It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liar Liar.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Ok, this may just be a personal thing, or it may be something like the thread, where we think it only affects us alone, such as the "Phantom Phone", thanks for that Name whoever you are, I forgot.

It may be an OCD for me, but everytime, it happens.

I tell a lie, and it comes true.

It almost feels like, the world changes to fit my lie.

Which mostly, comes in a very bad way.

I called in to work, saying I couldn't make it my grandma had passed away... it wasn't but a few hours, until she died of a heart attack.

Called into work sick, said I had a cold, and was throwing up.... I actually just had a girl, I wanted 'more' time with, and I'll be damned if I didn't get a cold and vomiting, within the same day, and had to send her on her way.

Now I can list more and more details.

Some can be discarded as well you said you were sick, and your mind heard it and thought you were sick, and acted accordingly, but I doubt that would affect other people, you weren't around, and quite a few at that. This is my attempt, and a abnormality, in life.

Like, if I told a lie right now, I'm at least 99% sure (99% because, nothing is certain), that it would somehow make itself true.

Just to add, I've since, become a brutally honest person, and when I call into work, it's usually a straight honest answer, lol, a 100% answer, I'd rather him know i'm 'busy' then tell a lie!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I think the world is full of irony, but i would not agree with your statement there. Your talking about positive thinking sort of thing.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Perhaps you should change the question to "How many lies have I told that haven't come true?".

You only notice the odd occasion or two (or five) where a lie became reality after the fact. But the hundreds of other lies that don't "realise" you miss.

...And it's pretty much this effect "psychics" like John Edward rely on. Not the information they don't know, but the information they get right by chance...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Self-fullfilling prophesy?

But the whole grandmother thing has me thrown. If I were an educated person, I'd say that subconciously you have manefested certain behaviour traits that have been expressed as lies, but more than that, have emerged through your subconcious as an attempt to disassociate yourself from the truth. ie your grandmother was ill, you manefested a "lie" thus giving credence to the fact.
ie you may have been feeling sick, thus giving support to your lie.

Whereas you think you are lying. But guilt/subconcious is actually telling you what is in actuality, the truth.

Or I could be full of (Snip).

Good luck with this one, my friend.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by asala]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   

I've had simular problems with simular results even the I avoiding lying usually now.
I am pretty sure it has something to do with the power of our minds and belief but I am one of those spiritual nuts after all.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Proverbs 18:7

"A fool’s mouth is his undoing,

and his lips are a snare to his soul."

This is essentially what you are describing, lies trap (snare) you.

The truth sets you free was nothing about being free from injustice its about not trapping yourself because thats what being free is, its a choice between lying or telling the truth.

Hope that makes sense to you.

Everyone is free, always are, always were and always will be unless they choose not to be. Follow lies or follow truth, tell lies or tell the truth, trap yourself or free yourself, all have consequences just like you have experienced, in the end when its all said and done the only person you have to blame is the old man in the mirror because its all down to your choices.

I am glad to hear that you are turning away from lying in life.

(Lyrics)

[edit on 13-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Yep, I know what the main consensus is, but come on it's me!

You know me!

I wouldn't bring up such a 'stupid' sounding thing on ATS such as this, if I didn't think I myself haven't evaluated it, from the age of 2 I was brought up around psychologists!

I know Psychology inside and outside! I especially know the self-fulfilling prophecy, I fear most 2012 conspiracies of that!

It's everything though, and it's only the lies, and they become true, fairly quickly at that.

Such as if I said, I was dating a girl I'd never met, soon enough, whether it be hell and high water, she'd be at my door asking for a date, with no action on my behalf, only by telling someone, regardless of whether I know them or not.

I give the option to attack me, since I would others, but I told a woman, a month before my dad died, that I knew he would die soon, (jokingly of course, the subject is none of your business). The next month, I found myself rushing to his deathbed...

