It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's shaking the skies of the North West?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I've been watching eQuake Alert and seen numerous 5+ quakes - at maximum so far ten in a single day all around the Pacific plate. They started with the 7's a couple weeks ago and just have not stopped since then. The 6.3 in the Fox Islands that just occurred is the latest in a long line of quakes. Even places like Iran and Tajikistan are seeing 5.0's. The usual level of these quakes are 2 and 3's. Not even counting the 4's.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
They are cutting off California from the rest of the U.S. so it falls into the ocean easier. Very strange though.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relative Five
They are cutting off California from the rest of the U.S. so it falls into the ocean easier. Very strange though.

That's not funny.
And probably not that much of a stretch.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BuffaloJoe

Wow that first one was really strange! At one point it kinda sounded like an eerie jungle beat.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The YouTube "strange sounds" clips do sort of sound like wind. The rumble I hear is just that, a rumble. Almost like a cross between a freight train and jet noises.

I just assumed jet because I didn't think about it much but maybe its not coming from the sky

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Hey guys, questions

does this occur during the day time with a clear sky?

if not does it only occur during overcast and at night?

if thats the case, has anyone tried flying a kite or something that can get an altitude or shooting a gun in the sky (wouldnt advise that tho)

now ill agree its most likely underground digging of bases, but from that video he says the noise seems to come from everywhere, this issss a stretch but what if its a mothership hovering right over that city with a cloaking device?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RipCity-J
I live in Clackamas County as well. I have never heard the night rumblings that my other fellow Oregonian is talking about, But im sure going to start listening. Interesting when a thread on here hits home. Any other Oregonians out there have any simillar reports out there?? I will post back tomorrow see If I see/ hear anything strange tonight.

Multnomah County checking in and nope; I haven't heard rumblings, but it could be all the endless construction is masking it...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BuffaloJoe
Are these good examples of what everyone is talking about?

Strange Sounds #3 sky[/url]

That one sounds just like a fumerole.

Anyone in these areas smell sulfur while/after hearing the noise?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by vampira309

The noise that I heard Sunday evening is exactly what you describe in your prior post in this thread, and I am kind of your neighbor in Clackamas County (I live near the edge of Oregon City).

What made me wonder about the cause, was that it seemed to last about 20-30 seconds, so I did not think it was thunder. It was not raining, and not even really cloudy. I was very sure that it came from the sky, but who knows, maybe it was the ground rumbling or something else.

I'm not really a frequent poster, but I think it is very interesting that we seem to have heard the same thing. Will keep my ears open and post if I hear this noise again.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
projectcamelot.org...

Not sure of validity, but found it while researching this...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

That is just plan creepy. I have yet to hear if this is similar to the sounds here in MN.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
this may or may not be on topic, but when a jet is going say Mach 3, do you hear just 1 sonic boom? If just one, is it any different than one would be just going Mach 1? I was in the AF but my experience is limited to C-130s. Not a chance of approaching the sound barrier.

I was just thinking if they are flying the replacement for the SR71, or the next one around, it may cause these issues, and nobody will admit to it flying.

I take that back I didnt hear a sonic boom, just a very loud and unusual boom.

If the SR71 Blackbird taveled at mach 3 in the 60's. we know they have something new that hasnt been retired yet that we dont know about.

That is a good point. By the time we heard it we would lose sight.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnSmit

That's an interesting concept. Not only are natural disasters increacing at a rapid rate but so are UFO sightings. Even reported by the elite.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by BuffaloJoe
Found these two vids on youtube because I wanted to see if anyone else had recorded what you all are reporting.

Are these good examples of what everyone is talking about?

Strange Sounds #3

Strange Sounds from the sky

Just listened to the first one and man that is totally creepy.

That would freak me out, as well as drive me crazy if it kept up.

Can't think what would cause it, sounds eerie

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
This is interesting stuff...

I’m gonna down load the youtube clips and play them back through an old sound editing tool i have... just curious to see what the sound like at different speeds. I'll let you know if i find anything interesting....

Personally I’m gonna rule out the whole underground base thing... I would go with either some kind of seismic activity or experimental aircraft!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The second one sounds similar to where I stay there is an oil refinery and sometimes when it goes into shutdown mode they flare off gas at high pressure.

But I guess there are no industrial process in the area where the video is made, else the locals would be used to it.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
reply to post by BuffaloJoe

Wow that first one was really strange! At one point it kinda sounded like an eerie jungle beat.

Both of those sound like aircraft, probably military. The first one might be one of the new pulse detonation engine aircraft that the Air Force is rumored to be flying, like the Blackswift. Someone just recently posted a picture that would seem to support that some type of high speed, Recon, UCAV is in fact being flown in the eastern US.

The second one is more conventional, but still quite loud. I would guess that both are most likely spy planes, as they are leaving in the middle of the night, so the second is most likely a U2. U2's are EXTREAMLY loud aircraft when they are flying to altitude. There are three active U2 squadrons, they are currently based at Beale Air Force Base, California.

This is not really that surprising, we are involved in two wars, and spying on at least one other country ATM after all.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
In the OP, there was a picture of a landslide in central Washington State. I was glancing thru CNN.com and found the story about the landslide, here's some quotes from the story and the link:

Link: www.cnn.com...

Quotes:
"The slide covered a quarter-mile to half-mile of State Route 410, which connects Yakima with Mount Rainier National Park, with rock up to 30 feet deep"

"Westbay said the slide was like nothing the state has seen before, in that it wasn't the result of a weather or seismic event.

"We've had rockslides, mudslides, avalanches, but nothing like this," he said. Geologists were calling it a "natural land movement," he said"

and the weirdest one of all, get this!

"For all the spectacle of the weekend, local resident Koch was impressed by something else Tuesday morning -- the government response.

"They're out there kicking bootie today," he said of the repair crews. "It's pretty amazing to see government moving that fast."

SOMETHING IS ROTTEN IN THE STATE OF DENMARK ME THINKS!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Jabba the Hut is in his lair with his new girlfriend

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I remember living on an AF base in high school and not far from my house (2 miles?) they would tie the jets down, full throttle and off/on the afterburner...wow was that something, you couldn't hear your self think and you felt like your chest was going to explode (if you were closer).

Sounds kinda like that as the above poster noted, but it would have to be stationary or just engine testing. I think if it was flying over the area the sound would be moving around more.

I think if there was a testing facility in the area people would know or suspect it, and given how its being heard all up and down the west coast I doubt thats what it is.

Before the land slide you posted the people there when it happened described like a 'loud boom box from a car' sound. So, makes me wonder what is going on under the ground.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join