It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are there any firefox addons just for ATS?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
hi all.

I am trying firefox, now, for ats. Does seem to load ats faster than explorer.

I wonder, with the plethora of addons for firefox, are there any addons made just for abovetopsecret, by any of the members?

flickr has many.
probably facebook too.

????

thanks, freestone

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Nope. But what kind of addon would be useful? If you have a decent RSS reader, what more would you add?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Okay so this thread has my attention now, looking forward to reading more ideas.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
There used to be a search engine plugin. (along these lines) But unfortunately, I'm not able to find it anywhere.

If someone still has it, I'd appreciate a post.

Not strictly ATS, but a good dictionary is always useful in making your post more legible. (I use this one)

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
mashable.com...

The 15 add-ons we’ve gathered below for Firefox will help with everything from navigation to uploading, accessing Flickr in countries that block the service, and much more.

I looked at some of those flickr extensions, you're right there are a lot, but some of them are just solving problems unique to flickr, for example:

Flickr Themr – Tired of Flickr being white everywhere you look? Flickr Themr will add a blue & gray theme to the site as you browse it.

ATS isn't white everywhere! Now if you really wanted some blue with your gray I guess you could write an extension to add a little blue but that's not on my list of priorities.

Even after looking at that list of flickr add-ons, I can't think of any add-ons we need just for ATS.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I want a tin foil Firefox add on.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Nope,would be good to have.But firefox does have alot of add-ons that are useful regarding ATS.Newsfox or news addict for breaking news and equake,politics and earthquakes get alot of attention round here specifically.So those are two good little add-ons to have.Would be nice to have an add-on tailored for ATS though,i think if you took a poll most ATS'ers would be using firefox.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I've been thinking about an addon that would log each time you post so that on the longer threads you can just jump straight back in where you left off and read from there, rather than working backwards from the last post.

But my knowledge of making FF add ons is almost zero - maybe it would be a good project for someone else?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
I've been thinking about an addon that would log each time you post so that on the longer threads you can just jump straight back in where you left off and read from there, rather than working backwards from the last post.

But my knowledge of making FF add ons is almost zero - maybe it would be a good project for someone else?

Lots of forums have a "go to first unread post" function, but that requires a cookie.

Might not be in the 'spirit' of a conspiracy discussion forum - it might just give rise to more conspiracy sidetracks.

But I agree that this would be a great improvement.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
here's a thread with firefox addons.
www.belowtopsecret.com...
I don't know how many will specifically help your ATS experience, but it will certainly make FF more fun.

edit: grammar and link

[edit on 14/10/09 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

...but that requires a cookie.

Might not be in the 'spirit' of a conspiracy discussion forum - it might just give rise to more conspiracy sidetracks.

I currently have 20 cookies from abovetopsecret and 13 from belowtopsecret. ATS does in fact use cookies, most websites do.

For those interested, here's the cookie editor plugin for Firefox.

[edit on 17/10/09 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
One FireFox add on that I find invaluable is ScribeFire. It's meant for blogging but it's a great little word processor. I use it compose posts. Cut and paste articles, links and items that I might need. I can even use it to store or archive my work. One thing for certain, it beats the word processor app that ATS provides (sorry SO).

So no more lost posts in the middle of writing. With ScribeFire I have my posts saved and archived. I have my research at hand. It's probably my most utilized tool when I'm on ATS! Check it on on the listing of FireFox Add Ons.

new topics

top topics

join