Let's Make Work Mandatory or you go to jail!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Let's make work mandatory, just like they want to make healtcare mandatory. Almost everyone in this country is capable of some sort of work. Even a person with Downs Syndrome can work at McDonalds.

I say unless you are quadrepalegic then you should be able to do something useful. I know there is high unemployment, but lets put people to work for minimum wage to clean the streets by hand or to carry a working person's breifcase from place to place.

I say if you refuse to work, you should get the same fines as what they propose in Healthcare "Reform" for not having insurance.

There is no excuse not to work unless you are severly ill or severly handicapped. Even most people in wheelchairs can drive around and move somthing from place to place or work in an office answering the phone.

Work is good. Work raises your self worth and makes you a contributor instead of a taker. Work is a health issue. Work is healthy!

[edit on 13-10-2009 by StinkyFeet]

+39 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
well thats stupid, what about the people that can afford not to work, or the hose wives that stay home with the kids..

thats all we need is more gov interviention....

Look at where more laws has got us so far..

I say lets go back to ripping out some of the laws that are there and get back to the basics.

If they dont work, and cant afford to live, or at least try to work, oh well let them starve. (except speical needs, etc.)

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Hummphf....and i was looking forward to retirement...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

If they dont work, and cant afford to live, or at least try to work, oh well let them starve. (except speical needs, etc.)

Thanks for posting. I can live with your approach. Also, I consider raising children work, as long as the one raising the children isn't being subsidized by tax dollars.

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Forcing people to do something they do not want to do is just going to make life miserable for those of us that have to associate with them.

Imagine a world where every service industry employee acted like someone from the DMV.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Traffic

Well it beats the hell out of giving them government money for nothing. Its tough times these days, everybody needs to buckle down and stop living on the dole.

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
What about thoses of us that have everything they own paid off??
I like to work! But I work in my garden, yard, forest, cellar!
Sorry but a strange version of socialized/communism I'm NOT interested in!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

Well let me qualify that. As long as you arent being a burden to the nation and you have your own resources then you are free not to work.

+21 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Wow, I have seen more ignorant posts today than ever before on this site...

I live in a free country. I choose to work, so that I can live how I want to live. If I choose not to work, that's my prerogotive, and it affects no one but me. What does it do for you to make me work?

And let's not even get started on the fact that you are talking about true forced labor-which is not legal in this country.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by StinkyFeet
reply to post by Traffic

Well it beats the hell out of giving them government money for nothing. Its tough times these days, everybody needs to buckle down and stop living on the dole.
]

I'm not saying we should give them money, as I do not believe in the welfare system. However, sending them to jail would cost just as much if not more than the welfare system costs.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Welll that is fine. Then let's stop supporting the people and their children in this country who choose not to work but don't have the means to support themselves without government assistance.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Traffic

This is true. Maybe we could trade them to another country for someone who wants to work.

We have to cut the fat around this country and start getting the bills paid.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by StinkyFeet]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by StinkyFeet

Welll that is fine. Then let's stop supporting the people and their children in this country who choose not to work but don't have the means to support themselves without government assistance.

Great. Go for it. But dont think you are going to take away my constitutional rights to do so. That's grounds for war, my friend.

Also, the real question is, are you okay with punishing children for the choices of their paretns? You are advocating letting the kids starve because mom and dad were lazy-NOW THAT'S HOW WE BUILD A STRONG, CARING SOCIETY!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Also, the real question is, are you okay with punishing children for the choices of their paretns? You are advocating letting the kids starve because mom and dad were lazy

Yes I am perfectly ok with it. Maybe if their kids start dropping dead from starvation maybe they willl get off their lazy asses and find a way to support them. The truth is even on Welfare a good portion of the kids don't get proper food, because their parents sell the food stamps for drugs or shinny rims.

link   
reply to post by StinkyFeet

Well that makes sense. I am not too sure about the jail aspect, but the fines and restrictions should definetly apply. I know people who have lifed on social assistance for decades simply because they did not want to work and us tax payers have to foot the bill.

Everybody is capable of some sort of work. Even if it was as you said just carrying a people's briefcases from place to place.

I remember living in Toronto a few years back and the city had this wicked snow storm. The city workers went to all the places where people were on social assistance and asked them if they could lift a shovel.

Those who said yes, the city paid the ten bucks an hour to shovel snow out of people's driveways.

It was a good way for the city to get folks to work and it helped alot with the snow removal.

~Keeper

link   
Can we pick out or OWN briefcase carriers?

Can school count for a 'job' for my kids? I really don't want to put them in jail and they get bored carrying briefcases.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Great post. That is a perfect example of making use of the human resources in your country instead of training generations of people to become a burden to society.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Well if your posting on ATS at this time then you must not be working. Or you are at work which means your slacking on company time. Shame on you. Go to jail. Do not pass go, etc. Must be alot of trust fund babies on this site. I'm lucky if I get on here for an hour a day. Me, I'm on my lunch hour.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
So deny everyone the right to choose how they want to live their life.
If someone decides they just want to, "walk the earth " they should be
rolled up and thrown in jail.
For how long?
What planet are you from?
Back to The Third Riech.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
Can we pick out or OWN briefcase carriers?

Can school count for a 'job' for my kids? I really don't want to put them in jail and they get bored carrying briefcases.

I guess you could select those who needed to carry your briefcase as long as you didn't abuse that responsibity.

Ok course we are not talking about making children work. Just adults and maybe teens who have their own children. If you think you are so responsible as to have a kid then you should be so responsible as to work to provide for them.

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join