It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nanoparticles + Stem Cells = Faster Healing Wounds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
A new study may have hit upon another way to improve stem cells‘ ability to help repair damaged tissue. While stem cells can rapidly grow into any kind of new tissue, they aren’t always able to encourage new blood vessels to grow so that the tissue stays alive. But in a new study, published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, scientists describe a way around the problem. The researchers used nanoparticles to ferry a key gene into the stem cells, which caused the cells to recruit new blood vessels, thus fueling tissue growth.

blogs.discovermagazine.com...

Stem cell research is fascinating and glad to see it moving forward.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
That is wild.Science seems to have cleared that hurdle.Faster healing,shorter hospital stays.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by AgentX09]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Great Find.
Star and Flag

Ray Kurzweil has high hopes for the future as it relates to nanobots and health care. Here's a short clip of Ray describing the future of nanotechnology and how it will make us live longer.

Though I believe that nutrition is the key, I think this new technology, in conjunction with proper nourishment, will propel the human race into longer, healthier lives.

-Dev

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reminds me of the healing gew used in the new when the earth stood still.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd
Great Find.
Star and Flag

Ray Kurzweil has high hopes for the future as it relates to nanobots and health care. Here's a short clip of Ray describing the future of nanotechnology and how it will make us live longer.-Dev

Thank you for your find, have heard and read him in the past.

Futurist Ray Kurzweil says nanotechnology will enable us to email three-dimensional objects—and live forever.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Thanks for moving this thread, maybe it will get some attention here.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
A Safer Way to Transform Skin Cells Into Stem Cells Brings Medical Trials Closer

Researchers have found a new way to reprogram human skin cells to act like multipurpose stem cells, and say their safe technique produces stem cells that are ready for medical use. If the researchers are right, clinical trials on the induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells, which can turn into virtually any cell type and potentially be used to treat disorders ranging from spinal cord injury to diabetes, could start within two years

blogs.discovermagazine.com...

Related infomation on this important topic.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Sorry, but two thumbs down from me..

Stem cells came from human embryos. I find it disgusting in order to save life or simply for convenience, we have to take another life without consent from her.

What's so spectacular about stem cell research despite we have innumerable ways to 'kill a cat' but we like to kill embryos instead, right?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Embryo's (egg cells) are aborted monthly it called a menses cycle in woman, they are not life unless or until they are fertilized and there is no reason they shouldn't be used in my opinion. There are also thousands of eggs harvested and preserved for woman who cannot have children, they are keep for a certain amount of time and destroyed, see no reason why they shouldn't be used for stem cell research either.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk
reply to post by Aquarius1

Sorry, but two thumbs down from me..

Stem cells came from human embryos.

ok OP, sorry you had to deal with this type of ignorance here..
but information is cherry picked right..? and they'll keep screaming about embreyos and stem cells just because it gives them an adrenal high and they get an oportunity to get all huffy and spout off..

even thoguh reality has //ahem// CHANGED
and as of TWO years ago..
the science of producing STEM CELLS from SKIN CELLS has been practiced.

even though using aborted embryos isn't the way to do it...
theylll keep screaming about it .. because it's their only opinion they learned to ever have on the subject.. so they need it there.
it's like even though it's taken from skin cells now... they'll still never back it.. because they're easily trained emotional creatures of habit.

easier to train than a dog even.

NPR news - Stem Cells From Skin Cells, Not Embreyos.
but uh oh that's NPR i must be a left wing nut .. ok I'm actually NOT so here's 2,260,000 Google results for "stem cells" "from skin"

blablalbalblablalbalbla we like to kill embryos instead, right?

yes we love to kill embreyos.
we love killing little developing babies...

....psychotic.

-

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Thanks prevenge, I no longer try to convince anyone of anything when they are not willing to look at the facts, instead listen to the hype and take it as truth, don't see the point, having said that I love ATS because we have members here who are willing to do the research and know what they are talking about before they open their mouth..what a concept.

new topics

top topics

join