It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Make Work Mandatory or you go to jail!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by StinkyFeet

This is dumb!

You cannot force labour onto anyone.... people who work do so because they either like their job or because they have to to look after their families.... you can't force people to do a job they wouldn't like and would probably only last a week at that job anyway....

I say give people the opportunity to find a job they love doing before forcing them to do any old job just for the sake of you wanting to save your tax dollar!

FORCED LABOUR!! OMG!

WHO ARE YOU?

ARE YOU ONE OF THE GUYS READY TO BE STANDING THEIR WITH YOUR WHIP?

WHO ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT EXACTLY? YOUTHS WHO HANG OUT IN GANGS? IF THAT'S THE CASE THEN FAIR ENOUGH BUT NOT THE ORDINARY GUY WHO'S LOOKING TO BETTER HIMSELF AND WHO IS QUALIFIED TO DO SOMETHING OTHER THAN PICKING UP RUBBISH!

And i just had to read the headline again.... OR GO TO JAIL!! WHAT? Are you serious? You can't chuck everyone in jail either.... better to send them to join the army or something.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by StinkyFeet
reply to post by Doc Holiday

Well let me qualify that. As long as you arent being a burden to the nation and you have your own resources then you are free not to work.

That's the way it is now.
Well, if we ignore welfare.

So basically what you mean is, END WELFARE NOW!

And I agree. End it.

I agree too, but do you know what you are talking about? Are you one of those under the "percentage spell"?
All stats on this subject is oddly done only in percentages because by percent it makes it look like whites are not on welfare. But the sad truth is there are more whites than blacks on welfare. How do they skew the figures? Easy, percentage on your OWN RACE population/ not against ALL RACES!
That's why the Illuminati love you so much - so easily fooled!

answers.yahoo.com...
www.ask.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Let's see, when was SLAVERY abolished?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DaWhiz

Well this thread isn't about race. I don't think white people or any others should be gettng money to lay around all day watching tv. Don't try to pull this race card on this one.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Long thread and I apologize if this has been brought up, I didn't have the time to read it all. I work in Corrections so I KNOW this. Do you know what it costs to house an inmate for 1 DAY? Just under $300. That's $2100/week. I think that welfare costs substantially less.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DaWhiz

It isn't slavery. Its just common sense. If we are going to give you money to live then you are going to have to contribute. If you don't want to contribute then you get no money and you and your family can starve, no matter what race you are.

Couple of points for everyone.
1. Just because you got an education and think you are special now, doesn't mean you are too good to work at Taco Bell or picking up trash. You were supposed to get an education, so it doesn't make you special that you did what you were expected to do.

2. No one is entitled to anything form the government.

3. Just because one day you made 50k and now the economy sucks and you can only make 8/hr then you suck it up and do it until you find something better. Of course, stay on unemployment until it runs out becaue you and your emloyer paid into an insurance fund for that.

4. I agree there aren't enough jobs, but there is tons of stuff that needs fixed around this country. It needs cleaned and maintained,and if the taxpayers are paying for your food and housing you owe it to them to do something in return.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

StinkyFeet, if I had the choice between "mandatory work or go to jail" and "don't advocate against people's freedoms or go to jail" I'd much rather put you in jail for advocating against my freedom to not work. Ideally we would have freedom to use our bodies how we see fit (short of harming others with our body any way).

This is pretty simple right? I believe in freedom and you believe in slavery... the right to force others to work for you? We aren't really so different though. Since you believe in slavery I support other people enslaving you against you will, along with any else who thinks slavery is just fine and dandy.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by truthquest

Well you know that old saying "Eat the Rich", maybe they are wanting to eat the wrong group of people. Rich people = ok, Lazy Peope= Bad

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

reply to post by DaWhiz

It isn't slavery. Its just common sense. If we are going to give you money to live then you are going to have to contribute. If you don't want to contribute then you get no money and you and your family can starve, no matter what race you are.

1. Just because you got an education and think you are special now, doesn't mean you are too good to work at Taco Bell or picking up trash. You were supposed to get an education, so it doesn't make you special that you did what you were expected to do.

3. Just because one day you made 50k and now the economy sucks and you can only make 8/hr then you suck it up and do it until you find something better. Of course, stay on unemployment until it runs out becaue you and your emloyer paid into an insurance fund for that.

4. I agree there aren't enough jobs, but there is tons of stuff that needs fixed around this country. It needs cleaned and maintained,and if the taxpayers are paying for your food and housing you owe it to them to do something in return.

Well technically people who are collecting money from the government are contributing to the economy. But let me ask you this, have you ever been on welfare? Unemployment? You can only collect unemployment for one year and it is only $200-300 a month for the average person. Not very much. Food stamps are around $100 a month. None of that covers rent, utilities, gas, car payments, gas for the car, etc. Food is expensive if you are trying to keep it healthy, unless you want to buy a bag of 100 frozen buritos for $10(I would strong recommend not doing something like that). I've been on both, and I know many who have been on it, trust me, they aren't living a rich and prosperous life. The only way you can get good unemployment benefits is if you had a high paying job, or you have a city job that paid well.

There are people that abuse the system, but the solution is pretty easy on that. Regulate it better. But they don't. Again, you tax dollars aren't necessarily going to this, not as much as you think. I'm all for a lot less government, and I'm for the dismantling of the welfare system, but there's just one problem. The government created it for a reason. They know people are out there abusing it. They know that more and more people need it. Why do you think jobs are disappearing? This "bad economy" was engineered so that there wouldn't be any good paying jobs so that people would either have to collect from the government, or if they are lucky, find a shift open at Burger King or any other minimum wage dead end occupation. This is where they want us, doing jobs like this so that we cannot make progressive changes to our lives. I know so many people with college degrees that were ready to use them, but they found out that they can't because the jobs aren't out there, most have loans to pay back, and are now resorting to being turned down at fast food places and some end up selling drugs. Then when they are arrested for doing this, they are looked down on as scum by self righteous people like you.

