It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will this symbol one day become the most feared & shunned in all of humanity? [VIDEO]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Will this symbol one day become the most feared & shunned in all of humanity?

(click to open player in new window)

Link to video...

Link to HD video...

A new film by Timo Arnall for Touch and Jack Schulze for BERG. This is the final version of the raw footage Jack was showing me on his jesusphone at the WIRED UK launch gig (by which time I'd drunk at least one bottle of Irish whiskey).

There are 4 billion RFID tags in the world. They may soon outnumber the people. Readers and tags are increasingly embedded in the things and environments in which we live. How do readers see tags? When we imagine RFID and their invisible radio fields, what should we see? Immaterials explains the experiments we have performed to see RFID as it sees itself.

RFID readers have a consistant common field shape as demonstrated in the video.

The field shape could come to define the symbol used by all RFID readers much like

the radioactivity symbol or the bluetooth symbol that have become familiar to us all.

Those symbols are not based on the fields they generate themselves, obviously, but

how abstract and yet original the field of an RFID reader... able to create it's own

symbol based on the field it creates. (It's not officially RFID's symbol, YET.)

When a globally reconized symbol for RFID's is eventually created... Will it be

feared and shunned like something out of the greatest SciFi movies?!?!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/642eb9c36efd.jpg[/atsimg]
It looks infinite yet it's disconnected... Perhaps a face can be seen within the proposed logo???

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
This is interesting on so many levels. I guess the question I have is where and when would such a logo be used?

The radio chips are often hidden in things, perhaps intentionally. In such cases a visible logo would alert us to the chip's or reader's presence.

Hmm, this is still something very new to me. Lots of alerts going off in my head about this issue -- my own internal "reader" if you will.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

If I understand your post...

'Chips' are passive elements that can be embedded in anything from a credit card (nice and flat and completely invisible) to a human being.

The reader is constantly sweeping looking for a response to the 'chip'.

So, until one gets within the range of that reader they are essentially invisible.

I'm not an expert on the topic. My understanding is that someday chips will be able to broadcast their presence... but that's a long way off. Until then, we have passive 'chips' and limited distance readers.

The field is 'ghostly' and very creepy looking when you couple it with what some people (TPTB) might like to use RFID's for in the coming decades.

My imagination also makes the leap (as in the reference to a SciFi movie) that the symbol for RFID technology could become a symbol of where one might obtain food, money (credits/SDR's/etc...) clothing and such; proudly displayed at locations throughout cities offering goods/services.

Flash your RFID Bailout Credit's Card to receive your hand outs from the Gov't.

[edit on 10·13·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Cool post! Kinda speechless, but very interesting to say the least

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

I always thought that chips do broadcast their radio signal all the time; only at a very weak strength. The place I once worked at had a security system that used them. You had to wave the little black thing near the reader and voila, the lock opened.

As a truck driver we had an rfi card that brought up a display of the driver's personal information and background on the customs officer's computer at least 15 feet before you even got to the booth.

I always had a little nagging doubt about what health risks there might have been from carrying something near to me that was always broadcasting radio waves. I am sure that as time goes on the broadcast strength will get much stronger and be readable at much greater distances; maybe even via sattelite. If it was an implant, then our wherabouts would always known.

Scary stuff for sure.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken, which I probably am, RFID chips are similar to the "easy pass" I have in my car. They don't have an internal power source to generate any kind of field but rather act as passive antennas that report their stored info by bouncing the signal back when hit with a reading device.

edit to add: Look up when you go through customs or a toll booth, you'll see something that looks like a radar gun, that's the reader that sends a signal to your ID device.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by zlots331]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

Its not catchy enough.

Mod Edit - Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: You Have An Urgent U2U- Click Here.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by elevatedone]

[edit on 13-10-2009 by elevatedone]

new topics

top topics

join