It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Another one of my toilet rant - flushing mechanisms

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
If anyone would remember, I used to rant about dark, and shiny floor tiles and open side toilet cubicles, all combining to eradicate your privacy from the next toilet cubicle.

Now the manual flushing mechanism. Why does who ever invented it, had to be operated by hand??!!

Remember, when you pee or poo, you had to touch your private parts and maybe handle a bit of that poo and pee then use the handle with your hand... Isn't that a bit unsanitary?? What if the person is sick and had deadly bacteria in their poo or had STD?? Then another person touches that flushing handle and may get those diseases...

And you use your hand to handle things that get into your mouth or handle your private parts so you can get sick easily if your hands are dirty...

So why not flushing mechanisms be operated by foot??? How about a foot pedal to flush toilets or urinals wouldn't that be a lot more sanitary?? First off, you don't use your foot to wipe off, touch, etc..(correct me if I'm wrong if you do..) and especially, you don't eat with your feet/shoes.

You can tell me that many have adopted automatic systems now which solved all my rantings but still, not all. Not all could afford the technology. And for the $#@! of it, why did the inventor didn't think of it in the first place?? I am an inventor and engineer myself and you can't tell me it's impossible and expensive to do, I've done a lot more difficult and complex stuff than that!!




posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Continuing, you can argue to wash your hands after peeing in the wash area also inside the restroom solves the problem. Unfortunately, not everyone does that. When you leave the restroom you sometimes have to pull open the door to get out which someone have handled without washing their hands



posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Easy solution, grab a few paper towels when you dry your hands and use them to cover your hands while you open the door.



posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Easy solution, grab a few paper towels when you dry your hands and use them to cover your hands while you open the door.


Paper towels? Geographically speaking they aren't always available in the wash area, in USA, yes, but if you've been to other countries, some don't have it at all and depend solely on electric drier or worse, they don't it too. Maybe just adopt a push/pull door instead - another thing to point out



posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
uch! I hate public restrooms!
Your worried about the flushing mechanism? How about the toilet seat? I always cover it with toilet paper first before I sit on it... so dirty *shivers*

having a messy child I learned to carry a little bottle of liquid soap in my purse (the kind you don't need to rinse off). That might be the solution to your problem



posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk
 





You can tell me that many have adopted automatic systems


Trust me, these are far from perfect. I actually considered starting a thread on them.

You know the butt gaskets that they have in public restrooms? The ones that you punch the little center piece out of which sits in the toilet water, still attached to the rest of the gasket? Well, when you get your gasket set exaaactly where you want it and turn around to assume the position..... that motion sensor assumes that you have left and promply flushes the toilet, taking the gasket with it. This is extremely annoying and is only compounded if the matter is of any urgency.



posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK
having a messy child I learned to carry a little bottle of liquid soap in my purse (the kind you don't need to rinse off). That might be the solution to your problem


Hmm, looks like the only solution until they reinvent toilets, thanks



Originally posted by Karlhungis
You know the butt gaskets that they have in public restrooms? The ones that you punch the little center piece out of which sits in the toilet water, still attached to the rest of the gasket? Well, when you get your gasket set exaaactly where you want it and turn around to assume the position..... that motion sensor assumes that you have left and promply flushes the toilet, taking the gasket with it. This is extremely annoying and is only compounded if the matter is of any urgency.


Lol, your definitely right about that. I had that mistake once and worse I put 2 gaskets because of the offensive smell(just to make sure). They got sucked in and clogged the toilet. I think only in North America use those gaskets, around Asia you have to contend with tissue paper and it's obviously more inconvenient...

..I still petition for foot-operated flushing mechanisms, most likely placed on the floor for convenience.




top topics



 
0

log in

join