It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US embassy evacuated ... The plot thickens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   

The US embassy in Pretoria was briefly evacuated again today because of a bomb scare, according to an anonymous South African Police Services officer.

But embassy spokeswoman Sharon Hudson-Dean would not say if the evacuation had been the evacuation had been because of a threat or was a routine security drill.

Complete Article Here ...

A routine security drill?! ... So quick after the last closing down of the US embassies in South Africa?!

Is the plot thickening and are we moving toward US military in South Africa? Perhaps the US will offer 'help' in the form of security forces in South Africa for the 2010 soccer world cup .. and then forget to leave afterwards?

What do you guys think?

Edit to correct 210 = 2010

[edit on 13/10/2009 by Psyagra]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Psyagra

I just watched a news show on South Africa. Aren't you guys at 25+% unemployment down there?

How is it going? Not that you can trust the media nowadays. . .

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

It is worrying that this is happening now - I originally thought that Swine Flu would be the greatest obstacle for WC2010 but no it seems that SA is seen as a soft target. Lot's of American companies and a country that is not very restrictive in terms of movement and security.

When I was in the US a couple years ago, I saw more military than we ever see in SA - at airports etc.
I think we will start seeing this here as well (as long as our military doesnt go on strike again)

A march on government buildings by South African troops who demand higher pay has worried authorities, prompting an investigation into the affair.

www.presstv.com...

It really irritates me to think that the US's Foreign Policy is going to affect us on a personal security level now. It's bad enough that they are ruining the world economically.

join