Hell, on a brighter note, i've said that I had a 1,000 dollars, even when my bank account was roughly -3,000 and change lol. And my new bank account was 5.00

And i'll be damned if I didn't get asked an odd job for 1,000 dollars.

It just seems all to weird.

For all the weird events in life, this is the one that has puzzled me the most...

And lately, i've tried to tell the truth, and only the truth.

But when I lie it comes true... every time, for as long as I can remember, which leads me to believe, I should probably try the lotto! But i'm not one for gambling.... maybe I'll just tell my boss I don't want a raise! Hell yeah, tomorrow I'm going to try it as a experiment, I'll keep this posted, hell yeah!

I really want a raise, so telling him I don't, is a lie, and if I do, then telling him I don't would be a lie, and by my life, it'll happen, also to add, he's indian, which make sthis foolproof!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
According to many spiritual paths, what you say is an "affirmation" that the Universe tries to fulfill. I don't exactly believe that altogether, but there seems to be some merit to it.

You might try telling positive things. I just won the lottery. I just got a great job, found a great partner, etc., etc.

And don't lie.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613

You might try telling positive things. I just won the lottery. I just got a great job, found a great partner, etc., etc.

And don't lie.

Thats the same thing, its lies.

Think about it.

Im just saying and mean nothing offensive.

Telling the truth is a hard path to take.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   

I enjoy your threads. I know you are an atheist and I am a believer in the Trinity. But I don't want to make my post about religion.

There are a group of religious fanatics that I call the name it and claim crowd. They believe if you say you are going to be healed you will be healed. If you say you will come into financial help then get ready to count your cash.

Our minds are very powerful little units. Most of us use about 10 percent of our gray matter.

I know there are some that can and have harnessed more than that small percentage of brain power. I have played with mind power since I was a child.

I was sitting on my tricycle in front of my parents home and was about 5 years old. One of the neighborhood teenagers walked by me and said something mean.

At that moment I focused all my might on her and hoping she would fall and hurt her knees. To my surprise, she fell and had bloody scraps on her knees when she got up.

That scared the hell out of my young self. I knew I had caused her to fall.

After that when I had bad thoughts about people I Would try to erase those thoughts from my mind. I didn't want to really hurt anybody. I kept my mind in check until after I went to college. That was the late 60's.

Since then I have enjoyed pushing my mind with small personal experiments like lowering my blood pressure, stopping hiccups, not yawning when others yawn and causing my muscles to act in a singular way to massage themselves. There is more but I won;t go into anymore.

What I'm saying is don't underestimate your mind power of suggestion and it's ability to make things happen.

I never think anything about myself or anyone else that I don't want to happen.

I applied and was approved for disability over two years ago. I had to wait 24 months from the date I was approved to get medicare.

I made a joke about it and said I will stay well until medicare kicks in .

Well that was a mistake. Medicare was to be available to me in July of this year. I started feeling bad and tired all the time in June.

Got medicare coverage on July first, went to my doctor and to my shock I now have a life threatening condition.

Don't ever forget the power of your brain. Never name it and claim it if you don't want it to come true.

I'm not suggesting it is a God given power. I'm saying the power of our minds is a little exercised power that will surprise you if you apply yourself. You may be doing just that and not knowing that you are creating and causing things to manifest themselves.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
According to many spiritual paths, what you say is an "affirmation" that the Universe tries to fulfill. I don't exactly believe that altogether, but there seems to be some merit to it.

And don't lie.

Well see, if I believe it, it doesn't work, like I didn't believe anything before, I "knew" it was a lie, but somehow or another, it manifested into the truth.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

The truth is always a harder path to take.

But why?

You have pithy saying; "The truth shall set you free" etal.

Why? Why is the truth harder to say? Why it it easier to lie?

Honest questions. No snarkiness involved.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

OK... Lie and say I am dead. If I die then my wife reserves every right to pursue you for mentally killing me. Agreed?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex

OK... Lie and say I am dead. If I die then my wife reserves every right to pursue you for mentally killing me. Agreed?

