It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Make Work Mandatory or you go to jail!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by StinkyFeet
reply to post by Traffic

This is true. Maybe we could trade them to another country for someone who wants to work.

We have to cut the fat around this country and start getting the bills paid.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by StinkyFeet]

Most of that fat lies with:

Politicians
Lobbyists
Unions
PACs
CEO's
Wall Street
The Fed
and on, and on...

The current system is not working and needs to be replaced.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by StinkyFeet

And just were do you propose to find jobs for everyone to work at? The economy is still shedding jobs each month and putting more people out of work every day, so again, I ask you where you expect to find jobs for people.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Man these kinda threads just show how far Europe and the US are apart on views. I am SO glad to be in Europe. The US doesn't really looks like a place where one would want to raise his children and has equal chances for everyone.

Think I will stop responding on these boards altogether, prolly even stop reading it coz some people here scare me!

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Dear StinkyFeet,

the mere words mandatory and jail in one sentence are enough to tell me that you haven't really given your post much thought.
Without prejudice, your idea stinks to high heaven.
Good Lord, we're trying to get away from anything "mandatory".
We're free human beings.
We need a completely different system, not more of the same.
The fact that "they" want to make healthcare mandatory, doesn't mean "we" have to emulate them. In fact, it's a bloody good marker for all real freedom loving people not to to go down the same road.
The promise technology gave us 40 years ago was that production would be automated and we would all have ample time to follow our talents.
You sound like Goebels: "Arbeit macht frei".
Arbeit does not make Frei, it makes slaves.
We should be making art, improving our skills, healing, making music finding out who we are, and to quote Bill Hicks: exploring outer space together........balls to work. Let the machines do the work. That's why we made them.
Work is not the reason we are here.
The fundamental Christian Puritans may have taught you that work is all, but believe me, it is not so.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

reply to post by captaintyinknots

Also, the real question is, are you okay with punishing children for the choices of their paretns? You are advocating letting the kids starve because mom and dad were lazy

Yes I am perfectly ok with it. Maybe if their kids start dropping dead from starvation maybe they willl get off their lazy asses and find a way to support them. The truth is even on Welfare a good portion of the kids don't get proper food, because their parents sell the food stamps for drugs or shinny rims.

The author of this thread obviously stereotypes unemployed people as drug taking layabouts who don't feed their kids.

With this kind of blatant stereotyping being lapped up and accepted by most of the people responding to the thread is a very scary thing to me! My how the powers that be will be pleased.

Question to author, do you have an issue with Homosexuals, Muslims, Non-white people?

Human kind is getting more partisan and prejudiced towards each other everyday, worrying times indeed.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Lets make everyone self sufficient - able to cut themselves off the financial system, the utilities system, the food distribution system - the tax system.

Lets get everyone to produce their own food, water, power, transport and shelter.

Lets get everyone to say fk you to the controllers of society - lets get everyone to be free to spend their time to directly improve the lives of themselves, their families and communities.

Lets get everyone in a position to say fk you to the corporations - so they don't have to support the lifestyles of the fat cats who have bent capitalism into fascism - who create laws to profit themselves and rape the peasants.

Lets get everyone to say - -- you Stinkyfeet - you are a purveyor of the globalist agenda.

Do you think working at McDonalds and fattening up both the average consumer and the corporate bottom line will give anyone a sense of self worth? Perhaps if they have no idea of what damage they are actually doing they might.

Only by people finding ways to limit their interaction with the confining system of fascism - can we possibly be free.

The internet has allowed people to cut themselves away form the system of corporate information - and look at the result of that one small step of self sufficiency and freedom - it looks poised to destroy the globalist controllers entirely.

Don't consume - don't buy from corporations - don't support their crap - don't pay tax - don't loan money - don't use a bank - don't work.

Their power dies with those systems of slavery.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

at the same time one could suggest that we abolish all nations and goverments and that all just take care of their own , wouldent that be utopic

point is no matter how much you your self cut your self of/away from any of thous two you still occupy their land, they that pay tax and belive in nations and goverments that support its citizents.

and one other thing , no one is forcing you to go to a burgerflip joint to eat or drink branded soda or wear clothes made in child labour countries or to support any of them , if you feel forced then it might be a good time to stop watching tv or hanging around the net , the choise is pury yours who you support and who you dont within this frame of life.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonfly386

Well said and exactly so. Not to rail on the OP but this thread was the inspiration for a thread I recently started entitled "Human Resources".

