It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Dolan at the Project Camelot Awake and Aware Conference, Los Angeles, Sept 200

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
For anyone serious about researching and learning more about the UFO phenomena then this is a must watch! Richard Dolan is now widely considered to be the preeminent authority of UFO’s.

Dolan’s blend of intelligent research explained in plain English really helps get the message out. In this video he discusses information from his latest book: Volume 2 of UFOs and THE NATIONAL SECURITY STATE at the Project Camelot Awake and Aware Conference, Los Angeles, Sept 2009.

I have not embedded the video as it goes for over an hour. So here is the link: Enjoy!

www.youtube.com...

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14 Oct 09 by Gools]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by WorldObserver

WorldObserver,many thanks for posting that one -very important video that.

He makes some excellent points around the 0:19:00 mark.
Cheers.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I think (just MY opinion) that Richard Dolan is another Steven Greer.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by simonecharisse

Originally posted by simonecharisse

No, I must disagree. If you watch the complete video you will see that he rightly rips strips off Dr. Greer for his silly statements about abduction AND UFO disclosure.

Please watch the video in completion.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Listened to the interview, never watch the videos, glad you can download the mp3's.......Richard Dolan did an excellent interview with George Knapp on C2C AM

August 23, 2009

George Knapp was joined by acclaimed UFO historian Richard Dolan, who discussed his exhaustive research into the UFO phenomenon during the Cold War, as well as the national security state and cover-ups.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by WorldObserver
Richard Dolan is now widely considered to be the preeminent authority of UFO’s.

And Bugs Bunny is the preeminent authority of carrots!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

No, I must disagree. If you watch the complete video you will see that he rightly rips strips off Dr. Greer for his silly statements about abduction AND UFO disclosure.

And Richard Dolan believes that a UFO really crashed near Roswell! Now that's a silly statement/belief. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Thanks Skeptical Ed. Richard Dolan tells the press, newagey channelers tell him that preadatory fourth dimensional reptillians are out to get us. This is NO DIFFERENT than Steven Greer announcing on C2C that ETs beamed him up to their meditation classroom.
GRANTED> I have no doubt, that this multiverse we all reside in, is TEEMING with other beings and worlds, of multitudinous "densities". And I pretty much believe, because you see, hear, and experience it every day, that, some kind of cold-blooded (reptillian) forces do not have humanity's best interests at heart. AHEM> I have no reputation as a high profile researcher and author to uphold, cuz if I did, I --think-- I would not announce the above 'belief'.
HOWEVER> I would like Dolan and Greer to really try harder to keep a public image like the scientific GhostHunting teams on TV. Here is an example of what I mean. No matter what you think of Jason and Grant, I have ---never--- (someone correct me if I'm wrong) heard them dialog on about some newagey spiritual intentions and stuff, in the kind of detail that author J.K. Rowling (of Harry Potter fame) would conjure up, that newageys seem so fond of.
Go a. and slap me down, yall, but there is only ONE Jacques Vallee. Richard and Steve, you cannot and never be Vallee. Just like when that one guy said to Dan Quail, "Sir, you are no Kennedy". Each one of those brothers broke his own mold, as-it-were.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by simonecharisse]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
Listened to the interview, never watch the videos, glad you can download the mp3's.......Richard Dolan did an excellent interview with George Knapp on C2C AM

Yes he makes some extremely good points about certain UFO cases that are very difficult to ignore.

If you watch the complete video you will see that he rightly rips strips off Dr. Greer...

World Observer -I wouldn't hold out much hope for some folks actualy watching the presentation before posting in this thread.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

I don't always agree with your skepticism but will say my discernment meter is always on high.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Don't agree with you regarding Steven Greer, Kerry or whatever her name is badgered him and couldn't stand it because he doesn't agree with her personal agenda, maybe she should learn how to interview and listen to others point of view, professional she is not. I know Dr. Greer and don't always agree with his views but like him nevertheless.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by Aquarius1]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I like the way he has it all laid out rather than having to sieve through endless amounts of info to find what you are looking for. Will comment more when I finish.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Yeah, I hear ya. And I don't know why exactly, but the Project Camelot Couple give me the WILLIES. My spidey senses just get all a-tingling in allarm.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WorldObserver

Dolan’s blend of intelligent research explained in plain English really helps get the message out.

