It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extra-Terrestrial Machines?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
1 SUN - 1 EARTH
1 SUN - 100BIL+STARS (1GALAXY)
1 GALAXY - (BIL MORE)

Technology is advancing so quickly & within such a short time span here, it seems to me other logically intelligent lifeforms (like us) would have evolved on much older planets within our own galaxy- let alone the billions of others & mastered the art of electrical quantum computer engineering & created a solar powered device with functioning ability in total so surpassing its creators reached a singular point at which it became aware as to enable self repair, advancement, modification & replication of itself to the implications of which...

Or is machine forever bound by requirement of an operator?

[edit on 13-10-2009 by L.J.C]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by L.J.C
1 SUN - 1 EARTH
1 SUN - 100BIL+STARS (1GALAXY)
1 GALAXY - (BIL MORE)

Technology is advancing so quickly & within such a short time span here, it seems to me other logically intelligent lifeforms (like us) would have evolved on much older planets within our own galaxy- let alone the billions of others & mastered the art of electrical quantum computer engineering & created a solar powered device with functioning ability in total so surpassing its creators reached a singular point at which it became aware as to enable self repair, advancement, modification & replication of itself to the implications of which...

Or is machine forever bound by requirement of an operator?

[edit on 13-10-2009 by L.J.C]

In theory, it is quite possible, try looking into "Anti-God" for more info. but honestly, I highly doubt any species more advanced than us would allow such a thing to occur. is a machine bound forever by an operator? no, it can be thrown away and not used, thus no operator, but the machine is still there and not bound. but your talking about it still functioning. But you have to take this into account, when a piece of equipment fails on the machine, how will it repair itself? where will the materials come from? a machine in my opinion can never become greater than its creators. But you have to think about this, its a machine, loyalty cannot be programmed, when self-aware (which in essence is what your talking about), it will no longer "require" its creators, and go rogue. at which point one of 2 things occurs, the creators destroy the machine, or the machine destroys the creators. the possibility exists, but everything is possible in theory.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
But why should they have inherited (programmed) need to destroy us when they just survive fine off the sun & don't require food?
As far as repair we'd have programmed into them all & everything we knew chemically, physically, philosophically, biologically...they'd be androids if they were to resemble us.

new topics

join