but this thread is ignorant of how people with disabilities live and the problems they face

there is really nothing other to say then that

if you understood what some of these people with disabilities really go through physically and mentally then this thread wouldnt even exist

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The whole thing is a part of the bloodlines banking systems and corporations and instead I recommend a never ending General Strike. Forget the short term for long term freedom. We need to tackle nwo, bloodlines, earth changes and coastal disasters, and a complete removal from corporate slavery and the banking systems. These are crimes against humanity. And its time to really get loud and get raucous and fight for freedom.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
It used to be that when entered an elevator a polite lady would ask you what floor do you want and take you there... A kid at a grocery store would carry out your groceries and a guy at a service station would check under your hood, wipe the wind shield and check your tire .... Eating establishments had table cloths and metal table ware that were washed and re used.... Hospitals sanitized and reused equipment instead of using disposable item that patients are charged a small fortune for...... There were people that swept the streets and side walks , washed windows repaired shoes, watches, radios, TVs, coffee pots, rebound books, sharpened knives, fixed worn out pots and pans and even shined shoes..... Our throw away society has created no need for these people and they are subsidised by the government in order for the corporations that have made these jobs things of the past to continue to sell us crap that is prone to being used one or two times and discarded ore is going to become obsolete and non repairable requiring you to make more purchases and make huge profits for the stockholders whose only job is to count their money...... Everybody had jobs before it got this way.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   

You should be locked up for coming up with this idiotic idea. Get back to school. you clearly need to learn a few lessons.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I have been saying something similar for ages that would vastly reduce the number of people on benefits, my idea is that anyone claiming benefits that is fit to work would be made to pick up rubbish, landscape public spaces, cut the grass in public areas etc I do not believe that people on long term benefits have any motivation to get work and something like this would make sure the tax payer is getting a return for carrying these people.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Originally posted by StinkyFeet

It isn't slavery. Its just common sense. If we are going to give you money to live then you are going to have to contribute. If you don't want to contribute then you get no money and you and your family can starve, no matter what race you are.

So, in your opinion, human beings are commodities that you have paid for with your tax dollars and you don't feel that you're getting your money's worth?

Couple of points for everyone.
1. Just because you got an education and think you are special now, doesn't mean you are too good to work at Taco Bell or picking up trash. You were supposed to get an education, so it doesn't make you special that you did what you were expected to do.

Since you're viewing humans as resources for your personal benefit, would it not be a waste of "resources" to have a brain surgeon working at Taco Bell? I think we need brain surgeons much more than we need Taco Bell or any other fast food establishment. Since Taco Bell seems to be your cultural reference point, are we to assume that you have no need of higher functioning in society? Are you able to GET to Taco Bell without an internal combustion engine that was invented by somebody whose talents would have been wasted were they busy taking out the trash. Taking out the trash is needed and valuable too, btw.

2. No one is entitled to anything from the government.

AND THE GOVERNMENT IS NOT ENTITLED TO ANYTHING FROM THE PEOPLE!

3. Just because one day you made 50k and now the economy sucks and you can only make 8/hr then you suck it up and do it until you find something better. Of course, stay on unemployment until it runs out because you and your employer paid into an insurance fund for that.

Where are these $8.00 an hour jobs? I see a hundred of people standing in line to get the ONE that is offered and the other 99 walking away still unemployed. When minimum wage went up many companies began cutting the hours available to be worked for their full time employees. The amount of work that is required of them hasn't gone down but now they no longer qualify for benefits since they don't work the required amount of hours and they have to buy insurance with the reduced amount of money they're making. Do you seriously not understand basic economics at all?

4. I agree there aren't enough jobs, but there is tons of stuff that needs fixed around this country. It needs cleaned and maintained,and if the taxpayers are paying for your food and housing you owe it to them to do something in return.