If you removed the word "intelligent" from that sentence I would agree fully. I used to drink at the fountain of Dolan, but after actually getting off my butt and looking into a few things, I noticed him spouting things over and over that were utterly false (and I know he has to know about it) in order to keep doing what he is doing.

He once tried to tell me about the "highly abnormal background radiation readings involved in the Bentwaters/Rendlsham case" all the while neglecting to mention the model of the counter that was used and why the readings have to be ignored because of it. Small details I know, but the repetition of such things are what makes this subject impossible to delve into. Upon further discussion he acknowledged the more than legitimate, factual concern over such a statement about the radiation, but went on to mention that his audience is not "that interested" in things that counter what they "want to believe or read about". Guy's got to earn a living, I'll give him that.

He ignores or omits PLENTY of things ON PURPOSE. As do most researchers. Nobody wants to buy or read a book that deflates their religion........

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Aquarius1

Yeah, I hear ya. And I don't know why exactly, but the Project Camelot Couple give me the WILLIES. My spidey senses just get all a-tingling in allarm.

Thank you Simon, there are other venues to hear the people I want to hear, am done with PC.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Project Camelot has been tarnished (and deservedly so). I wont go into it here, but a simple internet investigation should cast enough doubt on them for anyone other than the "religiously devout" ufo crowd.

And the fact the Dolan want to hold hands with fools like PC just, again, shows what kind of person he is and what his motives are.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Agree, hopefully the reason he did an interview with them is to promote and sell his latest book, have to sell those books at any costs.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
If you removed the word "intelligent" from that sentence I would agree fully.

ITF - like it or not Richard Dolan does make some excellent points about 'completely spurious' Air Force explanations for specific UFO incidents.

Its also interesting that one of the leading physicists of the time described these conclusions as 'absurdly erroneous'.

You can read about them here - I'd be interested to hear your opinions on them.

USAF Force Fit Debunks

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Nobody wants to buy or read a book that deflates their religion........

No..no they don't do they.

I beleive this statement also applies to UFO cynics as well.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
WorldObserver thanks for posting this conference footage. I enjoyed all 1:20 of it. Richard seems well educated and spoken, but maybe somewhat of a procrastinator (how long did he know about the conference, and he did is power point presentation on the plane?).

Aside from that he brought up an excellent point.

How could our government explain why they've lied to us for over 50+ years?

I believe (hope?) the people would be outraged with what ever answer the gov tried to give. The relentless ridicule of people for saying they saw something "unexplained". The verification of extensive cover ups. Possible deaths to keep this secret under wraps.

If our government is ever caught lying about this. Then guess what.....
They lied about 911
They lied about Technological Breakthroughs
They lied about Kennedy
They lied about Our Democracy
They lied about War
They lied about

And if you can't prepare a nice hot bowl of revolution with that....

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Thanks Skeptical Ed. Richard Dolan tells the press, newagey channelers tell him that preadatory fourth dimensional reptillians are out to get us. This is NO DIFFERENT than Steven Greer announcing on C2C that ETs beamed him up to their meditation classroom.

Simon-
We recently interviewed Dolan on the podcast and I for one was dismayed to see him entertaining thought about this channeling thing.

It turned out that Rich was pretty pissed over that article.

You can listen here

I have my own issues with Dolan's work, and I do feel he's lost some critical thinking skills along the past few years. He's a good guy and I like him, but we disagree on a great many things. I mean there he is talking at a Camelot thing...that oughtta be enough proof of a lack of critical thought right there.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by jritzmann]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join