The concept that we are assets belonging to another to be used up or punished as "defective product" is totally lacking in all humanity.

Again, this is not an attack on the OP but myself drawing a line in the sand saying, "NO MORE!" Thank you OP for the inspiration.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
What a fantastic idea!!!!!

I'm behind you 110%.

Maybe then, "they" could afford to buy there own healthcare or contribute to an employer sponsered plan.

Ahh.....what a nice dream.

Of course your gonna have problems with people who don't want to work and think that the government should take care of them......

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

To a certain extent this is advancement, but its not enough. Self suffieciency is still a dog eat dog world where those gifted with brains and health survive and succeed versus EVERYONE. We are ONE. We need UNITY. So, while setting up self sufficiency such as Hialiens wonderful thread: Awakening II: Free Cities www.abovetopsecret.com...
(and this is an incredible work, he has worked on this for months, and I am so impressed!!!!) you have to have a people's self council that is run from grass roots. Joint decisions still must be made, organization, education, and projects that are ecologically designed to advance and improve the race, including all the people, who are not born with equal conditions. We still need to do it in an organized way that INCLUDES EVERYONE, except for the annanuki. They still have many cycles to go to advance unless they prove themselves to be servants to others needing no rewards.

In other words, this is moving people away from TPTB, and ensuring FREEDOM.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by Unity_99]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
As a philosopher I am always working.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

reply to post by Doc Holiday

Well let me qualify that. As long as you arent being a burden to the nation and you have your own resources then you are free not to work.

That's the way it is now.

Well, if we ignore welfare.

So basically what you mean is, END WELFARE NOW!

And I agree. End it.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

What is it to you if people choose to work or not? Don't even give me the welfare speech, cause our government just prints money under the guise of sending our tax dollars there. Our tax dollars are being used for missiles and fancy vacations for our dear lords, I mean politicians. Also, how are you being affected by lazy people? Lazy people are harmless, they just want to do, nothing. Many people don't want to be wage slaves. Working endless hours in a dead end job and barely having enough for food, what kind of life is that? Most of us can do it with the illusion that great things will happen (they won't until you find more gainful employment) or because they have to because of kids, bills, etc.

After witnessing first hand what happens when you make life working for nothing that brings you happiness, then I honestly cannot blame people for being lazy. The system is screwed up enough to where we pretty much are slaves with the illusion of freedom but when we have an idiotic idea from someone like you from a post like this just makes me sick. Mandatory work, mandatory volunteering, mandatory taxes, mandatory taxes on how much you crap in your toilet (that'll come someday), mandatory this, mandatory that. The latest American trend, "let's all just go social!"
Also, typical of many self righteous people, let's just send everyone to jail.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Ironic that the OP is from Kentucky where this was recently in the news where 10,000. people applied for 90 factory jobs building washing machines in the Louisville area.

Excerpt:

"In the latest sign of weakness in Louisville-area employment, about 10,000 people applied over three days for 90 jobs building washing machines at General Electric for about $27,000 per year and hefty benefits......"

This is a sign of the times and exactly what I was referring to yesterday about the US losing their manufacturing base and the continuing trend of the loss of blue collar/working class jobs being replaced by lower paying service industry jobs.

You can't earn a decent living off of many/most service industry jobs such as at McDonalds/Taco Bell which is why they primarily employ teens.

Unfortunately Jail isn't the solution either for it only generates professional criminals, thereby perpetuating the trend.

On the other hand I can understand the OP's concern about the threat of Jail courtesy of the proposed healthcare system (which if you recall was his original point)....which in itself is indeed absurd.

www.courier-journal.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Jail huh?

Thats extreme

Ever been to jail? How does someone deserve the same as a murderer or rapist if they are depressed and cant get out of the house? Perhaps the mentally ill should be "allowed" to work at Mcdonalds right? Ever work there?

I dont understand why Jail is a better option than helping them find a career they can love and work hard at, and thats why most wont work.

I have worked hard my whole life, from McDonalads to the USMC Now I'm going back to school. Perhaps I should be imprisoned for faking sick too huh>? hahaha

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

reply to post by severdsoul

If they dont work, and cant afford to live, or at least try to work, oh well let them starve. (except speical needs, etc.)

Thanks for posting. I can live with your approach. Also, I consider raising children work, as long as the one raising the children isn't being subsidized by tax dollars.