Do you really want to agree to that?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Think of it as an experiment. You said you tell a lie and it come's true, so let's test the theory. I'm more than willing to act as a test subject in the experiment in order to test the validity of the claim given. If true, then there would seem to be some weird mental powers unexplainable going on, if false then I haven't wasted my time. But like I said, if true and I should die, we have to agree that my wife reserves the right to pursue you for mentally killing me as your lie would be the causation of my death.

It appears from the cited examples that this feat works rather quickly, so I'll give a generous time frame of one week for my death to be realized by your lie.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Could you please tell me your heritage/lineage? What country are your relatives from?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by XXXN3O

The truth is always a harder path to take.

But why?

You have pithy saying; "The truth shall set you free" etal.

Why? Why is the truth harder to say? Why it it easier to lie?

Honest questions. No snarkiness involved.

Well the truth appears to be harder because it involves honesty. Telling the truth in every circumstance is not an easy thing if you have made mistakes along the way.

I mean look at this thread, if lying traps you as the opening post has demonstrated then how is it possible that believing you have a ferrari in your drive is going to give you the ferrari, even if it does how is this not the exact same path of lies that traps you?

Thats believing a lie to make it reality. It is still taking the path of lies regardless of if it works. In the end if indeed the "universe" did give you the gift or however you wanted to explain it if it did work, you did not get it yourself did you so wheres the reward for that?

Yet the same people when asked how they got the ferrari if they did would never say "Hey Jim, I sat on my ass and I asked the universe and it gave me it", they say "I worked to achieve it and i am a success" or something similar. Thats even more lies unless they did work to achieve it

Taking the truth is always harder because it involves hard honest work, speaking your mind, not lying about things to cover them up but in the end your not going to be trapped by your lies coming back on you when you realise the truth of what the lies have done to you.

Depends how you look at it, if you could not lie, choices would be easier in some ways because you would know all the consequences or at least know the most likely consequence.
But we can lie, thats what makes choices so complicated and thats what traps in the end, the lies having consequences because thats the truth.

Tell me if that doesnt make sense

Dont get me wrong here, if I were to hope that I could get something thats different or wanting something and believing I have what it takes to achieve it.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacecowgirl
Could you please tell me your heritage/lineage? What country are your relatives from?

Dad= Egyptian
Mom= Canadian

That is as far as I know.

Besides my dad, I'm full blooded canadian, as far back as I can trace, the families before that, have been blocked out, I kid you not, they are untraceable. My great grandma, and great grandpa, for as far as anyone can tell, don't exist (impossible) but, for records sake, just aren't there, as far as it is known, I consider myself, (lol) Canadian-African-American, get it, lol, I'm african american, but no, I'm more canadian, by alot then anything.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex

Think of it as an experiment. You said you tell a lie and it come's true, so let's test the theory. I'm more than willing to act as a test subject in the experiment in order to test the validity of the claim given. If true, then there would seem to be some weird mental powers unexplainable going on, if false then I haven't wasted my time. But like I said, if true and I should die, we have to agree that my wife reserves the right to pursue you for mentally killing me as your lie would be the causation of my death.

It appears from the cited examples that this feat works rather quickly, so I'll give a generous time frame of one week for my death to be realized by your lie.

You know, I was hesitant, than I thought, well I'll need your name, but no not really Idon't. I don't even need to know where you are, but, at most give it six months, to one day. Savvy?

Tomorrow, I will tell someone that my friend....sirnex, has died, in a car accident, he didn't die on the scene, but in the hospital, lol, it wouldn't really matter either, because I can't be the cause, I mean really! Think about it, what proof would connect me to it!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Thanks for some more insight. I have a seventeen year old son. If lying were an Olympic event, he'd be a gold medalist. The whole philosophy of lying just stuns me. This is not just a subject for a thread, but for a book. The abstract issues involved just throw me.

Thanks.

Mike

top topics

<<   2 >>

join