It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams.....can you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Can people actually connect with other people in dreams - and both be aware of it the next day? This ever happened to anyone? Or anything like that?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Nope, that has never happened to me. Also I have never known anyone to experience that. But it would be pretty cool. Did that happen to you? I think there have been a couple of movies that have dealt with type of storyline.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
It has happened with my son and I. He's 10. We talk about our dreams a lot in my family because we all have very interesting ones
, so I know this can be done but it doesn't happen often. I would say it has happened 2 or 3 times with us.

Good start on a post!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Obviously, there might be a chance for it; if both persons dream about each other. I'm not saying that dreams would be consistent with each other.

Actually, between lovers this might be quite common. But are you now referring to something like that I would ask you about something in the dream, and you would response to my question, in a sensible and conscious way, like we would be talking in real, physical world?

-v

[edit on 13-10-2009 by v01i0]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Hey All,

Finally joined ATS, after how many years of overly-frequent browsing!!

Anyhow - just wanting to say...

YES!! I have experienced this with my brother, and even a couple of times we have recalled this to each other.

On a side note,
on several occasions (I can recall 3), most recently today when I was slaving away on school exams *groan*, I have heard my brother - as clear as day, like sitting next to me - even though he is in fact ages away.
Psychic link??
Pretty sure I was sober too xD

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by izoomonu

Despite the fact that you see your brother in your dreams, are you having sensible conversations even, or just dream about each other?

-v

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I do believe that we as humans send out signals whether in our sleep or when

we are awake to other people. What we perceive to be a meeting or connection

with another person by accident in some cases may not be an accident. Even if

you have dreamed about someone it does not mean you had a connection, but

how many times have you dreamed about someone either relative or friend and

you have called them the next day.

No different then thinking about someone and the next thing that happens you

get a call from that person or you call them and they were thinking of you.

Your dreams can make you take action on a project, idea, decision including

I believe meeting someone in your dream before you actually meet them in

person.

For someone to know that you are dreaming about them is possible but I

believe a very rare occasion. ^Y^

[edit on 13-10-2009 by amari]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

Good point I suppose. Maybe it is just coincidence.
Steven Greer, if he is a valid source, once wrote about this, spirit walking and meeting others within the astral plane.
I would bother to find the quote, but I'm practically face planting the desk with tiredness.

Guess this isn't the best way to introduce myself - im just gonna sneak over to the introductions like a good boy should

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by pieinthesky

Yes happens to me all the time, i also see hundreds of other people who are all in the same dream, they have all unique faces and colours.. i have a deep feeling they are real somewhere in the world.

Like my dream of Obama's assassination that i had last year, i had it all down to detail and everyone's faces looked familiar.

Strange phenomenon definately

[edit on 17/05/09 by Raider of Truth]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by amari

Dan Brown's new book mentions this, or similar.

Noetic science i think its called.
Need to do more research...
and finish introduction thread!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieinthesky
Can people actually connect with other people in dreams - and both be aware of it the next day? This ever happened to anyone? Or anything like that?

I think this was done to me at school. When i stumbled across mind control, i started dreaming about someone, who i had at first no intention of speaking too.

You people know i talk alot about being mind controlled, i think we where both pushed to talk to each other.

The person happened to go on to work for them against me, and help them destroy my life.

Whether they got her to dream of me to, i do not know, but i always remember i had no intention of speaking to her before, and by this time i knew i was being mind controlled, and people around me too knew.

So who knows. I think if they think your going to be a problem in life, they will try to fix it, by pushing you with mind control in certain directions. I do not think love is anything i have ever really felt, but them using mind control to stimulate hormones in me.

So yep, i suppose you can especially today dream about each other, and know next day, with people using mind control on you. But i am not saying they do this for everyone, i think they use mind control on you if they think your life may be a problem, with regard to these areas, and they are shoving you together with someone, to like sort you out.

So i doubt i have ever really felt anything for anyone, because being mind controlled it makes me question, my feelings all the time.

I know today, even though its been years since this happened, they can stimulate the same feelings inside, but i totally ignore them.

So i do think they can use mind control to make you feel for someone, and i do think they can make you both dream of each other. Whether when you dream, you make connections or not, i dont know, but i do not remember my dreams anymore.

Nice thread. I think although most people meet people normally, like i said i think if they see you may be a problem, you may find especially in school they may step in.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by izoomonu

Hey and welcome to the ATS on my behalf.

Personally, I think that all these "astral projections" and such are merely (mis-)interpretations of the capacities of human mind.

More likely, all this is merely conscious dreaming. Just my opinion tho!

-v

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Raider of Truth

Yes happens to me all the time,

Shouldn't you have said "happens to me and _______ all the time"?
The point being that both you and the other person had the same dream involving each other several times and you both remembered it each time.

Personally, in spite of dreaming of familiar people all the time, never have any of them actually dreamed of me at the same time. Neither do I know anyone who has had that experience.

I do believe in there being power in having good/positive thoughts about the people you care about. Alternatively, thinking about someone, or even dreaming about them can be the result of those people thinking about you.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by pieinthesky

Hello all, first post here, have been browsing for sometime but really wanted to reply to pieinthesky about "dream meetings with friends and family". This is a very normal step or stage in spiritual/psychic development but also outside most folks everyday experience and/or memory. For more infomation I highly recomend the book "The Magus of Stravolos", (sorry I can't remember the author's name at the moment) but it answered a lot of questions for me and I would like to pass it on to others with simular questions. Wishing everyone an informative and enjoyable dream life, G.A.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Thank you everyone for your contributions - I find this a fascinating topic, and not completely sure If its happening to me or not - but I have a sense that it is...if any of that makes sense...its an awkward situation to approach the person in question, although I think they would feel the same way if it were actually occuring.....so its just one of those things.....but fascinating!!!! Thanks everyone - keep them coming

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
In terms of dreaming, technology exists to send full motion video images text directly to your mind. Computer assisted imagery manipulated in and by your mind. Technology is where it is.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
There are many people throughout the world that make efforts to do this on a very regular basis. They are scientifically called "oneironauts."

This has been an area of extreme interest to me for over a decade.

I have met several people this way. %70 of the time we can corroborate certain aspects of the dream. A visual cue or action. Maybe %30 have we been able to corroborate an actual conversation.

A long time friend of mine who is an artist and I worked for several weeks designing and drawing a specific diner. Not one we'd ever been to or seen. The idea was it would be someplace we were ingrained to know, both visually and by muscle memory from drawing it. I moved across the country for a few years. We met at this diner several times to varying results, but once, he'd "brought a guest" he wanted me to meet. I'd never seen her before, and had no idea who she was. About a year later when I moved back to my hometown I met her, in a diner with said friend, and ended up marrying her and had 2 kids.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieinthesky

yes I believe its a form of telepathy. Some can even attack enemies in their dreams with the correct amount of energy on the table.

top topics

join