Raising kids is the same amount of work whether a husband "funds" it or a woman with assistance because the man won't step up to the plate. Or are you posting under assumptions/stereotypes?
But then again, if you make sex illegal there won't be any illegitimate children to raise now would it? Now that sounds even better! HA!

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Let's make work mandatory, just like they want to make healtcare mandatory. Almost everyone in this country is capable of some sort of work. Even a person with Downs Syndrome can work at McDonalds.

I say unless you are quadrepalegic then you should be able to do something useful. I know there is high unemployment, but lets put people to work for minimum wage to clean the streets by hand or to carry a working person's breifcase from place to place.

I say if you refuse to work, you should get the same fines as what they propose in Healthcare "Reform" for not having insurance.

There is no excuse not to work unless you are severly ill or severly handicapped. Even most people in wheelchairs can drive around and move somthing from place to place or work in an office answering the phone.

Work is good. Work raises your self worth and makes you a contributor instead of a taker. Work is a health issue. Work is healthy!

[edit on 13-10-2009 by StinkyFeet]

What you propose is great, I'm sure many homeless and unemployed would love to work. One problem, THERE IS NO WORK. Why do you think the government is saying its now 10 percent unemployment? Its much higher than that in most states.

P.S. they tried your idea in Russia and it didn't work, Remember the Soviet Union. Go ask them if they liked standing in lines for their daily bread. I know lets try your idea only lets have you dig ditches in the 90 degree heat for $5.00 an hour when that will provide you with no place to live, let alone food and fuel.

Are you going to feed and house all those who now have to be dependable?

What we need is less government (A new one)and less ideas like this and this nation will do fine. The Federal Reserve and our greedy government is totally responsible for this mess.

P.S. From your spelling I'm guessing your right at that minimum wage mark and you probably live at home with your parents. Grow up and you will have a different outlook on life.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I really hope this is sarcasm. There's a huge amount of unqualified workers out in the field. Some of which would be lucky to get a job at a minimum wage; fast food place. A bunch of illegal citizens are taking up the jobs for the poor or unqualified.
As well a bunch of people who are just getting out of their 2,4,6, years in college. And the jobs they had their eyes on are now suddenly gone.

Also it would cost the taxpayers an enormous amount of money. Just think about it! We already spend enough on our huge prison systems. This could be double if not tripled.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
although I completely disagree with being forced to do anything, I do see merit in the discussion overall.

I think if you are out of a job but continuing to collect social services, you should work 4 hours a day at least...even if its just easy jobs...watering plants in public areas and weeding, or picking up trash, delivering meals to elderly folks, etc...there are tons of very low stress, low impact, high value community service jobs that could and should be done for the unexployeed to continue getting social services while between jobs.

And ya, being a full time housewife/father is a job in itself so they would be exempt, however, they should be encouraged to take their little ones to a park or whatnot and clean it up there...what better way to spend time with the kid, keep him/her entertained, and teach social responsibility at the same time (along with get some exercise for both of em)

I like the idea, but I think it would have to be a optional thing...you want to collect minimum wage unemployment without end, perhaps free electricity, water, phone, and broadband net...then your going to be working mon-fri for 4 hours doing something.

as a taxpayer, I would welcome that...if I had to spend a few hundred bucks a year extra for those whom dont want a 9-5 and in return I live in a clean and beautiful town...I find that well worth it.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by d0p3d
Man these kinda threads just show how far Europe and the US are apart on views. I am SO glad to be in Europe. The US doesn't really looks like a place where one would want to raise his children and has equal chances for everyone.

Think I will stop responding on these boards altogether, prolly even stop reading it coz some people here scare me!

Being someone whom has travelled a bit, lived in England, France, Italy, Egypt, etc...I will say that no matter where you go (in western society anyhow), its all the same. There are extremes to every group and they are always the loudest. personally, I know about 2 extremists of all the friends and family members I have (and I come from a big family)..the rest are pretty middle of the road.
As far as raising children...no, you woudnt want to raise them here unless you had some decent money..not because of any political reason, its simply the standard of education in America has really degraded over the years into little more than teaching dates and facts verses teaching how to think. I would suggest for the raising of children, for educational purposes, England still has a pretty good establishment. America is where you go once you have your degree and want to make money/indulge in consumerism...just try not to get caught up in the politics (its a sports game here) and you will be pretty happy...especially if you have the option to jump off the land when it becomes annoying.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join