It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can we the American people put the future back in our hands ?!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Its evident this country has seen better days, an economy on the verge of collapse, the failure of the dollar, lies from the government honestly the list goes on and on but im not here to talk about whats wrong as to what we can do to fix it. The future of this nation is in our hands, only we can make a change and im ready. People need to be more aware of the world around them despite the lies. So what im asking of you is to give me some ideas on how I can stand up for what I believe in ?? What can we do to make sure this country sets out on the forever lasting path of freedom ??

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by letspreadtruth

You could just vote. Or run for office yourself.
They've spent the better part of the 20th century trashing what used to be America. It's going to take a few years to sort it out and get it back to where it should be.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Hmm run for office, how old do you have to be ??

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Over 18 for local. Start small. Work your way up.

At the age of 23, Aaron Schock was simultaneously the youngest school board president in history and the youngest Illinois State Representative. He is now the youngest Member of Congress and the first to be born in the 1980’s.

Source
schock.house.gov...

He's a good "kid." Was in my old district when I lived in Illinois. Even if you're a democrat, he'd be a good role model.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Oh wow I didnt know that, how would you advise me to learn more about politics, stuff specific for running that is.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Go with what you know. Me? I'm an old man and a hard-# conservative. I won't give you any advice. It wouldn't be right.

Find someone that you agree with politically and contact them. Tell them you want to learn.
Whatever way you lean, left/right/centrist there is bound to be a political person in your area that you agree with.
Intern. Work. Study. Read history. Read current events.

Good luck.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Wow thankyou for the great advice, its something im going to look into and heavily consider.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Rock on, youngster! Just get a thick skin. Politics is right up there with cage fighting for dirty tricks. Read. Learn. The key words here on ATS are "Deny Ignorance."

Don't forget them.

Good luck.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
In answer to your question:
How can we the American people put the future back in our hands ?!

Seperate yourselves from the matrix created by the elites....

one group comes to mind who have succeeded at this...The Amish

[edit on 13-10-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Vote for an Independent in 2012. That is, if there's an election.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
At the point we are right now, with a government run by corrupted entities gouging the tax payer for their own benefit, only a civil unrest can take back the government, or shake the powers to its fundation.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Great advice, thankyou again ! You have been a great help.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Good idea, but I think we have to do more than just vote. People need to be informed of whats going on.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Yes thats how its looking nowadays, first we inform people. People need to learn read and hear truth.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Uhm, Marg,
That is great advice to give out to one of our nation's young people, you should be proud of that cynicism. Just curious, do you have any children? I would hope you would teach them to vote and speak out about things they support or don't. I am thinking teaching our young to consider a mass revolt would not be the best learning experience but, that is just me.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
With the vast MSM running the info media skit, by whomever???
Well they have been successfull!
The only power I can see that we have a chance to butt heads with tis much media is online.
I'm not rich! But I have enough to travel a bit!

I've sen 1st hand these so called mexican cartels ---guns/drugs

Their just mad that the ppl in the USA get by with more , but the spanards are made out to be the bad guys!

There is a thread going at the moment I'll try to get it telling of how "the MSM is a weapon orf mass distuction"
Although I don't agree with 90% of what he says, TPTB and the MSM are a "WEAPON OF MASS DISTRUCTION"

Basisc learning classes teach that if you hear something, read it, or say it 3 times you are very likely to follow/believe it....remember it!
It was my weapon for finals during school.

Its very obvious that unless we have another source of truely free speach media, we are doomed to the PTB

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by vance

Theres two ways to look at it, 1) Civil Unrest is the only way because no matter what you do the powers that be will just put another puppet in office. 2) Violence just continues on with one of the things that is wrong with not only the country but the world. Something im sure we all can agree on is that people need to be informed.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I'm a big believer in what Gerald Celente says.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

1. You need to pressure your elected regional officials to move away from the union in any way possible. This will diminish influence the federal government has on the following...

2. You need to create and support more political parties.

3. The people need to STOP supporting corporate America. STOP buying in Wal-mart, STOP watching the propaganda MSM.

4. Create groups of organised peaceful protest to combat the inevitable measures the federal government will take to control public opinion and prevent all of the above.

And... most importantly...

5. STOP swallowing this ridiculous political posturing! STOP fighting amongst yourselves over the stupid party dramas (created to distract you!) and recognise that you're ALL Americans, and you ALL see the same failings and dangers in a corporately controlled federal government.

That's what I think should happen. And that's what I think will happen eventually. But unfortunately, I think there'll be a lot of bloodshed too. Especially in the early stages. The federal government will not simply sit back and watch their control of the people slip.
They will fight it, and they will use every means short of all out warfare.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by vance

My children are adults right now and they are very aware that we the older generation have helped shape the nation they are inheriting for their children, a nation that is not longer a wealth building nation and the American dream nothing but myth.

We have done that to them with our apathy and trusting the corruption that had taken hold of our nations government. what my parents generation fought so hard for us to have we have turned into crap for our children and grandchildren.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Great post thankyou, i agree with all your points and the one that stands out is the parties fighting each other. Your point in right on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join