You are very much off in your points. It tells me you are a very naive person. Probably one of those people who scream at a homeless person who holds a will work for food sign on the side of the road to get off his lazy bottom and get a job. If you do that, then i bet it makes you feel good about yourself doesn't it? No one feels the government owes them anything or are entitled to anything, unless you have fallen for their B.S into thinking that you do need something from them. I think you need to remove your head from where the sun doesn't shine and take a good look at what is going on.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth Lumina

Probably one of those people who scream at a homeless person who holds a will work for food sign on the side of the road to get off his lazy bottom and get a job.

You do know that most of those guys on the exits are just con-artists. Many of them make more than you probaby do a year.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

It is a personal choice to be lazy. Its called freedom. Sorry to hear you hate freedom so much. Why not move to China? They hate freedom there for sure and maybe since you have the mindset you could be one of the slave masters while your peasants toil for $1 a day.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthquest

It is a personal choice to be lazy. Its called freedom. Sorry to hear you hate freedom so much. Why not move to China? They hate freedom there for sure and maybe since you have the mindset you could be one of the slave masters while your peasants toil for $1 a day.

Well if you are going to choose to be lazy then you shouldn't be handed free food, housing, and money. You should starve to death. You reap what you sew, or at least you should.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Well if you are going to choose to be lazy then you shouldn't be handed free food, housing, and money. You should starve to death. You reap what you sew, or at least you should.

So, you're for a communal society?

What should the role of government be in such a society?

What entitlements should "citizens" have from a government in such a society?

How would such a society look in today's America?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthquest

Yes, but you SHOULDNT go to jail.

But if you want welfare, it is logical that you should do something for it. It doesnt have to be much, just to keep working habits.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I said work for food, not money, comprehend what you read, if you cannot then I suggest taking a course. I was homeless once, so i know of the cons you refer. Bet you put all of the homeless under that stereotype don't you? So if some "bum" is asking you for food (not money) then that person is a con artist? No wonder why you want lazy people in jail, you probably think they are thieves. So is a family with no home or work lazy freed loading con artists for daring to ask for help? Self righteous, compassionless people like you make me sick. Perhaps you ought to be in prison for that. Sound extreme? So is what you are suggesting.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Well you know that old saying "Eat the Rich", maybe they are wanting to eat the wrong group of people. Rich people = ok, Lazy Peope= Bad

I think you meant to say poor people = bad. Or at least that's what it seems like. You don't think there are lazy rich people? What about heiresses like Paris Hilton? You think she has done a hard days work in her life?

And as for people calling for dismantling the welfare system, what is the alternative? Eugenics? I'm all for welfare reform but getting rid of it? What system would replace it? What would you do about the hardworking people who are actually looking for work? I guess they would just starve because that's the way you think the world should work.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Right ON Commrade!!! Lets also make it a law that if you cant work for whatever reason than you should be taken out back and shot!. Oh yeah and lets make it a law that if yoy work too hard and make too much you must give the overage to the government so it can go on destroying entire countries and its populations that resist our thinking!! Hell yes!! Lets make it a law that anyone that says a bad thing about anouther person goes directly to jail if more than three persons can privide witness against said perpetraitor. Hell yes letts just throw out the constitution since its just another
God Damned piece of paper anyways!! People like you Make me understand why the US is in so much trouble. This Thread and its concept makes my stomach turn from tryng to digest all the ignorance of its premise.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Sounds like a great plan, Fuhrer.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by metamagic

Brilliant!

Kudos Metamagic

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   

reply to post by DaWhiz

There are tons of things that need to be fixed, yes, there is!! And, we the taxpayers have paid to have alot of it done!! So, anyone seen any bridges being repaired?? Where's all that stimulus money going to? Some of it going to little signs saying hey, this is where the stimulus money is going....have you seen any of these signs. If so, have they been connected to any of these tons of things that need to be fixed?

I don' t think the problem is with the american people. And, like many of us have pointed out, the laws were changed during the clinton years. the people on welfare are expected to work. There's even little work projects set up for them in case they can't find a real job. I know because well, when a friend in NY actually found herself a job opportunity that would have led to a $10/hr job, she was blocked from taking it! Ya see if required a couple of weeks of unpaid training, which she was willing to do...but they didn't see that as a paid job. She they made her continue on with her little gov't subsidized, made up just for them, work program! Was what she doing necessary, yes, she was a bus aide for one of the non-profits in the county. But, that job was only temporary, just long enough for her to meet the mandate. The other job wasn't temporary, and would have enabled her to be self sufficient! I"ve also watched parents with two or three kids having to go to work, their car expense was paid (ya know welfare will buy you a car if that's the only way you can get to work!!), there's the clothing allowance, work related expenses, ect. All for a minimum wage job. It is costing us more money for some of these people to work than it would be to just let them sit home and be MOM!!!
It's not the people that are the problem, it's the government!! And the corruption within the system. Some of that stimulus money is going towards building an airport. This airport isn't needed, there's one regional and one big airport within 30 miles of it! Both those airports are operating at 50% or less capacity... The people around that airport don't want it. AND, THERE'S PLENTY OF BRIDGES IN THE AREA THAT NEED TO BE FIXED!! But, I bet they build the airport, and, I bet the two people who want to build it is buddy buddy with someone who had the power to get it for them!
That's all that our government has become, them, taking our money from us, to give it to a buddy, who promises to do good things for we the people with it! The only jobs that this creates are primarily government funded and many would vanish if we actually did solve the problem of proverty! So, where exactly is the incentive to end the proverty, end the welfare? It's a big money game!

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join