The people do NOT owe the government or YOU a blasted thing! THIS type of thinking is the reason our country is screwed; not because 5th graders can't name the first president or because half the country can't pick out Iran on a global map, but because of the entitlement thinking that somebody owes you something. The OP is still capable of manual labor and good for him but to view your fellow human being as a commodity that contributes to YOUR welfare (yes I said WELFARE) is the most entrenched entitlement mentality there is.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by whitewave]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I can't believe that some people here are basicly supporting forced slavery. Really?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Let's make work mandatory, just like they want to make healtcare mandatory. Almost everyone in this country is capable of some sort of work. Even a person with Downs Syndrome can work at McDonalds.

I say unless you are quadrepalegic then you should be able to do something useful. I know there is high unemployment, but lets put people to work for minimum wage to clean the streets by hand or to carry a working person's breifcase from place to place.

I say if you refuse to work, you should get the same fines as what they propose in Healthcare "Reform" for not having insurance.

There is no excuse not to work unless you are severly ill or severly handicapped. Even most people in wheelchairs can drive around and move somthing from place to place or work in an office answering the phone.

Work is good. Work raises your self worth and makes you a contributor instead of a taker. Work is a health issue. Work is healthy!

[edit on 13-10-2009 by StinkyFeet]

That would be great, except that inevitably some people who went to college for, say, medicine, would have to take a job as janitor or something, because the job supply and demand are never perfectly matched.

Not everybody who is unemployed is doing so out of laziness. Some because they were let go from their jobs (and not necessarily for performance reasons) Those people would be working if they had the opportunity.

Creating work opportunity is not something you can just do. There has to be a need for the kind of work a person can do. And people don't just change careers instantaneously, a career change comes at a great cost.

-rrr

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
What i say to this is that alot of people that do have jobs, have never worked a day in there lifes. Getting paid to gossip all day about useless rubbish. I call that great work lol.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I was just wondering how you intend to create all these jobs, and then, how will you pay the workers? The unemployment lines are full now, and yet you want to put Everybody to work? How would that be possible?

There are people all over this country who have been working on this problem for decades. Every idea they come up with is instantly thrown out for being "too expensive". Sorry, this is no different. You are not the first person to think of this. It's even been studied to let them work in public buildings for the amount of the public assistance check, even if it's only cleaning toilets, or running copy machines.

But by the time you hire people to train them, supervise them, be there with them while they are working, it is again thought to be too expensive.

It's quite a delimma with no easy solution.

Interesting fantasy though. Despite the fact that it is inherently unrealistic.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The OP's Orwellion statement is quite frankly strange.

I never often read stuff on here that makes my skin crawl, this was one of those times.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
there are many many asinine things here on ats but seriously we should consider yearly awards

this would definitely win for most ignorant way of thinking

why is this thread still even here?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I am a stay at home housewife with a 12 room house to clean!
Trust me,I work and for no pay thank-you!

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

reply to post by severdsoul

If they dont work, and cant afford to live, or at least try to work, oh well let them starve. (except speical needs, etc.)

Thanks for posting. I can live with your approach. Also, I consider raising children work, as long as the one raising the children isn't being subsidized by tax dollars.

I can agree with this statement somewhat. There are always excemptions though. Take me for example. I am currently recieving public assistance, I work full time also. There was a time when I was making very good money but I was laid off from that job. I now have to support 2 kids and still pay all the bills I had before but on less then half the pay I was making. now before you all jump down my throat and say I need to cut back, I have. I sold my house for a loss because I could not afford to stay, I now pay rent and a mortgage, I have no cable tv, I have no internet access at home, ( I have nice neighbors that allow me to use there wireless), I have no home phone but I do have a cell phone. concidering how offten I'm not home that is a wise investment. With the temp dipping into the high 30s latley I still have not turned on my heat because I can not afford it. Me and my kids just make sure we have plently of blankets. Heat is not an option till Dec. So if it was not for public assistance I would be living in a shelter and not able to have my current job, recieving more public assistance.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join